Texture Problems with Product "Plated Wolf"

irws1_c22f9b8d21irws1_c22f9b8d21 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

When i load the product "Plated Wolf" in either Daz 4.5 or Poser, the textures do not load with the obj file. If you try to load them manually, the obj is such you can not apply textures individually. The "hull" may load correctly, but other parts do not. Am i doing
something wrong here, or is a there a possibility that the cr2 is corrupt somehow? A work around or patch would be great.
Thanks.

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

Works fine for me in both DS 4.5 and PP2012.
    Maybe you should reset your download and re-install, and use the regular installer because the DIM is still notoriously buggy

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

irws1 said:

When i load the product "Plated Wolf" in either Daz 4.5 or Poser, the textures do not load with the obj file. If you try to load them manually, the obj is such you can not apply textures individually. The "hull" may load correctly, but other parts do not. Am i doing
    something wrong here, or is a there a possibility that the cr2 is corrupt somehow? A work around or patch would be great.
    Thanks.

I just loaded this in DS4.5, and it works as expected, and loads with the default texture, which is in Runtime:Textures:Petipet:Plated Wolf:PtPw_HullColor.jpg.

The alternative materials are loaded via PZ2 files located in Runtime\Libraries\Pose\Plated Wolf\MAT Models. I donlt see why the model would not load with the textures anyway, but have you tried using these?

By the way, I downloaded and installed this using the DIM, and I don't find it buggy at all.
  • irws1_c22f9b8d21irws1_c22f9b8d21 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the replys and help. I will re-install and give that a try. Must have been something i did. Thanks again!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I have been thinking about this since I replied, and I believe that there was a problem in the first couple of days after the product was released. I didn't download it immediately, and by the time I used DIM to download it, I think it was fixed.

I am sorry, but I had forgotten about that, but something was still running round in my mind. I think there was a thread on it at one time, but it was fixed very soon afterwards I think.

It should be OK now to download with the DIM though.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited March 2013

Yes there was a texture problem ... and when it was first 'fixed', well wasn't over here. Glad to see it's working for some, I'll go and reset my downloads one more time too.

edit; yes! :-)

Post edited by patience55 on
  • irws1_c22f9b8d21irws1_c22f9b8d21 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

We'll, re-setting, re-dwnlding, and re-installing took care of the problem. Everything loads as it should. Maybe there was a problem
    within the first few days. It looks as tho it has been taken care of. Thanks again for your help and assitance.