Comments

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

That's no moon.....It's a SPACE STATION!"

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:
    looking at deck 2 in the images you can see a scarred 1701, you might have some UV errors, I would try viewing the image with the unwrapped uv's overlayed...

HUH?? You lost me with " viewing the image with the unwrapped UVs overlayed..."

Load the templates instead of the textures to see if they are loading right.

There are no textures for the decks. As I said before, the scale is such, that by the time an image is fitted to my page, any detailed textures would be too small to make out clearly. The decks are just a light grey color. The only thing that would be visable is the shape of the decks.

Yes however i think what andrewbrian is alluding to is that the mesh may need an overhaul. If you import a "copy" of the ship into Hexagon ... and select in, in the 2nd pane would show the uvmap. it should all be on the "Checker T". If it's a total "all over the place mess", you could try putting a new uvmap on it [select plane or cube pieces and don't worry about overlap right now]..Validate the uvmap and export the mesh out under another name. Import it back into your program and see if it looks better.

I'll apologize now Andrew if I've misunderstood your comment.

• CricketCricket Posts: 434
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:
    looking at deck 2 in the images you can see a scarred 1701, you might have some UV errors, I would try viewing the image with the unwrapped uv's overlayed...

There are no textures for the decks. As I said before, the scale is such, that by the time an image is fitted to my page, any detailed textures would be too small to make out clearly. The decks are just a light grey color. The only thing that would be visable is the shape of the decks.

Stupid question, but is the Space Station set casting a shadow on the decks? I had that problem before, not realizing the light was behind a prop.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

I got my computer able to handle Daz3, now, and going to be spending some time practicing before I can get my comic going.
    Here's a quick practice render I made tonight. By the way, I loaded up the Constellation Class and the Vanguard Class ships, and both gave me error messages when I attempted to render them. o_O

Teaser.jpg
    1262 x 870 - 387K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

I loaded up the Constellation Class and the Vanguard Class ships, and both gave me error messages when I attempted to render them. o_O

What program?

What was the error?

If DAZ Studio, What does the Log file say?

• AndypAndyp Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

Yes however i think what andrewbrian is alluding to is that the mesh may need an overhaul. If you import a "copy" of the ship into Hexagon ... and select in, in the 2nd pane would show the uvmap. it should all be on the "Checker T". If it's a total "all over the place mess", you could try putting a new uvmap on it [select plane or cube pieces and don't worry about overlap right now]..Validate the uvmap and export the mesh out under another name. Import it back into your program and see if it looks better.

nope got it about right. other thought is in the diffuse settings, if you have the color wrong it will do that, if you have the intensity of the diffuse color set too low it would look black as well

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

I don't have Hexagon- and the mesh worked fine in the earlier verison of the scene file.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

nope got it about right. other thought is in the diffuse settings, if you have the color wrong it will do that, if you have the intensity of the diffuse color set too low it would look black as well

Diffuse color is white- intensity is 1.0.

edited December 1969

I got my computer able to handle Daz3, now, and going to be spending some time practicing before I can get my comic going.
    Here's a quick practice render I made tonight. By the way, I loaded up the Constellation Class and the Vanguard Class ships, and both gave me error messages when I attempted to render them. o_O

Nice to see the corridor kit getting a work out. :-)

edited December 1969

Isosceles said:
    mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

Stupid question, but is the Space Station set casting a shadow on the decks? I had that problem before, not realizing the light was behind a prop.

No. The dock has the shadows turned off. If they were on, alot more than the decks would be affected.

• blutobluto Posts: 827
    edited September 2012

hurmph!!!! i really thought that you guys would recognise the klingon transporter room from undiscovered country!
    granted it still needs a bit of work ,

3101050723_25ae1bed6e.jpg
    500 x 470 - 146K
    Post edited by bluto on
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Isosceles said:
    mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

No. The dock has the shadows turned off. If they were on, alot more than the decks would be affected.

And you're sure "point lights" were placed inside the decks ... so ... hmmm

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/hexagon-2-5-download-version recommended to 'buy' it now while it's free ;-)

For those on W7, might want to install it outside of the standard program folders. It's a 32 bit program and LAA may help some IF the computer is 64 bit and has at least 2 G of memory available.

http://www.daz3d.com/products/bryce/bryce-what-is-bryce Another recommended 'buy' while it's free. Fantastic program for making scenes with, including space scenes.

We know it worked 'before'. Things can happen to even to models. The text on the ship is what has people thinking you have textures applied. [there is a set of 3d text available, link somewhere back in the thread]

It can happen that models "blow apart" or turn inside out [which would make black faces]. In which case, they have to either be welded back together and/or have the faces flipped and possibly have a new uvmap created [so any form of texture on any channel with hold] and/or start with a fresh ship ... tell everybody it was miraculously fixed at the whatjamacall it shipyards ... and "look what they did my ship" ... paint it purple or something ... well, a nice light sheen of it ... fancy new metal of some type. When tossed a lemon, make lemonade.
    Or have one of the "scanning beams" rake over the establishment which just happens to fix the ship.

Or possibly see what it looks like in D/S [3 or 4] ... it tends to be a little more forgiving when it comes to meshes.

I'd like to say "throw it my way" and I'll see what I can do with it ... but I'm not an expert and may not be able to fix it either. PM if interested.

edited December 1969

For back to the past ... or steampunk or ??? This week's freebie: ancient bicycle!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/old-fashioned-bicycles

edited September 2012

Patience55-
    The ship was built by someone else. I created the transparency maps that opened the hull and then I made the damaged decks to fit inside.I'll just go with photoshoping the decks. Mid-way through this story I change models anyway.

