DAZ 4.5 pro - how do I use Dynamic clothing

DalekDalek Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I've looked all over the internet and I can't find a good, clear step-by-step instruction on how to use the dynamic clothing in DAZ 4.5 Pro.
I read one, tried to follow it and it made no sense - I click on the clothing in DS, tell it to drape, and it says I haven't selected anything, when I have.

So please, can someone offer either a good clear tutorial (not animation, just a single pose) on how to do it?

Ta muchly.

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Here is some info that might help http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15554/#228264

But I did forget one crucial aspect, to set up what the clothing has to Collide with.

Are you using Genesis ot Gen4 as the process is different for them both.

• DalekDalek Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

I'm trying to drape a superhero cape onto M4.

It won't let me select the item to drape, the cloth it will affect or even what to collide to. It's as if the controls are all there, but they won't work.

Post edited by Dalek on
    edited December 1969

this one http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-cape ? I don't have this so I can't check to process.

Do you have the Dynamic Clothing Control or just the basic one that comes with Daz Studio.

Anyways

Select M4 load Cape
    Open Timeline (Windows > Panes (Tabs) > Timeline
    Frame one: Standard M4 T-Posed with Cape loaded. Cape should have Fit To set to M4 in the Parameters Pane
    Frame 20: Pose M4 and dial up any body morphs for M4 at this stage.

Open Dynamic clothing Pane
    Select the Cape
    Set Drape to Animation
    Set Collide Parameters - Self explanatory.
    Hit Drape
    Either Stop the Drape at Frame 20 or you could use the last ten frame as a static drape type of thing if needed so let it go all the way to frame 30..

• DalekDalek Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi Pete

The cape is from a Renderosity freebie set and is a prop. I can't select it from the Dynamic Clothing tab... I can't select ANYTHING in the tab.

It's the basic DC plug-in which came with the software.

edited December 1969

Dynamic clothing for Daz Studio isn't the same as Dynamic clothing for Poser. Sorry to inform you that only Optiex based Dynamic clothing will work in Daz Studio.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

There are quite a few DAZ Studio dynamic freebies at Martin's site. http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload01.php

edited December 1969

Thanks Khory..doh why didn't I think of that. facepalm in shame.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Dalek said:
    I click on the clothing in DS

Not the cause of the problem in this case, but FYI — clicking on Optitex dynamic stuff in the Viewport doesn't select it. The only way to select dynamics is by clicking on the root of the object (not any of the parts) in the Scene tab. I think it's something to do with how the dynamic material is constructed, it's not quite a standard mesh object.