I'm living in the wrong place in the universe

davesodaveso Posts: 6,440

I've been noticing that when I am out on the street, none of the women fighting the barbarian hordes are wearing bear midrift clothing. 
Also, when we were fighting the apocalyptic roving bandits over by the mall the other day, none of the women had cleavage exposing bare midrift clothing on. 
Maybe that's why we come to DAZ3D?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

You must be. I saw several females with bare midriffs today at work and at the supermarket. Granted they had no armour or gauntlets on unfortunately. 

In real life, it's boring and predictable. I used to work at a Renaissance fair when I was younger and saw all sorts of fantasy outfits on other people, from full suits of armour to a few bits of chainmail that covered nothing. made me long for the weekends when I got back to normal life on Monday. I actually go to movies and video games for my exposed barbarian fixes more than DAZ, LOL.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

I'm looking for the real-world house with a chimney on the roof just ahead of the front door. It must be such a welcoming feeling to come home and step straight into the fireplace!

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325
    edited August 2017

Well, I was going to include today's fun bedroom complete with open bog.

But, needless to say...

I suppose it helps climb up into the loft hatch.

toilet-in-middle-of-bedroom.jpg
    620 x 413 - 22K
    Post edited by Peter Fulford on
  • James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

I stayed in an up-market cottage with a bath in the middle of one bedroom; the loo was separated from the bed, but only just (it did come to mind when I saw the new bedroom!). (And the kitchen required a PhD in modern design to understand how the cooker and microwave worked. Inevitable result: we drank.)

• Truthfully, that "bedroom" reminds me of the house my mom and stepdad lived in for a while when they first got married. Only real difference is that the loo was in a separate small room.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,440

hmm .. i could use one of those in my bedroom ..would save walking in the dark..into doors, into walls and all that. 

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

When we were really small, we lived in a house which had previously been flats. The top two floors were still tenanted (typically, my parents reduced the rent for the tenants the minute we moved in), but we had the bottom two floors to ourselves. Which is why my bedroom had a kitchen sink in it :)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

yeah toilet spray on the furniture when you flush. Erk

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,822
    daveso said:

I've been noticing that when I am out on the street, none of the women fighting the barbarian hordes are wearing bear midrift clothing. 
    Also, when we were fighting the apocalyptic roving bandits over by the mall the other day, none of the women had cleavage exposing bare midrift clothing on. 

I wish I could unsee some I see battling the hordes by the dairy produce section with their muffin tops and and pendulous boobage!!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

yeah toilet spray on the furniture when you flush. Erk

ewww

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

OMG .. ha ha ha so true

th3Digit said:
    daveso said:

I wish I could unsee some I see battling the hordes by the dairy produce section with their muffin tops and and pendulous boobage!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081
    edited August 2017

The young folks do where skimpwear to attract each other from time to time.  Unfortunately, I am not the target audience anymore.

RE: toilet and shower in the bedroom - Housing costs have been rising near me, and younger people like living near trendy clubs that are starting to open.  Redevelopers are now building "micro-units" targeted at people in their twenties who want to live downtown.  Here is an excerpt from one article on the development trend.  Some are as small as 250 square feet. - because those old 450-550 square foot efficiencies were too big.

Apartment living in the District is getting smaller as local developers create micro-units in some of the city’s most desirable locations. These tiny dwellings have arrived on 14th Street NW and are planned for the Southwest Waterfront, Dupont Circle, Georgetown and even Crystal City to attract millennials with less expensive rents and trendy designs.

The “micro” studio and one-bedroom apartments, ranging from 250 to 400 square feet in size, are smaller than most conventional efficiency units of 450 to 550 square feet.

“The typical market for these units tends to be young hipsters under the age of 30 and mostly under 27,” says Charles Hewlett of Bethesda-based Robert Charles Lesser & Co., a real estate adviser studying micro-units nationally. “This is their first apartment, and they haven’t accumulated a lot of stuff yet.”

One such renter is Leah Wald, 24, a financial analyst who lives in a 400-square-foot apartment to be near the restaurants and shops of 14th Street. “It’s the smallest apartment I’ve ever lived in,” says Williams of her home in the Harper, a new 144-unit building on the revitalized strip. She pays $2,500 a month for the one-bedroom apartment and a parking space.

