Michael 8

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
edited August 2017 in The Commons

What do you think of Michael 8? Personally I'm not really liking his eyebrows but I'm liking his shape and the rest of his textures. I love the realistic pores and I think the muscle flow looks good in the promos.

Post edited by 3Diva on

Comments

• iSeeThisiSeeThis Posts: 552

I think that you come here everyday the same time like me :-D Checking here is a bad habbit and not healthy for wallet.

Oh! And I think that I shall wait for promotion coming soon as a G8F buyer.

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933

Sooner than I expected. There isn't much I don't like about him. Good variety of outfits. Poses are pretty good. Decent characters. Price was really good. Violated my rule about a quick buy.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,983

Compared to M5 to M7, M8 looks too perfect so to speak, just looking of him is a bit off putting..

• orange banner isn't up but check your exclusive offers in your messages section get extra bonuses if your lucky plus if you get michael don't forget to add any of the other michael bundles you don't have that are listed into your cart to get them free

• jcbunnjcbunn Posts: 270
    edited August 2017

Looks like a soul-less plastic Ken doll

the whole G8 line remindes me of the Victoria 2 and 3 era.

or maybe its the lackluster renders, or the downgraded Iray settings. though Im still gona buy it

Post edited by jcbunn on
  • I think it's a good character. Quinton's head though. Holy crap. It's gigantic. At least in the main promo pic. LOL

• dimming the freebie g8 essentials at moment there is an update on g8f too

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I want to see what his skin looks like in customers renders, under different lights. I feel burned by Olympia 8 turning out so damn orange, so I'm curious to see how M8 looks. Also for those who are more male users than I am, wondering what is thought about his arms/shoulders/armpits/biceps. 

• oh if you are a pc+ member our coupons not working right tried my daz origional $6 off coupon and only knocked off extra $2 of M8pro so maybe restricting discounts to the pc+ bonus and my other extra bonus, same too with the other $6 coupon when tried adding old stuff that is part of the sale didn't get that knocked off so maybe I'll just get the M8Pro with the two discounts already + the two older michael pro's I don't have for free and keep the coupons for the daz morphs/expressions packs that'll probably come out tomorrow or before end of month and older related content conected to those

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited March 2019

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • Richard John SRichard John S Posts: 389
    edited August 2017

I think think model looks great, but I am not sure I want to buy the pro bundle with the types of stuff that are bundled. I don't think I will use much in that bundle besides the poses. I still prefer all the G2 and G3 male clothes and hair that I already use.

Now if DAZ would like to share which lights they used in this promo I would really love to buy those lights!

Post edited by Richard John S on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,814

Daz forgets Carrara users................... again....... no

was starting to think it was just me saying that......  

jcbunn said:

Looks like a soul-less plastic Ken doll

the whole G8 line remindes me of the Victoria 2 and 3 era.

or maybe its the lackluster renders, or the downgraded Iray settings. though Im still gona buy it

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Sorry, just not into him. If he was real, I wouldn't date him. My favorite is still Michael 4. Like Victoria 8, I just don't find him attractive. I have more than enough males from previous generations and so far, I have to say, I'm just not impressed with Gen 8. I have soooo much content already, that I have a feeling I'll be good with just the G8 bases and morphs and some merchant resource morphs and may wait for G9 and great sales on older content...  Actually, I have more content than I could probably use in a lifetime, so I'm happy I'm not swayed to purchase him laugh

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    Payday is in a few days. Gonna be picking this handsome man up
  • here in Tasmania it is 4:45pm Tuesday gotta go to work so may wait till come home or tomorrow and wait for all the sales glitches to right themselves as you all know there often are for a few hours or half day/night but yeah pro deal for me is good + the two old michael pros aint got though one I have pretty much everything already probably most other too but hey they are free for buying M8 and as it says in the ad M8 can use all the earlier stuff too 

Y'know, I'm the same way. I'm not feeling the love for the G8 line at all, and don't like using them, except when I have to. And as for previous content....I'm currently going through my "Lost and found" categorization in Smart Content and I have products there that I have completely forgotten about. Including half a dozen or so stonemason products - so I'm installing it all, correcting the metadata so it will actually show in Smart Content, and I've realized...I don't need to buy stuff for a long long time.  

