• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    quick TMP corridor render

using a FOG camera and some Linear Point Lights in Daz Studio 4.5 Pro

That looks great! :-)

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

thanks guys but it really is just a quick render - now need to add a few more lights and get the red alert bars glowing then add some people running :)

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    thanks guys but it really is just a quick render - now need to add a few more lights and get the red alert bars glowing then add some people running :)

In the meantime, the kit is now available at my DA gallery:

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5dh8it

TMP-Corridor-WEB-2.jpg
    1000 x 685 - 193K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Thank you! :-)

edited December 1969

If you're talking to me, you're welcome. :-)

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Yes!

HU @ anyone interested in the Steampunk styles, this is only free for PC members which for a few hours we all are.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/juggling-act-for-v4

edited September 2012

mdbruffy said:

Yes!

HU @ anyone interested in the Steampunk styles, this is only free for PC members which for a few hours we all are.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/juggling-act-for-v4

LOL!!

Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited December 1969

i dont see anywhere where it say plat member :(

edited September 2012

Well I hope you just bought if you want it.

They put a price of $99.95 to the world at large ... $0.00 is the PC price only seen by PC members.

Comes under "don't look a gift horse in the mouth, if you want it, pounce!"

:-)

Finally made something with this new Hexagon. Have to transfer it to another computer to make the prop and all that. Here's a preview.

Juggling_Act_for_V4.png
    535 x 143 - 69K
    tablewip.png
    717 x 537 - 78K
    Post edited by patience55 on
  • crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

thanks Rduda a little render for you

cpt.jpg
    800 x 800 - 269K
    edited December 1969

for mdbruffy thanks

cpt2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 292K
  • ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

They put a price of $99.95 to the world at large ... $0.00 is the PC price only seen by PC members.

Finally made something with this new Hexagon. Have to transfer it to another computer to make the prop and all that. Here's a preview.

"New Hexagon"? Other than the version we've been using for about a year now?

edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    for mdbruffy thanks

Your pic- which looks good- but why apply a texture to the light panels?

edited December 1969

figured just plane white may look a little plane

edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    figured just plane white may look a little plane

That's okay- it looks fine. Just wasn't expecting it. :-)

edited September 2012

Thalek said:

gee I wish ... guess I'd better stop referring to as 'new' ... it's newer than the ancient one ;-)

Here's the link for the new table. Lovely promo pics are "in a safe place" .... along with the template.

Entire table is uvmapped. It's expected that the rim and skirt will be plain colours. The uvmap does go a tad wonky on one side however seems to work well enough with several shaders. The 'unseen' zone may or not need to be hidden depending upon how one is texturing the table. It loads visible in Poser 7.

http://www.mediafire.com/?woh266vk2qtz3bq Table-01 non-commercial use [DS9 item]

The ship's plaque looks fine in D/S but failed the Poser test. Haven't got a clue how or why.*
    One makes a box; one flattens the box. Makes invisible or turns off opacity for all sides but one desired. On that side one puts the image.
    On the opacity channel one puts the transparency.
    So ? Poser is giving me a white square box surrounding a too small to cover the whole texture.

Same problem with this ship's item ... this is a render done in D/S3. The "flat prop" was made in D/S3 with the free prop maker script. Does it not write 'box' information so that Poser can read it correctly?
    At any rate, another day, I may try making those props via Poser and see what happens in D/S.

*edit: Found out that Poser interprets flat planes as mirrors, wonderful. Back to drawing board.

Shipitemwip.png
    600 x 600 - 244K
    edited December 1969

Thalek said:

gee I wish ... guess I'd better stop referring to as 'new' ... it's newer than the ancient one ;-)

Here's the link for the new table. Lovely promo pics are "in a safe place" .... along with the template.