...and here is a luxurious unit - 105 6th street SE even has a pot rack!

ff01 condo efficiency.JPG
    509 x 719 - 75K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    Diomede said:

The young folks do where skimpwear to attract each other from time to time.  Unfortunately, I am not the target audience anymore.

RE: toilet and shower in the bedroom - Housing costs have been rising near me, and younger people like living near trendy clubs that are starting to open.  Redevelopers are now building "micro-units" targeted at people in their twenties who want to live downtown.  Here is an excerpt from one article on the development trend.  Some are as small as 250 square feet. - because those old 450-550 square foot efficiencies were too big.

Apartment living in the District is getting smaller as local developers create micro-units in some of the city’s most desirable locations. These tiny dwellings have arrived on 14th Street NW and are planned for the Southwest Waterfront, Dupont Circle, Georgetown and even Crystal City to attract millennials with less expensive rents and trendy designs.

The “micro” studio and one-bedroom apartments, ranging from 250 to 400 square feet in size, are smaller than most conventional efficiency units of 450 to 550 square feet.

“The typical market for these units tends to be young hipsters under the age of 30 and mostly under 27,” says Charles Hewlett of Bethesda-based Robert Charles Lesser & Co., a real estate adviser studying micro-units nationally. “This is their first apartment, and they haven’t accumulated a lot of stuff yet.”

One such renter is Leah Wald, 24, a financial analyst who lives in a 400-square-foot apartment to be near the restaurants and shops of 14th Street. “It’s the smallest apartment I’ve ever lived in,” says Williams of her home in the Harper, a new 144-unit building on the revitalized strip. She pays $2,500 a month for the one-bedroom apartment and a parking space.

is that pot rack for drying your pot plants? pretty handy that. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    Diomede said:

I think I'm getting too old. 250,000 for a ROOM? o.O 

That's outrageous. I'd live in my shed first...lol (which probably has more square feet, come to think).

Laurie

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited August 2017
    Diomede said:

...crikey, if you didn't mind the harsh winters, humid summers, and living in a depressed economy, you could get a fairly nice house in my old neighbourhood of Milwaukee WI (which is still a pretty nice quiet area) for that and have change in your pocket.  Found one place where I used to deliver papers when I was young:  2 BR 1 Bath English country cottage styled home gas heat, hot water, and cooking, for 89,000$. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • AllenArt said:
    Diomede said:

I think I'm getting too old. 250,000 for a ROOM? o.O 

That's outrageous. I'd live in my shed first...lol (which probably has more square feet, come to think).

Laurie

Honestly, I can't see paying that much for any size home, but folks do.

pretty common the price..but not the size ... Here, In Madison WI ..the ave home value is $231,000 ... and this is considered lower than many areas

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited August 2017
    th3Digit said:
    daveso said:

Only got one word: peopleofwalmart dot com....lol

If you go, keep the brain bleach handy ;)

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    daveso said:

hmm .. i could use one of those in my bedroom ..would save walking in the dark..into doors, into walls and all that. 

One word....bedpan blush

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,262

I still am startled by listings where I work (Mission Bay district, San Francisco) for two bedroom condos for $8000 US per month.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

the picture of the loo in the bedroom made me laugh. We live in a tiny one bedroom house - well, it's really two bedrooms, but the second bedroom has the floorboards rotting and has a massive hole in the middle and as the house needs restumping, the floor is also on a lean so it's just a junk room (we put the junk against the walls around the room....don't trust the floor in the middle). But our bathroom is massively tiny - you can reach out and touch both walls with your hands while standing in the middle. It does have a bath tho, which was my dream - however the bath doesn't get used cos it's actually the wrong way around.. and apparently has been that way for about 30 years. Fortunately, our toilet is in a separate room...the door doesn't close properly but hey, at least you can do your ablutions without someone wanting to get in and shower. And if you sit at the kitchen table and have  a bowl of soup, the soup tends to slop over one side of the bowl...because again, house is on a lean. 

On the bright side, we don't own it, we just rent. laughlaugh