How do you file format when Using GenX2?

Hello all I'm trying to convert some V4 character morphs to the G2F figure. I've been able to do it succesfully for most morphs, however some won't convert. It's like GenX won't recognize them as morphs. I read somewhere that GenX doesn't convert some morphs with certain endings and that a file format would be needed. How does one do that? Any help appreciated..thanks!

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Some things that appear to be morph dials are actually controller dials that sets several things at once.

• 404nicg404nicg Posts: 270
    fastbike1 said:

I'm on a very strict budget right now lol!

jestmart said:

Some things that appear to be morph dials are actually controller dials that sets several things at once.

I'm having a problem with converting certain INJ files from V4. Some I can get to work perfectly but there are other head INJ's that aren't recognized

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited August 2017

Try exporting the character as a CR2 (File >> Export >> choose CR2 as the file type >> Save)  then use the Load Figure button on GenX2 and navigate to where you saved the CR2 character and load it from there. Then under Select choose "Transfer: On for all Non-Zero Values".

See if that helps. :) 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • ButchButch Posts: 797

Try exporting the character as a CR2 (File >> Export >> choose CR2 as the file type >> Save)  then use the Load Figure button on GenX2 and navigate to where you saved the CR2 character and load it from there. Then under Select choose "Transfer: On for all Non-Zero Values".

See if that helps. :) 

This is how I converted all my characters - genx hated my characters.  But, you'll need to change the mesh resolution to base and scale to 100%, before exporting.  

I used Sickleyields tutorial for my transfers - https://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Transferring-Character-Morphs-G1G2G3G8-409437916 .

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,700

oooooh, thanks for those tips you guys! I wouldn't have thought to export that way as an alternate approach!

--ms