Very Short Carrara Animation For A Local Houston Festival

Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

It turns out that having a month or more to do a 3 minute animation is better than having two days (48 Hour Film Project, International and well run). At least for the animator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5P-INAKQOs

The Festival is in Houston the weekend of 31May, with ~25 of the best shorts.

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    It turns out that having a month or more to do a 3 minute animation is better than having two days (48 Hour Film Project, International and well run). At least for the animator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5P-INAKQOs

The Festival is in Houston the weekend of 31May, with ~25 of the best shorts.

cool - love the old games :roll:

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

cool - love the old games :roll:

Thanks, I still play them occasionally as PC emulations.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Great Stuff, Always enjoy your Animations. Loved seeing my old Games in this one.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Great Stuff, Always enjoy your Animations. Loved seeing my old Games in this one.

Thanks. I remember feeling panic set in as "Missile Command" (the first one in the animation) got to higher levels. I'd just start firing randomly as fast as I could hit the buttons. Not a recommended strategy. :ahhh:

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited December 1969

nice work Steve. really enjoyed watching it :)

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    nice work Steve. really enjoyed watching it :)

Thanks, Ivy. I tried a couple of new things in it, using the Carrara Fire primitive for the (animated) rocket exhaust, and using Particle Illusion's "blockers" to get a 3D effect for the FX. Both were easier than I thought.
    :P

• skamotionskamotion Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

Those were some of my favorite games as a kid. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Great short Film - well done!

edited December 1969

skamotion said:
    Those were some of my favorite games as a kid. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Great short Film - well done!

Thanks. I was going to use "Pong" as the granddaddy of them all, but it didn't quite fit. I did get the cabinet in there ...

:cheese: