Genesis 8 Male / Michael 8 - Skins and Anatomical Elements

ADAD Posts: 396
edited August 2017 in Product Suggestions

I have a question to Michael 8. I am currently trying Michael 8, but somehow with the skin is not clear.

When I click on Michael 8 and then activate Michael 8 all maps, the skin appears darker n the face and the rest of the body is absolutely bright and does not match the skin color of the head. If I use the base material in the folder Materials, then the skin is completely perfect, only then I can't turn off the eyebrows, which is only about the material of Michael 8 / No Brows. Missing in Michael 8 Materials perhaps the skin of the body or whence comes the color difference?

And unfortunately I miss the genitals of Michael 8. I did't buy a bundle - but I think a male figure also includes the genitals - why does the DAZ not always with and why does one get these only over the pro bundle?

Post edited by AD on

Comments

• That sounds like a gamma value mis-match in one of the maps on the face, compared to the rest of the body. You can check the gamma values by clicking the micro-thumbnail for the image next to the colour bar/strength slider (the one you click to pick an image) and selecting Image Editor.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
    edited August 2017

Another Ques. About Michael 8: The info as to what is included says 

• Anatomical Elements Material Preset: I was going to ask exactly what AD above asks. Where are the Anatomical Elements? (I have not yet made any Michael 8 or G8 purchase.) Do I have to buy the PRO BUNDLE to get the Anatomical Elements themselves? The PRO BUNDLE info says 
    • Genesis 8 Male Anatomical Elements: What above the STARTER BUNDLE? I've looked there but it doesn't says it contains the Anatomical Elements. Hmmm. I'd like to buy the Elements and not bother about all of those clothes and extras.
    Post edited by inquire on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    inquire said:

• Anatomical Elements Material Preset: I was going to ask exactly what AD above asks. Where are the Anatomical Elements? (I have not yet made any Michael 8 or G8 purchase.) Do I have to buy the PRO BUNDLE to get the Anatomical Elements themselves? The PRO BUNDLE info says 
    • Genesis 8 Male Anatomical Elements: What above the STARTER BUNDLE? I've looked there but it doesn't says it contains the Anatomical Elements. Hmmm. I'd like to buy the Elements and not bother about all of those clothes and extras.

You only get anatomical elements in the Pro bundle. They are not available separately from Daz 3D and they are not included in the starter bundle.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    inquire said:
    Anatomical Elements Material Preset: I was going to ask exactly what AD above asks. Where are the Anatomical Elements?

Apparently separate materials presets are being phased out — look again at the full-body preset as you hover the mouse pointer over it, the file type is "hierarchical material preset", not just "material preset". This means it includes settings for bits that are parented to the figure; not just the Anatomical Elements, but also I think the eyebrows, which are a separate part in G8.

• ADAD Posts: 396

The skin looks like this attached file. And I'm not very amused that the genitals are not supplied with the purchase of the figure.

Michael8.jpg
    485 x 800 - 155K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited August 2017

I suspect DAZ is choosing to move to hierarchical material presets due to things like the eyelashes and sometimes the eyebrows being separate from the base figure now.

Post edited by jestmart on
    AD said:

The skin looks like this attached file. And I'm not very amused that the genitals are not supplied with the purchase of the figure.

Yep, this certainly isn't good. I have not yet bought any Genesis 8 products. I was looking at Michael 8, and, I guess, the Pro Bundle. But I was just going to ask today, before I buy anything, if this mismatch between the face and the rest of the body skin texture has been corrected. I think it should be corrected. I'm not even sure what this means: "That sounds like a gamma value mis-match in one of the maps on the face, compared to the rest of the body. You can check the gamma values by clicking the micro-thumbnail for the image next to the colour bar/strength slider (the one you click to pick an image) and selecting Image Editor."

I don't think I, or anyone else, should have to try to correct gamma values in a brand new product, especially one which  boasts:

Skin Material Advancements: (Read More)

Dramatically improved Iray Uber Shader with new Sub Surface features designed to enhance the natural shading, depth, glow and detail of figures.

It's the Ad Info for Genesis 8 and Michael 8 which boasts this.

So, hopefully I'll read soon in this thread that this error has been corrected.

• AD said:

And I'm not very amused that the genitals are not supplied with the purchase of the figure.

