Help! I think I may have corrupted my Daz Studio File

I had started a render in 3Delight, and then while it was still optimizing, I closed the render box (not the render window).  When I tried to render again, D/S told me the renderer was in use.  So I exited and reopened D/S and tried to open the file and received this error:

"An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details."

I even tried rebooting my PC and still received the error.  Here's what the Log File said:

2017-08-07 18:15:21.240  Json Parser (2252450,49): Unexpected end of file in string.
   2017-08-07 18:15:21.267 Error reading file, see log for more details. 

Is there any hope of repairing my scene file?  I just created it last night and have no other copy of it.

Comments

• It sounds as if the compression may have gone awry - you can try expanding the file (using the Batch Convert pane in DS, or right-click and extract with soemthing like 7Zip). I suspect you will find that part way through you stop getting code and start getting random-looking characters. This does happen, rarely fortunately, and I'm not aware of a way to repair the damaged files. If that does seem to eb the issue I would suggest attaching the bad file and your logs to a support ticket in the hope that the cause can be tracked down and fixed (assuming it's a DS issue and not an OS issue).

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited August 2017

Thanks Richard. 

Unfortunately, expanding the file didn't work with either Batch Convert or 7Zip.

Here's what the Log File said:

2017-08-08 19:43:21.232 Compiled C:/Users/Janice/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/shaders/brickyard/{067ef1f1-8ca5-4c01-a38b-4bec6dce33d9}/shader_Surface.sdl...
    2017-08-08 19:45:16.805 Error converting the following files:
    G:/DAZ3D/Studio/My Library/Scenes/Test/Lighting Tests/G8 Lighting Test.duf

Corrupt File 01.jpg
    506 x 559 - 59K
    Corrupt File 02.jpg
    566 x 364 - 62K
    Post edited by dracorn on
  • Sorry, I think the file is bad - though it may not be quite the same issue as in the past I have been able to partially extract. All I can suggest is, as above, sending it in so the developers can perhaps figure the issue out (or perhaps provide an option to save uncompressed).