Flying Fabric - Artistic Flowing Cloth Pieces (commercial)

PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
edited August 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hey guys,

Here is another product coming down the pipeline soon. Let me know what you think.

Also, if you wouldn't mind helping me decide which promo to use for my main promo. I can't make up my mind between the first or second image. 

As always, your tips and advise on presentation are appreciated.

Thanks, yes

-P

DESCRIPTION:

Who would have ever thought that a simple piece of fabric could add so much dynamism and movement to a scene?

Lush and sultry, yet epic and grand.  The Flying Fabric Collection includes 40 organic free-flowing cloth pieces for use as set pieces in your scenes. These props can be used for a wide array of applications, including; capes, sheets, dress and gown extensions, scarves, shawls, and much more. Simply load a prop into your scene and position/rotate it as desired. Load as many cloth pieces as you like, and combine them to form unique shapes.

But this is more than just a collection of props. Also included is the same light set used in making the promo images (included as sample scenes), so you won’t have to fiddle for hours to get the right lighting. Use these lights as you please, either with these props or in any other project you wish. 

01-MAIN5e.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 373K
01-MAIN6b.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 257K
02-Cloth37.jpg
2000 x 1000 - 370K
03-Cloth3-before-after.jpg
2000 x 1212 - 330K
04-Cloth1.jpg
1000 x 800 - 161K
05-Cloth2.jpg
1000 x 800 - 128K
06-Cloth9.jpg
1000 x 1000 - 147K
07-Cloth16.jpg
1000 x 791 - 147K
08-Cloth29b.jpg
1600 x 800 - 597K
09-Combinations5.jpg
2000 x 1080 - 263K
10-Cloth6d.jpg
1000 x 1000 - 150K
11-Cloth3.jpg
1000 x 800 - 159K
12-Cloth4.jpg
1000 x 800 - 179K
13-Cloth31b.jpg
1000 x 1000 - 199K
14-Cloth8.jpg
1000 x 800 - 166K
15-All-Pieces.jpg
2660 x 1636 - 686K
16-Flying-Fabric-Daz3D-2.jpg
2000 x 1230 - 415K
17-Flying-Fabric-Daz3D.jpg
2000 x 1615 - 578K
18-Flying-Fabric-Daz3D.jpg
2000 x 1231 - 714K
19-Flying-Fabric-Daz3D.jpg
1500 x 1000 - 237K
Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on

Comments

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

For just a general "I'd save that as a wallpaper pic" I like the first one better.  However, I think the second one works better as a Promo, the contrast and movement in the cloth is better.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow, this looks amazing!  And I agree with dragotx, I really love the first one but for the main promo I would go with the second one.

• Hmmmm, thanks for the input guys. I was originally leaning toward the first render, since it is prettier. But I see your point about the second one too, being more defined and clear as to what the product is. Hmmmm...

-P

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311

Heretics corner: I prefer the first although they all look really spectacular.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Ahh tough choice. I love them both, but yeah for Promo I think the second would be better.

Looks like an amazing product :) 

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited August 2017

01Main5E for the main promo, definitely. It's a "Wow, that's spectacular" image. I would put 02-Cloth37 right after it becuase it ties to the main and really shows the difference the cloth makes.

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited August 2017

2 votes for first.

3 votes for second.

Now I'm on the fence again, lol.

I think what I might do is submit both to Daz with a note to let them decide which to use. I'm so indecisive. 

-P

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

For what it's worth, I prefer the first one as well :)

edited August 2017

I suppose the question is, if you see it as a tiny thumbnail (not full size), which one grabs your eye and makes you want to click on it to find out more?

-P

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,148

Definitely #2 (the dancing lady) - I think #1 is really nice when enlarged but less clear when a thumbnail.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

I like both. What attracts the eye to #2 is the deeper red color, but the cloth doesn't give the dynamic sense of "flying" that #1 does. So I prefer #1.

• michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219

Fantastic product, #2 for the thumbnail and #1 as the promo (:

• I'll be buying this at some point! Ha!

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Any morphs with these or are these static props that load "as is"?