DAZ hasn't included them with the base figure for at least the last 8 years, and folks have been complaining about it for at least that long that I know of. DAZ doesn't seem to think having them is important enough to do so.

edited August 2017

Today I tried all again to reproduce the error of the skin, but all works ok now. I think I have mixed the skins of the base material with the Michael 8 mats. This are the different view of the skin of the head and body. The base shader is not the same colour than Michael's. If nobody mix this skins, all works perfect. But if somebody uses the base materials, there is no choise with og without brows.
    And just because the intimate area of Genesis Male 8 / Michael 8 looks so modest, it is all the worse, if the genes are completely missing. Perhaps a few more Dollars for the standard figure, but please also supply male figures completely with gens and do not deliever all men standard figures without gens or in a pro bundle. I would wish DAZ thinks about it for the future. 

Post edited by AD on
  • gederixgederix Posts: 390
    edited August 2017

If you are referring to lack of a male bulge in the groin area of clothing, having the gens will not solve that issue. Generally clothes will not conform around genital props so the gens will just poke through, and turning off the gens prop (clicking the visibility icon in the scene pane) leaves a hole in the figure that makes the issue worse. However some male clothes come with a bulge morph, and there are products that can add it to outfits, check out Sickleyields products I think.

FYI once you do purchase a pro bundle the gens that come with it are the same as any other pro bundle of that figure generation, so you can use the gens for all figures of that generation (and sex). But a G8 gen prop will not work with G3/2 etc. Gens materials do come with standard figures (assuming the PA is including them at all, not all figures have gens mats) so you do not have to get the pro bundle of every figure. In case you werent aware.

Post edited by gederix on
    edited August 2017

I have changed the base mats of Genesis 8 male - how can I save this permanently as a standard for Genesis 8 male?

Does this mean I can use the gens of the previous generations e.g. Genesis Male for Genesis 8 male?

Gn8M_skins.jpg
    618 x 800 - 251K
    Post edited by AD on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,896

Genitals are geografts, which are figure specific; no prior generation's genitalia can be fit into G8.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

A morph to make him look properly masculine when dressed can be found in the G8 body morph pack. Look under Actor - Hip. The morph is called genital bulge. 

So ... unlike Mike 4, 5 & 6, Genesis 3 & 8 genitals can't be just parented to the hip and "shared" between figures that didn't come with their own. Guess I'll be getting the Pro Bundle after all since I also don't have Mike7 and he's gonna need one too. :sigh: There goes half of next month's budget. Ramen noodles, here I come!

AD said:

I have changed the base mats of Genesis 8 male - how can I save this permanently as a standard for Genesis 8 male?

Does this mean I can use the gens of the previous generations e.g. Genesis Male for Genesis 8 male?

I think you can save the mats you've arranged as a Material Preset. If it includes different body segments, you could try a Hierarchical Matrial Preset. 

I've also saved such things, including character morphs, and hair, and altered facial features, as a Scene Subset.

And no, as you've already been told, the genitals of one generation do not fit the genitals of another generation.

AD said:

Today I tried all again to reproduce the error of the skin, but all works ok now. I think I have mixed the skins of the base material with the Michael 8 mats. This are the different view of the skin of the head and body. The base shader is not the same colour than Michael's. If nobody mix this skins, all works perfect. But if somebody uses the base materials, there is no choise with og without brows

If this doesn't check out just the way you want, please file a bug report with DAZ, so that it will be corrected.

edited August 2017
    inquire said:
    AD said:

Here's something you might try, AD: If you want to buy the Pro Bundle, ask DAZ to give you a credit for Michael 8, as he comes with the Pro Bundle, and you can later use the credit for something else.

Also, if you go to the following site, there's a new product they just released for the Genesis 8 male, which includes gens and anus: http://www.renderotica.com/store/sku/57748_Dicktator-For-Genesis-8-Male

It looks like it comes with various textures and morphs. The textures might not match exactly with the textures of the rest of the figure, but that's often the case in real life. It's something like $14.90. I'm not saying "Buy it," I'm

just saying there's another option.

OK, thank you for the link and information. And thx to all other users, who gives me informations about Gn9/Michael 8.

How long does a decision from DAZ Helpdesk take about the refund of Michael 8 standard figure? I would like to take the price of the weekend sale for the Pro bundle, but before I have no decision on a refund, I don't want to buy the pro bundle yet. I'm only afraid, that then the regular price will appear.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited August 2017

If they are not new items then you should buy them by Sunday evening and by Sunday morning any items at the end of the scroll sale list just to the left of the Fast Grab sale that are there Saturday will be gone Sunday. Any old items on sale as part of a new introduction promotion end quickly in comparision to the length of time the new items stay on sale.