Sorry, just not into him. If he was real, I wouldn't date him. My favorite is still Michael 4. Like Victoria 8, I just don't find him attractive. I have more than enough males from previous generations and so far, I have to say, I'm just not impressed with Gen 8. I have soooo much content already, that I have a feeling I'll be good with just the G8 bases and morphs and some merchant resource morphs and may wait for G9 and great sales on older content...  Actually, I have more content than I could probably use in a lifetime, so I'm happy I'm not swayed to purchase him laugh

He'd be like Genesis 8 Female - autofit all the Gen3 stuff on him and it should be fine. Actually, even shoes may autofit ok as the vast majority of G3male shoes are flat heeled and they do ok, compared to high heels.  

here in Tasmania it is 4:45pm Tuesday gotta go to work so may wait till come home or tomorrow and wait for all the sales glitches to right themselves as you all know there often are for a few hours or half day/night but yeah pro deal for me is good + the two old michael pros aint got though one I have pretty much everything already probably most other too but hey they are free for buying M8 and as it says in the ad M8 can use all the earlier stuff too 

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    Hmm I don't see the base morphs and expressions...and there is a hair IM seeing in some promos but don't see for sale either I WANT IT ALL
  • He's not bad. He sort of looks like Michael 7's older richer brother. I haven't bought any other G8 stuff, but I'll seriously consider him. Those hairs in the pro bundle are something awful though. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I think the M8 & V8 bundles are the best two bundles DAZ has made from the point of view of a new user that would want DAZ's newest flagship models in bundles to get up quickly with practical variety.

Now, I'm not going to being buying the M8 bundle or M8, at least for a while, but 1st off I notice his face is like V8's much more naturally expressive looking. 2nd thing I notice & am a bit surprise at dispite him being rendered in such bright lights to look so pale he has impressively realistic skin details. 

I don't think he's bland or Ken doll pretty like others think but I'm surprised no one has noticed how much he looks like John Travolta.

Yes, V8 & M8 are pretty & have nice 'perfect' skin but these are base models you can't expect a base model to be purposely covered in blemishes given the near imposibility of removing those blemishes. It is much easier to add blemishes. As base models they need to be made bland, perfect, and easy to customize for individual customers.

What I'm disappointed at was I was expecting the G8M Face Morphs, G8M Body Morphs, & G8M Expressions products to be available the same day as M8.

Well I guess I will see if the G8M Essentials is ready to download...

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742
    jakiblue said:

Y'know, I'm the same way. I'm not feeling the love for the G8 line at all, and don't like using them, except when I have to. And as for previous content....I'm currently going through my "Lost and found" categorization in Smart Content and I have products there that I have completely forgotten about. Including half a dozen or so stonemason products - so I'm installing it all, correcting the metadata so it will actually show in Smart Content, and I've realized...I don't need to buy stuff for a long long time.  

How do you change the metadata to add to smart content? I still haven't figured that out...

it's actually quite easy and doesn't take too long at all....the biggest problem is when it's a HUGE product and all the filenames are the same and don't differentiate between iray or 3delight (if they have them). I can pm you in a bit rather than hijack this thread. :D  

jakiblue said:

How do you change the metadata to add to smart content? I still haven't figured that out...

• Orpheus13Orpheus13 Posts: 274

Well he looks very realistic, I like him (not so much the hair on Quinton though lol).

But does that mean we'll get an update of the main app with Base Gen8 Male ?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Right. What happened to the basic Head and Body morphs and the basic expression package? We need these for the G8M base, regardless of whether we opt for M8. C'mon, people. The basic tools should be available when the base is.

And any idea how long the promo will go on, or if more promos may come out on him in September ?

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,709

I like him. In fact, he is the type of guy (Gabriel Aubry) I was going to suggest as the model for Genesis 8 Male. I love his eyebrows because they have never been plucked---ever. The hair that is not in the Pro Bundle looks like OOT (thinness of hair strands) on the top. Maybe it will be released tomorrow. We get 12 items in the Pro Bundle (up from 11), but I have no use or desire for the Dark Prince or Sci-Fi Settler (or their parts).

And if it was OK to say that Victoria 8 looked masculine, then perhaps I can say that the full body renders of Michael 8 on his promo page (body language and positioning) make him look like he would be more interested in Gianni than Victoria.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Orpheus13 said:

Well he looks very realistic, I like him (not so much the hair on Quinton though lol).

But does that mean we'll get an update of the main app with Base Gen8 Male ?

You can download Genesis 8 Male Starter Essentials right now. 

• jcbunnjcbunn Posts: 270
    edited August 2017

We mean no disrespect to the Daz team that works on the G8 line.

we know (G8M & M8) and (G8F & V8) is ment to look plain as it help to sell add ons.

what for the customers that have already bought Michael 4, 5, 6 and 7 Pro? ( N/M $66.13 went to $52.90)

Post edited by jcbunn on
    JOdel said:

Right. What happened to the basic Head and Body morphs and the basic expression package? We need these for the G8M base, regardless of whether we opt for M8. C'mon, people. The basic tools should be available when the base is.

So I suppose this isn't what you're expecting ?

https://www.daz3d.com/expressive-faces-one-click-morph-expressions-for-michael-8