And the color is based on my shader?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Probably too late, but the first one would work better as a promo if the cloth was a different color. Blue or green, less gauzy, something that contrasted more sharply with both the figure and the background. (Actually, that UV Map image would be perfect, if it were an actual shader with texture.)

I like the sense of motion better in the first one -- it's the sort of thing that would make me wonder what it was and to click through to see it. The benefit of the second one really comes down to the sharper contrast that lets you see what everything is.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    vwrangler said:

I like the sense of motion better in the first one -- it's the sort of thing that would make me wonder what it was and to click through to see it. The benefit of the second one really comes down to the sharper contrast that lets you see what everything is.

RGcincy said:

I like both. What attracts the eye to #2 is the deeper red color, but the cloth doesn't give the dynamic sense of "flying" that #1 does. So I prefer #1.

As a test, I simply adjusted the light balance on the first image to give it a deeper red color and more contrast (hope you don't mind -P). Now it stands out more to me.

test.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • I am SO buying this!  I like the composition of option 1 better than option 2, but my color-blind eyes have trouble distinguishing what the first one really is when it is thumb-nail size.

edited August 2017

Wow thanks guys. I appreciate your help in this. Since the votes were split, I ended up submitting both to Daz to let them decide.

@RGcincy I like the contrast in your image; that would definitely make a better thumbnail. Thanks. yes
    @avxp There are no morphs with these props. They are just static props. All the shaders I made. The red velvet is based off of a similar shader I had in my library, but is slightly different. 

We'll see what the team comes back with, yes

-P

• Romulus71Romulus71 Posts: 141

Beautiful! Looking forward to this

I, for one, can't wait.

I don't do the traditional superhero thing to the ninth, but I'm jealous of anyone that uses that as a cape for a character.

I'll be using for fashion, special effects, backdrops, space effects, dream sequences, album covers.....my goodness, the number of uses are too high to recount here.

The last time I saw something like this, it was a shiny sheet and was for men. Looked a little...different....

I wanted that one too.....

This is awesome.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@avxp  "The last time I saw something like this, it was a shiny sheet and was for men. Looked a little...different...."

There are equivalent Shiny Sheetz packages for females.

This concept seemed really familiar but I was unsure. I did look in the store and nothing came up.

I thought maybe I saw one of those early threads or coming soon- feeler threads about this product and got confused.

That new see-thru elevator got me too. I swore it was an old item.

BUT! It was just talked about a long time ago.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Looks great, and agree on others who have said the second.

BWAHAHAHHAHA

I own that- THAT'S WHY IT DIDN'T SHOW UP in my search of the Vendor Jepe.

That's utterly terrible. My library is out if control. I'm a clown.

ANd yes, I will still be getting this one too. lol

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Sold! I own most of the Shiny Sheetz and bedding, but you can never have enough gorgeous, flowy fabric! Ever! And these are "knock-it-out-of-the-park" gorgeous.

I also vote for #1 as the main promo. Fantastic! yes

edited August 2017
    Llynara said:

Sold! I own most of the Shiny Sheetz and bedding, but you can never have enough gorgeous, flowy fabric! Ever!

That's good to hear. I was a little worried of stepping on Jepe's toes---since fabric is his thing---but I am hoping my product is different enough from his (we also have very different styles), that we will be hitting a slightly different customer base.

-P

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I've got a ton of ideas on what to do with this already. Can't wait! 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Llynara said:

Sold! I own most of the Shiny Sheetz and bedding, but you can never have enough gorgeous, flowy fabric! Ever!

That's good to hear. I was a little worried of stepping on Jepe's toes---since fabric is his thing---but I am hoping my product is different enough from his (we have very different styles), that we will be hitting a slightly different customer base.

-P

I think a lot of us will purchase this even if we own Jepe's stuff.  I own most of Jepe's stuff, and I own most of yours lol.  I am going to be buying from both of you I'm sure for a long time to come.  You both have a very distinctive style that doesn't clash, making both of your products very useful, just in different ways.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Has a real "Singin' In The Rain"/Cyd Charisse segment feel to it in the first one ;).

Laurie