And also, on Fast Grab sometimes products stay a while and sometimes they don't.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited August 2017
    AD said:

How long does a decision from DAZ Helpdesk take about the refund of Michael 8 standard figure? I would like to take the price of the weekend sale for the Pro bundle, but before I have no decision on a refund, I don't want to buy the pro bundle yet. I'm only afraid, that then the regular price will appear.

Yeah, I don't know how long the Help Desk would take to get back to you. Sorry. Also, I don't know what their policy would be for extending credit. 

Oh, WAIT: I believe you can return any product you bought within 30 Days for a Refund. So, if you want a refund of Michael 8 and you're buying the Pro Bundle, I

think you'd probably get that refund. But, I don't want to absolutely guarantee it, because I'm not the DAZ Help Desk.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    AD said:

Today I tried all again to reproduce the error of the skin, but all works ok now. I think I have mixed the skins of the base material with the Michael 8 mats. This are the different view of the skin of the head and body. The base shader is not the same colour than Michael's. If nobody mix this skins, all works perfect. But if somebody uses the base materials, there is no choise with og without brows.
    And just because the intimate area of Genesis Male 8 / Michael 8 looks so modest, it is all the worse, if the genes are completely missing. Perhaps a few more Dollars for the standard figure, but please also supply male figures completely with gens and do not deliever all men standard figures without gens or in a pro bundle. I would wish DAZ thinks about it for the future. 

Both male and female figures only get gens with the pro bundle and what DAZ supplies is basic at best, been that way for awhile now.. If you need quality gens go to renderotica and look for vendor Meipe for M8

• inquire said:

• MariaTortilliaMariaTortillia Posts: 47
    edited March 2018

I think is is a total rip that the gens prop is only available in the pro bundle, it absolutly should be included with the michael 8 figure,

Post edited by MariaTortillia on
  • I think is is a total rip that the gens prop is only available in the pro bundle, it absolutly should be included with the michael 8 figure,

Yeah, people keep saying this. But it's not going to change. All you can do is wait for the pro bundle of choice to go on sale. And remember: you only have to buy ONE pro bundle per generation/gender and you'll have the anatomical element.

• I think is is a total rip that the gens prop is only available in the pro bundle, it absolutly should be included with the michael 8 figure,

Yeah, people keep saying this. But it's not going to change. All you can do is wait for the pro bundle of choice to go on sale. And remember: you only have to buy ONE pro bundle per generation/gender and you'll have the anatomical element.

I expect it to disappear entirely before it shows up in any other bundle options other than a build a pro bundle, to be honest.

It's funny, 90% of my renders involve nudity, yet I don't own a single pro bundle. Goes to show that the 3rd party ones meet or exceed expectations and are worth the expense IMO. They could stop with them in the pro bundles and I gather many wouldn't even notice.

• It's funny, 90% of my renders involve nudity, yet I don't own a single pro bundle. Goes to show that the 3rd party ones meet or exceed expectations and are worth the expense IMO. They could stop with them in the pro bundles and I gather many wouldn't even notice.

Considering that many people seem to think that this site is the only one in existence for 3D content, the number of "where are the genitals??!11" threads would probably increase.

It's funny, 90% of my renders involve nudity, yet I don't own a single pro bundle. Goes to show that the 3rd party ones meet or exceed expectations and are worth the expense IMO. They could stop with them in the pro bundles and I gather many wouldn't even notice.

Considering that many people seem to think that this site is the only one in existence for 3D content, the number of "where are the genitals??!11" threads would probably increase.

LOL, good point. Would be funny to have a ton of "where are the gens" threads in the commons after a release though, especially with the many diffeent ways to word it, LOL

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Goes to show that the 3rd party ones meet or exceed expectations and are worth the expense IMO. They could stop with them in the pro bundles and I gather many wouldn't even notice.

Considering the price for those 3rd party anatomical elements it is also an easy financial decision when one doesn't need any other stuff a Pro bundle offers. Which is usually the case for me.

And I didn't have any problems with fitting them to any character's texture, as there usually is a script to copy the needed stuff from the characters texture.

So do you use the product by Meipe? I'm just curious as to which product you think is best.