Trouble with rendering in DS4.5 Pro

jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
edited March 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

Lately, I have been getting these odd, colorful artifacs in my renders. I am using uberlighting 2 and one regular light. What's even stranger is that if I render this again, the artifacs will be different. I can't seem to get a clean render anymore! Has anyone else had this problem? Click on the image and you see them more clearly.

Sample.jpg
1200 x 840 - 1M
Post edited by jaebea on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Those are caused by an Error in the 3Delight render engine. It is a known error. To fix it Change all lights to Ray Traced Shadows. Just one light set to Deep Shadow Maps can cause the errors you are getting.

• edited December 1969

I get this too, it is really annoying. Using ray-traced lights takes 10 times longer than shadow maps but does fix it. Another solution is to render it twice and over lay both images in an image editor then erase parts of the top image that have the artifacts to reveal the one below that doesn't have them.

This error has been around for about a year and still not been fixed :(

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited March 2013

More than a year I think and yes it should be fixed but for correctness sake it is 3Delight, as far as I am aware, that is at fault and not Daz Studio. It has been suggested and seems to work in some cases that moving the camera very slightly when using Deep Shadow Mapped Shadows can help to aviod the artifatcs but since I have never seen this myself I can say for sure if it works,

Post edited by Szark on
  • jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited December 1969

Thanks! That was the problem. I can see I will have to make some lighting adjustments but that's ok!!