To this one:

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5e5jx3

Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited September 2012

Okay :-) As long as the story continues, yes ;-)

@ all BIG RED ALERT, HEADS UP, WHATEVER ..... EVERYBODY ANYBODY who has OR wants ANYTHING that is over at sharecg.com

GET IT NOW ... and PRETTY please, upload your creations to ... hmmm ... hay where is a good place?

Mediafire is free and does not require the downloader to sign in; if accounts are unattended for 3 months or something they may vanish.

It being that fanart must to be free ... and it being that sharecg.com will be undergoing some massive changes and no longer a free site as per:
    http://www10.sharecg.com/blogs/david-heller/2012/09/23/an-open-letter-from-the-founder-of-sharecg/

I've moved my latest release of the Insignia badges to here: http://www.mediafire.com/?cvrwjliehapi7cr

Post edited by patience55 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It is not a definite yet, He states that they are considering it. And you do have the option of commenting and telling David Heller just how you feel about the move.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    It is not a definite yet, He states that they are considering it. And you do have the option of commenting and telling David Heller just how you feel about the move.

"something" is a definite though ;-) So before a worse case scenario might be a good idea to download whatever one might have been putting off to download 'later'. Several vendors have already pulled their goods. They might reappear in the new store if/when it happens, then again.

And for that short haircut maybe ... this is on sale atm, it's short, has several fits: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/goya-hairstyle
    Promos show an interesting 2 tone effect.

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,040
    edited December 1969

Has anyone done a morph for Dr. McCoy, the Karl Urban version? I know I've seen morphs for the new Kirk, Spock and Uhura. I just wondered if there was one for the dear doctor as well. Thanks!

David

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

if somkeone has 3D Studio Max would they mind trying converting a tos shutlle bay located at scifi meshes owner has given permisiion for someone to try

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=80

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    if somkeone has 3D Studio Max would they mind trying converting a tos shutlle bay located at scifi meshes owner has given permisiion for someone to try

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=80

Did it long ago, PM me your e-mail and I'll send a Poser version ;)

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

thanks Rduda pm sent

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

is there a TNG or DS9 timeline Shuttlebay for poser/ds out there?

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    is there a TNG or DS9 timeline Shuttlebay for poser/ds out there?

STMC has two in 3ds format- one for Intrepid and a Shuttle Bay 2 interior for galaxy- class.

Once on the site, chose non-ship meshes and uncheck turespace and lightwave options. They'll be in the second and third group of models that come up.

http://www.trekmeshes.ch/

I would have posted links directly to these models, but the site doesn't give them.

SARODBAY.jpg
    640 x 480 - 51K
    BAYINTERIOR.jpg
    512 x 384 - 24K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    STMC has two in 3ds format- one for Intrepid and a Shuttle Bay 2 interior for galaxy- class.

I can't remember now all the things I tried to fix it (none of which worked), but the Intrepid-class bay is one of those that blows up when I pull it into PoseRay for conversion into .obj format. Not as bad as some more complex ship models, but I remember it flew apart into three or four separate groups of bits. What are my options in fiddling with it to get a clean mesh?

BTW, is this the shuttlebay model that fits inside one of the Voyager models?

edited September 2012

mdbruffy said:

I can't remember now all the things I tried to fix it (none of which worked), but the Intrepid-class bay is one of those that blows up when I pull it into PoseRay for conversion into .obj format. Not as bad as some more complex ship models, but I remember it flew apart into three or four separate groups of bits. What are my options in fiddling with it to get a clean mesh?

That's the one. It's the only Voyager shuttle bay I've ever seen.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

MDBruffy, do you have any idea what changed between the rendering that worked and the one that failed? Did you add a new service release to Poser? Make any modifications to the model? Is this a wholly new scene, or is it a modification of the one that worked?

If the original scene no longer renders properly, my suspicion is a new service release, unless you made any modifications to the original scene, at which point, I have nothing useful.

Photoshop is a good temporary fix, but you might want to talk to Tech Support when you're no longer under the gun.

edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    MDBruffy, do you have any idea what changed between the rendering that worked and the one that failed? Did you add a new service release to Poser? Make any modifications to the model? Is this a wholly new scene, or is it a modification of the one that worked?

If the original scene no longer renders properly, my suspicion is a new service release, unless you made any modifications to the original scene, at which point, I have nothing useful.

Photoshop is a good temporary fix, but you might want to talk to Tech Support when you're no longer under the gun.

There was no service update- I used the orignal scene file in Part 3 of "A Tale of Two Captains" and it rendered fine. I made no changes to the ship- or the decks- when I built the dock around them.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

That's the one. It's the only Voyager shuttle bay I've ever seen.

The last time I updated the USS Voyager Model from Trekmeshes, I made sure to include the landing gear and shuttlebay. So if anyone has the ship from the last update then they can just load up the model itself and increase the size of the ship.

Just a note though, the rigging on the door should not be relied on if you are shooting from inside. I did it the way I did so it coule be adjusted from outside with out the door poking thought the outer hull and being noticed.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

thank, I looked at htose a long time ago, could never get them converted correctly to obj format with textures.

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    thank, I looked at htose a long time ago, could never get them converted correctly to obj format with textures.

Depending on what your system is and which verison of Poser you're using, 3ds files should import just fine. I'm finding that's the case with P9. It's taking 3ds files that the earlier verisons wouldn't.

I wish it would take Lightwave like they say it's supposed to.

This discussion has been closed.