No workspace after update

DIM updated DAZ today. The update wiped my icon from the desktop and when I create a new one, DAZ runs fine but has only a white screen. When I attempt to load a workspace there are no options. Running DAZ directly from within the /program files/DAZ3d/DazStudio4 folder gives the same result....where did the workspaces go? Why can't I choose a new one?

Comments

• The white screen usually indicates that DS hadn't fully closed when the update was installed. Close DS, make sure it really is closed in Task Manager, uninstall, then reinstall.

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,069
    edited November 2019

I am having the same problem with regards to not displaying workspace on my computer, but I don't see a white screen at all.  All I see is the welcome pop-up, but no workspace.  Did DAZ Studio update yesterday by chance?  I am pretty sure I closed the program in Task Manager, but after I uninstalled and reinstalled this morning, I still have the same problem.  What is going on?

And there may have been a small white screen - it didn't show on my screen, but rather in a small icon when hovering the mouse over the taskbar.

I do have one question: Does DAZ Studio install updates automatically?  I am not sure if I closed DAZ Studio fully through Task Manager, but when I tried to reinstall the 4.11, I still get the same problem.  Would I have to install an update to DAZ Studio in order for the workspace to show again?

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on
  • I am having the same problem with regards to not displaying workspace on my computer, but I don't see a white screen at all.  All I see is the welcome pop-up, but no workspace.  Did DAZ Studio update yesterday by chance? 

DS doesn't auto-update, so only if you updated it yourself.

I am pretty sure I closed the program in Task Manager, but after I uninstalled and reinstalled this morning, I still have the same problem.  What is going on?

Closing via Task Manager might well cause issues if you interrupted it while it was writing a file, such as the UI configuration.

And there may have been a small white screen - it didn't show on my screen, but rather in a small icon when hovering the mouse over the taskbar.

I do have one question: Does DAZ Studio install updates automatically?  I am not sure if I closed DAZ Studio fully through Task Manager, but when I tried to reinstall the 4.11, I still get the same problem.  Would I have to install an update to DAZ Studio in order for the workspace to show again?

If it's corrupted layout files then one option is to remove them. Assuming this is Windows and the general release, with DS closed open a file browser and type

%AppData%/daz 3d/Studio4/

into the address bar and then remove the actions.dsx, layout.dsx, menus.dsx, and toolbars.dsx files and try launching again - you should get the default layout. Also, if this is a layout issue then it should affect only one channel (General Release or Public Build) so you could try the other.