problem isntalling stuff on windows 8

mini_estrelasmini_estrelas Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello!

I have Daz Studio 3. I change the computer and now I use a windows 8. I am trying to copy all my files to the new computer but after awlie it says:

"there is not enough space on content. you need an additional 1.16 gb to copy these files"

what can I do?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

How big is/are your hard drive(s)?

• mini_estrelasmini_estrelas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

How big is/are your hard drive(s)?

My hard drives are as follow:

2 TB, 8 GB RAM

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited March 2013

I think the question was how big is your NEW hard drive compared to the old one? If you have more stored on your original drives than you have capacity in the new drive, you won't be able to copy everything across. Don't forget that Windows 8 requires a good 20 GB of hard drive space for its own system files.

It would probably help if you opened up Explorer and took a snapshot of the drive you're copying FROM and the drive you're copying TO. You can do this either by using Print Screen and pasting the results into Paint, or by using the Snipping Tool (Found under Windows Accessories).

Also take into consideration that after everything is installed, you still want to retain at least 20Gb of EMPTY drive space. Windows needs breathing room, so you should avoid filling the drive to capacity.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on