Genesis morphs exported from DS 4.5 as .dsf morph files do not work with Genesis in Poser. (SOLVED)

UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
edited March 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

I hope that someone will be able to help me because I have a problem with morphs created with ZBrush (GOZ) and saved in DS 4.5 (latest version) when they are exported as .dsf morph assets files ro use them in Poser. They work perfectly in DS but once I put them where my other morphs for Genesis for Poser are installed (data/.../morphs...) they appear in the morph list when I load Genesis in Poser but nothing happens when I turn the dial.

I do not know what can cause the morphs to not work in Poser because I have morphs that were made some time ago in ZBrush (via GOZ for DS) and exported as .dsf morph assets files and they work fine in Poser.

It does only happen with personal morphs because the DAZ and other morphs work correctly in DS and in Poser...

I have uninstalled and reinstalled DS 4.5 and the Genesis content for DS and Poser but it is still the same.

Thank you for your help...

Post edited by Unseen on

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I could be wrong and don't even have a newer version of poser to test with.. That said, I suspect the problem is how your saving the file. I am fairly sure it needs to be saved as a .duf file to use via the poser thing. At the top file, then save as. Toward the bottom of that you will see "support asset" and then morph asset. See if saving it that way doesn't work.

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for your suggestion, Khory.

I have tried to save the morph as you explained but it is already what I was doing and the exported file is a .dsf file, not a .duf file.
    I have loaded Genesis in Poser but once I turn the dial nothing happens... I really have no idea of what is happening because it was working fine before.

Since the morphs work correctly in DS I assume that something is happening in Poser Pro 2012...

Thank you very much for your reply, it is very much appreciated... :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

.dsf is the correct format for files in the Data folder - but why are you moving them?

edited December 1969

In fact I do not move the .dsf morph files from the DS folder, I just place a copy of these files in the folder dedicated to content that I use with the DSON Importer plugin for Poser.

I first tried to use the usual DS folder with the DSON Importer plugin when I installed it (as soon as it was released) but there were issues (content not found, morphs not appearing even if installed,..) and the only solution was to set up a second content folder. It is working correctly but the morphs (even a simple face morph affecting the face) seem to produce no effect in Poser even if they work fine in DS. Well the new morphs because the older ones still work correctly... I really do not know why things happen that way because if the morphs work in DS they should also work in Poser. I am completely lost.

Thank you very much for your answer, I really appreciate. :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

Do you still have the original folder mapped in Poser as an external library? If it's seeing two copies of a file that could cause a problem.

edited December 1969

No, the only DS content folder appearing in the Poser runtime list is the second content folder that I have set up for the DSON content. As far as I remember they have never appeared together in the poser Pro 2012 external runtime list. I think that your question is pertinent because it could have been possible that both DSON content folders were linked to Poser Pro 2012 at the same time.

Is it possible that something is corrupt in my Poser installation?

edited December 1969

Problem solved.

I have just removed the DSON content folder that I had created and I have reinstalled everything in the same empty folder. Now everything is working again. Probably some damaged file...