Trying to render as 'Single Image' but keeps rendering frames

So I've been trying to render a few images, using the same settings I've always used. I'm trying to render a Single Image (Current Frame) (Image File) but when I do, it starts rendering 1 out of 66 (I've never left it on to see if it's just stuck or actually rendering 66 images). If I select New Window, it starts optimizing 1 out of 66 images. I don't understand the problem - any advice?

It's really annoying, as I can't render this current project!

Post edited by aubbington_f16ad7c5c0 on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

That sounds like tdlmake running, and optimising images, it has nothing at all to do with rendering an animation.

Tdlmake is a program that the 3Delight render engine calls before rendering an image, and it creates a lot of images of various sizes in a temp folder for it's own use.

There is nothing wrong, that is how it always works, just leave it to optimise the images, then it will start rendering (a single frame if that is what you have asked for)

• edited December 1969

Weird! Some of my files don't render a bunch of images, and some do. I guess I'll leave it going for a while and see what happens! Thanks for the explanation - I was afraid I had done something really wrong!