Will there be auto fit for Genesis 8?

Hey,

I was wondering since Genesis 8 is getting a little popular now, will there be a way to fit victoria 4 clothes, shoes on Genesis 8? Cuz I really want to play around with her with some of clothes I got that only for V4 like the wonder woman costumes and female thor.

Comments

• Well, you already can by AutoFitting to an earlier figure (Genesis comes with a Victoria 4 clone) and then AutoFitting that to Genesis 8 Female.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited August 2017

Pretty sure SickleYeild will release a Wear Them All for V4/M4 and Gen 3 soon enough. Most of the backwards compatibility stuff will probably happen after G8M launches.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,222
    edited August 2017

The "Wear Them All" product line is from Valzheimer, not SickleYield.

Post edited by barbult on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

SickleYield made the expanded templates making Wear Them All even more useful.

• valzheimervalzheimer Posts: 519

Hi guys, yes, I'm the name behind the "Wear Them All" line as far as the product name goes, so far still only available for Genesis 3 Females and Males. I've been working towards the acceptable solution to iron up the distortions caused by autofit in Genesis 8 when using older generations clothes which caused the delay in the WTA continuation onto Genesis 8.

For now I can suggest using Genesis 3 as the bridge with existing "Wear Them All" products and Generation 4 and Generation 3 clothes - Fit clothes to Genesis 3 using the existing clone, unfit from Genesis 3 and Fit to Genesis 8 using Genesis 3 existing clone.

I hope to have more information soon about continuation of the line one generation forward :) But yes it has been worked on from my end, and I would love to continue the work I started with Genesis 3.

V.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Are you also doing the reverse and allowing Generation 3 and earlier to wear the new Gen 8 clothes?

avxp said:

Are you also doing the reverse and allowing Generation 3 and earlier to wear the new Gen 8 clothes?

Short answer - yes.

• Hi guys, yes, I'm the name behind the "Wear Them All" line as far as the product name goes, so far still only available for Genesis 3 Females and Males. I've been working towards the acceptable solution to iron up the distortions caused by autofit in Genesis 8 when using older generations clothes which caused the delay in the WTA continuation onto Genesis 8.

For now I can suggest using Genesis 3 as the bridge with existing "Wear Them All" products and Generation 4 and Generation 3 clothes - Fit clothes to Genesis 3 using the existing clone, unfit from Genesis 3 and Fit to Genesis 8 using Genesis 3 existing clone.

I hope to have more information soon about continuation of the line one generation forward :) But yes it has been worked on from my end, and I would love to continue the work I started with Genesis 3.

V.

Alright cool will do.

• Hey valzheimer :)

Any word on this excellent project to make Genesis 8 clothes on Genesis 3?  I can't wait to give you my money.

• I'm interested too, when does it come out? With this and Fit Control G8F will almost be as useful as G3F.

• SwanSwan Posts: 134

DAZ's autofit for Gen 8 sucks. Here's hoping Wear Them All for Gen 8 comes out SOON.

• DAZ's autofit for Gen 8 sucks. Here's hoping Wear Them All for Gen 8 comes out SOON.

Which version of DS are you uisng? Help>About Daz Studio.

• SwanSwan Posts: 134
    edited March 2018

DAZ's autofit for Gen 8 sucks. Here's hoping Wear Them All for Gen 8 comes out SOON.

Which version of DS are you uisng? Help>About Daz Studio.

Genesis 2 and 3 clothing come out distorted too much of the time and there is no Generation 4 support at all. Frankly, I'm more than just a tad disappointed, and don't wish to go through hacks or additional steps to make products I've purchased compatible with the latest version of Genesis. Such onus should not be on any customer.

I've found the utility DAZ offers to be sub-par, which is irritating enough, but since posting "Here's hoping Wear Them All for Gen 8 comes out SOON.", I learned from Valzheimer there will not be a Wear Them All for Genesis 8 for fear that it would undermine DAZ. I don't know what kind of culture Valzheimer has to deal with, but there's something wrong anytime the needs of customers are prioritized lower than the worry over upsetting the apple cart.

In the end, however, things are not as bad as they could be since I no longer rely on DAZ all that much for art. As of late, DAZ has been relegated to providing mere examples for commissioned artists of other means (software and by hand). The product will be further demoted once I have my ZBrush skills where I need them unless something changes in regards to backwards compatibility and content (which admittedly seems to be less geared towards horny teenagers than it once was).

(Should be noted that as a software engineer of over fifteen years, I have an extremely low tolerance for bugs in production applications and even less tolerance for a loss of features in successive releases regardless wether those releases are software or product based.)

Post edited by Swan on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

I tend to have deformation in sutofit to genesis 8 as well. Oddly genesis 3 outfits are the worst and clothing made in marvelous designer seem to be the most challenging. If I’d know I couldn’t use those outfits so well in gen 8 I would not have invested in them.. they were expensive. Sickleyields tutorial helps some but we were told this generation would be very compatible and sadly I’ve not found this to be true

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,602

I find the the autofit for G8 works fine, especially from G2. Then again, I don't use it on fancy, detailed dresses and such. I am also a modeler, so the fact the all these polygons react together as they do in DS is kind of amazing in itself, LOL

I still remember pre genesis/DS days when you have to use morphing clothes and crossdresser to transfer each and every morph to each peice of clothing and then save it. What a pain, glad things are so much easier now.

edited March 2018

I've found the utility DAZ offers to be sub-par, which is irritating enough, but since posting "Here's hoping Wear Them All for Gen 8 comes out SOON.", I learned from Valzheimer there will not be a Wear Them All for Genesis 8 for fear that it would undermine DAZ. I don't know what kind of culture Valzheimer has to deal with, but there's something wrong anytime the needs of customers are prioritized lower than the worry over upsetting the apple cart.

I'm sorry those were not near my exact words and I would ask you to not take out of context what I have said. Again I am very sorry to hear your disappointment, but as I have stated, there is no need making a product over the existing product with the functionality my Wear Them All sets offered for Genesis 3. I have stated that jumping onto making a product that practically exists created by Daz 3D team and another vendor would be counter productive and unethical from my end, and I confirm, there will be no Wear Them All for Genesis 8. Not out of fear but out of lack of need for it, as functionality WTA provided on previous generation has been taken by products already made and available here in the store.

I am so very sorry if you took our communication through my Facebook page any other way, and I do hope that you will find what works for you best.

V.

Post edited by valzheimer on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

I tend to have deformation in sutofit to genesis 8 as well. Oddly genesis 3 outfits are the worst and clothing made in marvelous designer seem to be the most challenging. If I’d know I couldn’t use those outfits so well in gen 8 I would not have invested in them.. they were expensive. Sickleyields tutorial helps some but we were told this generation would be very compatible and sadly I’ve not found this to be true

I don't think that the fit for G3 clothing on G8 figures is worse than the fit of that same clothing on G3; it's mostly the same and unfortunately that means some fits of G3 on G3 aren't that great.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

I find the the autofit for G8 works fine, especially from G2. Then again, I don't use it on fancy, detailed dresses and such. I am also a modeler, so the fact the all these polygons react together as they do in DS is kind of amazing in itself, LOL

I still remember pre genesis/DS days when you have to use morphing clothes and crossdresser to transfer each and every morph to each peice of clothing and then save it. What a pain, glad things are so much easier now.

Oddly enough, I've also found that G2 clothing fits better to G8 than G3 clothing does, which I find very confusing. LOL

Laurie