Comments

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Help>Contact Us>Submit a report

Thank you.

edited August 2012

This has been one of those days you wouldn't wish on your worse enemy. Comp techs were working on my system and removed a disc cleaning program I use alot- "Oh we're sorry it's standard practise to remove programs we don't think are very good." And because it's an older program, the company that made it no longer supports it, so I can't get a registration code for it. So I'm out one of my maintance programs.
    Then it gets better.
    I go to Sar Trek Meshes and down load the files for their work bees- one with manipulator arms and one with cargo. Unzipped them to find textutre maps- but no models.
    I come to Daz and get the travel prop pack- you know how that went.
    I try to work with Mattymanx' converison of Denis Bailey's Enterprise. It comes into the work window with the highlights on every section turned up to 100 percent. I was working on turning that down, and doing test renders to check things- and spotted holes in the nacelles and the back of the saucer.

I think I'm going to stop while I'm behind....

1701-A-holes-B-WEB.jpg
    800 x 547 - 184K
    Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    This has been one of those days you wouldn't wish on your worse enemy. Comp techs were working on my system and removed a disc cleaning program I use alot- "Oh we're sorry it's standard practise to remove programs we don't think are very good." And because it's an older program, the company that made it no longer supports it, so I can't get a registration code for it. So I'm out one of my maintance programs.
    Then it gets better.
    I go to Sar Trek Meshes and down load the files for their work bees- one with manipulator arms and one with cargo. Unzipped them to find textutre maps- but no models.
    I try to work with Mattymanx' converison of Denis Bailey's Enterprise. It comes into the work window with the highlights on every section turned up to 100 percent. I was working on turning that down, and doing test renders to check things- and spotted holes in the nacelles and the back of the saucer.

I think you'll find that there are separate files for the work bee objs and textures and you need to download both.

Workbee.jpg
    800 x 640 - 99K
    edited December 1969

jaguarry3 said:
    mdbruffy said:
    Then it gets better.

I think you'll find that there are separate files for the work bee objs and textures and you need to download both.

I downloaded every file I saw. I guess I could have missed one. I'll go check again.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    jaguarry3 said:
    mdbruffy said:
    Then it gets better.

I downloaded every file I saw. I guess I could have missed one. I'll go check again.

Okay. Went back and downloaded every file except the lightwave. sone of them wouldn't open. But the others did have the models. evidently I downloaded the wrong files last time.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

The Enterprise Refit has been updated.

The ship no longer glows in the dark in Poser when you load it up.

As for the flipped normals, I dont see it in renders for Poser 8 since all surfaces are set to render normals forward. Same with a couple others I had look at it. Lordiffy, who first pointed it out, does see the flipped normals when rendered in PP 2012. I am not sure why some people see it when rendered and others do not.

Also, the Klingon K'Tinga has been updated and is back online. DS4 should no longer crash when rendering. It was once again an issue with PNG files.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

As for the flipped normals, I dont see it in renders for Poser 8 since all surfaces are set to render normals forward. Same with a couple others I had look at it. Lordiffy, who first pointed it out, does see the flipped normals when rendered in PP 2012. I am not sure why some people see it when rendered and others do not.

Also, the Klingon K'Tinga has been updated and is back online. DS4 should no longer crash when rendering. It was once again an issue with PNG files.

Sounds like I need to download a fresh file then. I got this one when you first posted it.

edited December 1969

When in doubt, check the list since I am keeping track of when the model are updated so if you have any future issues you can check and see if the ship was updated.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    When in doubt, check the list since I am keeping track of when the model are updated so if you have any future issues you can check and see if the ship was updated.

okay.

• edited August 2012

Mattymanx said:

Yeah, I have no idea why some versions of Poser do this with some of Matty's awesome conversions. I tried the Ent-A out on both Poser 8, and Poser Pro 2012 SR3 (making sure all normals were forward) , and still have the same issues as shown by Mdbruffy.

Personally I'm thinking it could be due to the source mesh/texture settings, and not the conversion, as some of Matty's other conversions (especially all the newer ones) work perfectly, whilst others have the missing segments issue.

However, they all work perfectly in Daz.

*Update*

Upon looking at Ent-A and other models that have this issue, the missing pieces do fit with the mesh lines, when viewed in flat or smooth lined view. So, I am guessing some texturing issue on the original mesh, or some other hiccup that seems to irk certain versions of Poser.
    As Daz doesn't seem to have an issue, I'm leaning towards Poser getting befuddled by it.

I have this same issue with models (mostly lwo) converted in Poseray. The models will display the same issues, and sometimes have even larger chunks of texture missing that Poser will not allow the materials room to rectify.

Image1.png
    600 x 395 - 227K
    Post edited by prydonian_96d3f0dd8a on
  • CricketCricket Posts: 436
    edited December 1969

Has anyone found or made an interior set for the Delta Flyer?

edited December 1969

I have not seen an interior for the Delta Flyer as of yet. I have also not seen any decent reference images for it either!

For the record, I will not be coverting or attempting to convert any COB files. Thankfully this means only 3 ships are lost in total.

• adriantullbergadriantullberg Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    I have not seen an interior for the Delta Flyer as of yet. I have also not seen any decent reference images for it either!

For the record, I will not be coverting or attempting to convert any COB files. Thankfully this means only 3 ships are lost in total.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/SimTrek__2_Boldly_Go/topic/2434278/1/

edited August 2012

Ok, Im off to bed. I could use some help finding some information though. I am looking for the size of the Intrepid Class & Sovereign Class hallways.

Thank you!

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

not treck but just a render of Greywolf Starkiller's eagel with a winch i came across at this websitehttp://www.space1999.org/gallery/cgi_models_meshes/index.html it is 3ds format

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

oops forgot to add photo

eagle1.jpg
    700 x 700 - 274K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited August 2012

Links of possible interest:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Corridor

http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/intrepid.html
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Intrepid_class
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Corridor
    http://www.loony-archivist.com/lowerdecks/tour/misc.html
    http://stexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/USS_Prometheus_(NX-59650)_(Prometheus)

http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWvolumetrics.html [I'm not going to even pretend to understand this one - has nice big chart for those that do]

http://www.utopiaplanitia.info/deltamain.html Delta flyer with the innards inserted!

http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/plaques.html
    n.b. the .psd templates while having 'unsupported' features DO open in PSPX4 :-)

Post edited by patience55 on
  • AndypAndyp Posts: 31
    edited December 1969
    edited August 2012

Lord Iffy said:
    Mattymanx said:

Yeah, I have no idea why some versions of Poser do this with some of Matty's awesome conversions. I tried the Ent-A out on both Poser 8, and Poser Pro 2012 SR3 (making sure all normals were forward) , and still have the same issues as shown by Mdbruffy.

Personally I'm thinking it could be due to the source mesh/texture settings, and not the conversion, as some of Matty's other conversions (especially all the newer ones) work perfectly, whilst others have the missing segments issue.

However, they all work perfectly in Daz.

*Update*

Upon looking at Ent-A and other models that have this issue, the missing pieces do fit with the mesh lines, when viewed in flat or smooth lined view. So, I am guessing some texturing issue on the original mesh, or some other hiccup that seems to irk certain versions of Poser.
    As Daz doesn't seem to have an issue, I'm leaning towards Poser getting befuddled by it.

I have this same issue with models (mostly lwo) converted in Poseray. The models will display the same issues, and sometimes have even larger chunks of texture missing that Poser will not allow the materials room to rectify.

Okay, new file. The holes are there- pre-render. But since they don't show up post-render, I'm not going to worry about it anymore.
    New question: How do I give her the same metalic look she had in TMP?

1701-A-Test-WEB.jpg
    800 x 509 - 113K
    Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited December 1969

I don't suppose anyone who knows what their doing would be willing to convert it for DAZStudio/Poser?:-)

edited December 1969

Redfern said:
    And the thing is still a still unstable. Oof!

Just playing with "Birdy's" Universal Eams chair to make a somewhat reasonable shuttle-craft seat.

Sincerely,

Bill

Bit late, but could you tell me where you found this chair?

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    edited December 1969

Here...

http://www.sharecg.com/v/45413/browse/5/3D-Model/universel-eams-chair

I deleted the leg elements and modeled a simple bracket.

Sincerely,

Bill

• edited December 1969

"Captain, firing photon torpedoes!

2.jpg
    469 x 614 - 129K
  • AndypAndyp Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

hey has anyone created a changeling (founder) morph? closest I can think of would be to use the exo morph

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited December 1969

3rd view of the Counselor's office

Counselor3.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 590K
    edited December 1969

Just posted these at Deviantart, if anyone's intrested. a zip file of 68 backgrounds made with Celestia. each one is 1410 x 962;

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5cnkjl

Celestia_33-_Daz.jpg
    800 x 510 - 137K
    edited December 1969

Thank you sir. I just downloaded them.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Thank you sir. I just downloaded them.

You are certainly welcome.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

anyone know of a model of the Enterprise J?

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Enterprise_(NCC-1701-J)

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    anyone know of a model of the Enterprise J?

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Enterprise_(NCC-1701-J)

"J"? What happened to F,G,H and I ?

This discussion has been closed.