problems installing content with Poserpro2012 (problem worked around)

MalandarMalandar Posts: 674
edited March 2013 in The Commons

Finally bought Poser pro2012 the other day because of the sale, So now I am reinstalling all the V4 stuff I didn't have installed because I had been using genesis for so long. But when I try to install V4's elite shapes and the ethnic faces I get an error saying that it needs to be installed in the same directory as the poser executable.... I AM trying to but for some reason it will not recognize it. Id this some glitch that is only with the pro version of Poser? I never had this problem with Poser 7.

Post edited by Malandar on

Comments

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 674
    edited December 1969

Hmmm just answered my own question, it IS the installer, it just does not recognize the Poser Pro installer as a Poser installer, I copied my Poser 9 installer into the same directory and the files installed just fine.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

You shouldn't be installing content to the application folder anyway - certainly not if using Windows 7, 8 or Vista. Just choose DAZ Studio as the target application to avoid the check (it doesn't affect the files installed).

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 674
    edited December 1969

Well since I have V4 installed in the Poser Pro 2012 folder system I have to install her morphs there as well right? I don't even use V4 in DS4.5 just genesis. main reason I am even installing V4 anyway is the weight mapped version of her..........lol this is a new computer and I already have my runtimes all jacked up lol.