DAZ or Daz?

WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
edited December 1969 in New Users

After several months of first experiences and nice results with this fantastic program there's still one problem left:
Do you spell it D - A - Z or 'dass'? ;-)

Comments

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    edited December 1969

I spell it DAZ because I thought it was an abbreviation.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2013

DAZ 3D is the company Daz Studio is the program, normally referred to as DS for brevity.

and yes DAZ is an acronym for Digital Art Zone

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

In terms of pronunciation, it rhymes with "jazz." At least, that's how everyone pronounces it in the YouTube videos, including official ones.

• WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

The dictionary tells me that a dazzler is a german "Blender" - and Blender is another 3D program ;-)

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It is also the name of a very famous Washing Powder, google should show you. It is definitely DAZ with the sound of a buzzing bee at the end, and not an ess. :-)

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

Also- in general "DAZ" refers to DAZ3D (The company) and when referring to the software it is- DAZ Studio, Studio, or DS... once upon a time there was a thread back at the old site where this was discussed... it seemed to matter to some people that others be very specific. I remember reading the thread and thinking... "Really? You find it confusing if someone says "Halfway through the render DAZ will freeze up"... like you can't tell if they are talking about the company or the software? But whatever, it never hurts to be specific.

DAZ (AKA DAZ 3D) : 1- Digital Art Zone. 2-A Theoretical point in space where one can spend countless hours and untold quantities of cash.