DAZ Connect - File Does Not Exist

Alright. I've found DAZ Connect to be useful in rapidly downloading my purchases. But I've also run into a problem. More often than not after I download something vis DAZ Connect and then transfer said downloads to the the library proper, I get an error when trying to load said resource later on. The following error message shows up; "Could not open File (insert product here). File does not exist."

Now I've been able to get around this to an extent by dragging said prop/wardrobe/etc into the scene, but that sometimes results in things getting parented when I don't want that to happen and other inconveiences.

So I 'm guessing that I have to do something to get DAZ Studio to look for these resources in "My Library" instead of "My Daz Connect Library." The question is...what the heck do I do?!

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited August 2017

You create "short cuts" to from the Smart Content tab to your My Library.  See the attached picture for a visual.

What's great is that you can reorganize the short cuts using your computer's file system and the metadata doesn't "break".  Also, if you can see Poser format files on the Smart Content tab, you can create short cuts to your My Library too.  You're free to place short cuts anywhere within your My Library, such as placing an environment Add on pose pack into the folder of the environment it is made for.

Also, DAZ Connect updates are automatically reflected when when a product is accessed using a short cut.

Be sure to drag and drop short cuts to a folder within My Library, not the folder's window.

Shortcut Drag and Drop.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 337K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • OrionPax09OrionPax09 Posts: 419

Uh, I just tried that. It didn't work. I dragged the short cuts from Smart Content to where the files were in My Library, and I still got that same error.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Don't move stuff out of the Connect cloud, Connect relies entirely on CMS database to point to the files.  Install with DIM, use Connect only for Connect only products.

Alright, fine. But that doesn't solve my current problem. How do I get DAZ Studio to look for the files I downloaded bs Connect in My Lbrary! There's got to be a way!

• Asset files, in the Data folder, must be found by DS without prompting.

Asset files, in the Data folder, must be found by DS without prompting.

Which means what, exactly?

• Asset files, in the Data folder, must be found by DS without prompting.

Which means what, exactly?

Which means that no, you can't tell DS where theya re after the fact. Textures you will get a chance to locate if DS can't fidn them.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited August 2017

If don't want your files in the Connect cloud folder don't install with Connect, there is no work around.  Installing with DIM you install where ever you want and even have multiple libraries.

Post edited by jestmart on

Then what do I do now? Is there any way to...uninstall Connect files and reinstall through other means?

• Sure, right-click on the product in Smart Content or the Content Library and select Unnstall, then either reinstall or isntall with Install Manager.

Sure, right-click on the product in Smart Content or the Content Library and select Unnstall, then either reinstall or isntall with Install Manager.

Alright. And...just to be clear, if I uninstall the DAZ Connect stuff and reinstall via Install Manager, then I'll be able to access everything via Smart Content and the Content Library? Because the whole reason I started using DAZ Connect in the first place is because I had been manually installing my products, and recently they were all showing up as having not been installed.

• Connect items should be appearing in both - there should be a Daz Connect virtual folder under Daz Studio formats and Poser Formats - but yes, DIM-installed items will appear in both places, or if they don't there's a deep-seated issue.