crash on starting DAZ Studio

info_ec1c772afdinfo_ec1c772afd Posts: 29
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I just bought some content today - as I nearly did every day in march ... I bought the Genesis Starter Bundle and Abominable. After buying I started the Install Manager. It showed my new bought things and some Updates: Royal Elf, Tori, Bubblegum and so on. I selected everythig to install. During Installation the Install Manger crashed. And it crashes everytime i start it. And so does the DAZ Studio. I reinstalled DAZ Studio and the content - but nothing helped. What can I do now. I really need help with this thing. Can't work anymore ...

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited March 2013

Can you use the DAZ Install Manager (DIM) at the moment? If not, what happens when you start it and login?

What is causing DAZ Studio to crash? Have you looked at the Log File, go to Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File (please do NOT post the entire log file here, just look for any thing that may have caused the crash towards the end of your las seeeion)

We really need a lot more information to help you. What OS are you using? Did you install to the default location using the DIM, if so, did you enter this as a path in the Content Direcory Manager inside DAZ Studio?

The DIM installs to a different place than the old installers did, were you aware of that?

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • info_ec1c772afdinfo_ec1c772afd Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

Ok - I managed to fix the crash. I used the the link "RestoreDefaults" which is placed inside the DAZStudio program dir. Why isn't there a link for this inside the start menu? After I called this link, the InstallManager and DAZStudio are working again. I think this useful link should be placed more prominent. Anyway - now it works again!