How to Package Freebie Clothing? [Solved]

2»

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Mythic3D said:

There is actually an easier way than digging through the normal DAZ installation to find everything. Create another folder where you save the content as it's created and zip up the folders inside for each item you make.

I agree - that's the best way to do it - create a separate set of folders for each project, but it takes a little bit longer to explain that method since you have to also add that folder in DS so you can see it and save to it. I've got a blank template with all the folders in it that I use as a basis on each new project that I intend to distribute. Doing it that way also helps make sure you have all the files you need and that you don't include anything from some other item by mistake.

I use Mythic3D's suggested folder structure (well, a version of it).  Works great.  I have a separate folder on my D drive cleverly called 'Daz Project Files.'  I create a new subfolder for each project.  Then for each project subfolder I have a Content subfolder for files to be shared and a Working Files subfolder for everything else.

Thank you Mythic3D for the folder tips.

And thank you Diva for the freebie.

• It's a double mesh. Morphs are a lot easier to make with single meshes. To give some depth to the clothing some curl abit of mesh over the edge. That too can cause issues though as the figure is posed.

However a little post work never hurt anybody, it's a lovely set.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

hahah Thanks guys - that is an old freebie I did years ago before I became a PA. It has issues but I'm glad some are still finding it useful. :)

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960

Looks really cute but U can't download either with Chrome or Edge

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

ALLIEKATBLUE said:

I uploaded it as a freebie to Renderosity a few years ago - you should be able to download it there: https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/freestuff/?item_id=77666

Be warned, it was made before I became a PA and it was my first attempt at clothing so it's far from perfect. There are a lot of things I'd do differently if I were to do more clothing again in the future as I've learned a lot since then.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,016
    edited January 2021

ALLIEKATBLUE said:

On the DA stash page, do not click on the upper right button that says Download. Rather click on the big center button - that works :-)

Click on this button.png
    500 x 200 - 4K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on