Entire table is uvmapped. It's expected that the rim and skirt will be plain colours. The uvmap does go a tad wonky on one side however seems to work well enough with several shaders. The 'unseen' zone may or not need to be hidden depending upon how one is texturing the table. It loads visible in Poser 7.

http://www.mediafire.com/?woh266vk2qtz3bq Table-01 non-commercial use [DS9 item]

The ship's plaque looks fine in D/S but failed the Poser test. Haven't got a clue how or why.
    One makes a box; one flattens the box. Makes invisible or turns off opacity for all sides but one desired. On that side one puts the image.
    On the opacity channel one puts the transparency.
    So ? Poser is giving me a white square box surrounding a too small to cover the whole texture.

Same problem with this ship's item ... this is a render done in D/S3. The "flat prop" was made in D/S3 with the free prop maker script. Does it not write 'box' information so that Poser can read it correctly?
    At any rate, another day, I may try making those props via Poser and see what happens in D/S.

Wasn't too long ago that Hexagon 2.5 was free to anyone that wanted it. I downloaded it, but never got around to installing it.

edited December 1969

a TMP corridor with a bit more work :)

tmp-corridor-fog-red2.jpg
    773 x 1000 - 208K
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

That looks good!

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    MotoTsume said:

That looks good!

thanks, probably gonna redo it with crewman closer to camera so can see him a bit better

edited September 2012

HU - if you had a PC membership to be auto-renewing via the banks recently ... "minor glitch" commented on in the commons. Scary.

Okay here are the promo pics for the table which [hopefully] could pass as a dining table and/or a banquet table in DS9 scenes [or wherever!].

Prop loads in both D/S3 and Poser7. Includes a 'holding texture' pictured ... I expect people will replace that with what they want to use and/or make use of shaders. 4 mat zones. Have fun.

Template is here: http://www.ShareCG.com/v/64525/view/11/Poser/Table01_template-only-here
    The blue area is the table top.

Finally! Here's the link for the table at sharecg.com http://www.ShareCG.com/v/64542/view/11/Poser/TableO1-nc

5.png
    600 x 464 - 186K
    4.png
    518 x 467 - 125K
    3.png
    600 x 600 - 157K
    2.png
    600 x 600 - 384K
    1.png
    600 x 600 - 249K
    edited December 1969

[pout] You confuzzled me. I spent half an hour or so checking to see if there'd been any updates. I'm going to go sit in the backyard and eat worms. (Well, it's a desert here, so maybe I'll see if I can find a snake to eat. [grin])

Nice table, btw. I'll go download it and see what I can do. I liked the "broken tile" experiment. It looked like someone had to rebuild their sacrificial altar after the last earthquake. :-)

Moto Tsume, that is a beautiful bit of work. How did you do the steam jets?

edited December 1969

postworked in after in Photoshop CS5 , they are Ron's brushes - can be found here at daz - called Smoke & Steam

edited December 1969

I wonder if Ron's brushes work in GIMP as well? Thanks!

edited December 1969

Thalek said:

[pout] You confuzzled me. I spent half an hour or so checking to see if there'd been any updates. I'm going to go sit in the backyard and eat worms. (Well, it's a desert here, so maybe I'll see if I can find a snake to eat. [grin])

Nice table, btw. I'll go download it and see what I can do. I liked the "broken tile" experiment. It looked like someone had to rebuild their sacrificial altar after the last earthquake. :-)

Moto Tsume, that is a beautiful bit of work. How did you do the steam jets?

Oh I'm sorry. [mind you if you're a Klingon I guess worms and snakes are a treat but according to my world history, those are a no-no not food items!]
    Yuck! Mind you I did have fun making that Klingon Kookie some time ago. It was made with a starfish hehehehe ... [long dead and just a photo, don't send PETA after me!]

Curious you mention altars, I was thinking the same thing. It's not my shader so I can't redistribute it. One of the older ones for D/S3 which was either free or sold here in the store.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    I wonder if Ron's brushes work in GIMP as well? Thanks!

Yes, they should.

edited December 1969

one more time with TMP corridor

tmp-corridor-fog-red3.jpg
    780 x 1000 - 337K
    edited December 1969

And now for something completely different: Six-person starship bridge simulation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Q2X32hZNk&feature=share

This discussion has been closed.