Is this all I need to start with Genesis???

Castle_CatCastle_Cat Posts: 0
edited March 2013 in New Users

I've got DAZ Studio 4.5 as well as DAZ Studio 4.5 PRO (I wasn't sure of the difference and they were both free so I "bought" both) and I'd like to use characters like the one below. I am confused by Genesis, I used to work with Poser several editions ago and haven't been back until now and back then it was easy to tell what base character — for example Aiko 3 — and if I went to a character for A3 it told me the "requirements" such as a morph set for A3 and the A3 base and I knew which clothes were meant for A3 instead of Stephanie and there were links to expansion textures for the clothing. Now on the same pages I see "related products" but don't what I need to use this amazing sounding Genesis. I purchased the most recent version of Poser prior to downloading DAZ Studio and don't know the easiest way to get my characters: do I need a base form? for example below it says "for Sadie16" do I need to buy Sadie16 and does it make a difference if I use DAZ Studio 4.5, 4.5 PRO, or Poser 9? will any clothes fit in Genesis? What about the Genesis importer to Poser or whatever it's name is? Which is better DAZ Studio 4.5 or Poser 9 for super easy body+character+clothes+pose+lights=done? And when items say "DAZ Studio" is that the same as DAZ Studio 4.5? I can't find any other on the site

Please help, and treat me like a total beginner but nicely :) The best I knew how to do previously was conform clothing and hair (could not get the hang of anything else), add textures and poses/expressions. Pointing me to tutorials is fine but please help me with the questions above which I hope are clear.

Thank you for any help you can give :)

www.daz3d.com/bella-for-sadie16

Post edited by Castle_Cat on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,508
    edited December 1969

I've got DAZ Studio 4.5 as well as DAZ Studio 4.5 PRO (I wasn't sure of the difference and they were both free so I "bought" both) and I'd like to use characters like the one below. I am confused by Genesis, I used to work with Poser several editions ago and haven't been back until now and back then it was easy to tell what base character — for example Aiko 3 — and if I went to a character for A3 it told me the "requirements" such as a morph set for A3 and the A3 base and I knew which clothes were meant for A3 instead of Stephanie and there were links to expansion textures for the clothing. Now on the same pages I see "related products" but don't what I need to use this amazing sounding Genesis. I purchased the most recent version of Poser prior to downloading DAZ Studio and don't know the easiest way to get my characters: do I need a base form? for example below it says "for Sadie16" do I need to buy Sadie16 and does it make a difference if I use DAZ Studio 4.5, 4.5 PRO, or Poser 9? will any clothes fit in Genesis? What about the Genesis importer to Poser or whatever it's name is?
    ]

Yes, you need Sadie-16 to use it, and then you do need Sadie (http://www.daz3d.com/3d-universe-toon-girl-sadie) to use Sadie-16 as Sadie-16 is an extension to that one. Sadie is not Genesis-based what I can see, but own standalone character.

Please help, and treat me like a total beginner but nicely :) The best I knew how to do previously was conform clothing and hair (could not get the hang of anything else), add textures and poses/expressions. Pointing me to tutorials is fine but please help me with the questions above which I hope are clear.
    Thank you for any help you can give :)

www.daz3d.com/bella-for-sadie16

Poser or DS for this figure is all about our preferences, use what you are most comfortable to work in.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There is a Sadie figure for Genesis, but I am not at all sure whether the old Sadie stuff will work with it. Sadie 16 was a morph set for the original standalone Sadie.

Steve from 3DU is quite active on the forums, so you could try dropping him a PM, to see how much of the original Sadie stuff will work with the Genesisis version http://www.daz3d.com/forums/member/12093

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

I think Sadie for Genesis includes an AutoFit clone, so clothes should be transferable. Morphs, however, would be another matter unless there's support in genX - which doesn't sound familiar.

• edited December 1969

I heard that Sickle Yield's new rigging and autofit system will transfer the clones over. You may want to read the thread on that to confirm.

• edited December 1969

Also, this thread may help answer your other questions about what you need to start off.