I WANT TO use the sketchand the garment in the preset to make animation for the obj file which i im

alixekingalixeking Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

after i import the obj file or dae file to daz ,how can i fix it to use the preset in the daz as the v4? i want make the animation with my importing obj file or 3ds file in the daz,is there a method to do it?can somebody give me a vedio and teach me how to do it? by the way ,when i import the garment obj or 3ds file what can i do to make it as preset ganment file?my msn is [email protected] and emali is [email protected] too.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,909
    edited December 1969

So you have made a set of clothing for a Victoria 4, and you want to make it move with the figure? Or is this clothing someone else has made - in which case the first question is does it fit around the zeroed Victoria 4 when imported?

• alixekingalixeking Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I import the colth which make in md ! and export as a obj file ! when i import it to the daz it is not fit, and lost the color and textrue! how can i deal with it? and i import the modle as obj file to daz ,how can i fix it to match the sketch and make the animation with the sketch in the daz. does it have the tutorials with it?

OBJ_MODLE.jpg
    448 x 511 - 42K
    OBJ_MODLE.jpg
    448 x 511 - 42K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

maybe this will help you -

look at this video DS to marvelous designer2 back to DS -
    http://youtu.be/SabzGVsSRjc

• alixekingalixeking Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

here is the cloth obj

DAZ_and_OPT_CLOTH.jpg
    343 x 443 - 32K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,909
    edited December 1969

I'm not familiar with Marvellous Designer, if it sues procedurals for texturing then you will need to find a way to bake them to images or you will need to create new textures in an image editor (or in the Shader Mixer, butt hat's fairly complex) - there are both free and commercial sets available.

Unfortunately making clothing for Victoria 4 is a bit more complex than making clothing for Genesis as you need to group it to match the groups in V4 - I'm pretty sure MD won't do that for you. It can be done in DAZ Studio, but it's easier in a modelling application - do you have one? The skirt is also going to be a slight problem, though it's short enough that you could probably make it all hip.