Star Trek Builders Thread!

Comments

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited December 1969

didn't Starkiller's Connie sets have registries you could change?

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,048
    edited December 1969

I believe you're right if memory serves correctly...

• mylochkamylochka Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.sharecg.com/v/63227/view/11/Poser/Seven-for-V4

A face morph for V4. Requires that you have the base and ++morph packs for this figure installed.

seven04.png
    784 x 800 - 920K
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    didn't Starkiller's Connie sets have registries you could change?

That's fine if you're looking for a TOS style ship. But I need a movie refit ship.

edited December 1969

oh, sorry.

misunderstood

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited June 2012

First of what hopefully will become a set:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/63228/view/11/Poser/Badge-01

Crew - Seaman - Able - square frame - have fun!

[no shaders included]

whyloadsthere.png
    397 x 372 - 37K
    goldshader.png
    515 x 547 - 106K
    whereloads.png
    530 x 492 - 26K
    Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

Just dowloaded it. watching for the rest.

• murbymurby Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

murby said:
    murby said:
    Risians mark on their forehead for V4 texture face
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Risian

Layer in PNG format 3000x3000 px to apply V4 texture face

ZIP file in my blog . No character provided.

Nice, but if you have a look at the lovely lass here, http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/5/56/Joval.jpg? you can see her mark is a lot less obvious than the man's :)

Not for all women, see here http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Unnamed_Risians, especially the old one from ENT :)
    Seems that risian mark changed a lot from TNG (Joval) to DS9 (Arandis)
    More similar to DS9 risian mark is ENT mark (the old lady)

Soon TNG risian mark layer :)

as promised new PNG layer
    TNG risian mark

jpg
    jpg
    risian_markTNG600.jpg
    edited December 1969

I have the Seven set all zipped up. I can't upload to ShareCG at the moment, but if anyone wants it now PM me with your addy and I'll send it to you.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Next one is 1/2 done ... hopefully Friday sometime.

Did you get the PM with pics attached? If so waiting to know if the top part is okay or if you want the spikes closer together.

edited December 1969

mylochka said:
    DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.sharecg.com/v/63227/view/11/Poser/Seven-for-V4

A face morph for V4. Requires that you have the base and ++morph packs for this figure installed.

Thank you!

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Did you get the PM with pics attached? If so waiting to know if the top part is okay or if you want the spikes closer together.

Unless you mean the link to the Memory Alpha site, I haven't seen any PMs with pics attached.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

Unless you mean the link to the Memory Alpha site, I haven't seen any PMs with pics attached.

These are WIP - one is smoothed to the 2nd level, one is not. The smoothed one I shortened the top piece 'cause it went too spikey.
    The dark blue one is the smoothed one, the white tips are the image behind it ....
    Any preference or do you want this going back to the drawing board?

1_badge_smoo.png
    550 x 284 - 86K
    png
    png
    1_badge_unsm.png
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

These are WIP - one is smoothed to the 2nd level, one is not. The smoothed one I shortened the top piece 'cause it went too spikey.
    The dark blue one is the smoothed one, the white tips are the image behind it ....

I think the top pic actually looks better.

edited June 2012

I've added new images of my hand drawn version of "The Final Frontier" comic to my blog. Here's a preview image.

Check out my blog for the rest of the images here

David

jpg
    jpg
    original_page_16_of_the_final_frontier__1_preview.jpg
    Post edited by GRFK DSGN Unlimited on
    edited June 2012

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

Okay ... I'll send it to the next step [test in D/S] and maybe sometime this weekend.
    The other one which I was hoping to be able to release today will also be hopefully sometime this weekend. It's the one I think for the Admiral. 3 of the 4 areas are fine ... one went black in D/S so ? but a few tess lines should solve that.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

Check your PMs.

@ everybody ... the PM notification which should be green is NOT always so. So if/when expecting a PM and esp. if expecting a reply ... have to manually check it ... one day ... everything will be fine :roll:

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited June 2012

I don't remember if I mad a post on this or not, but the Starship Bridge 11is up at Vanishing Point?! Any TNG Romulan may want to take a look!

http://www.vanishingpoint.biz/productdetail.asp?ProductID=2221

jpg
    jpg
    RomBridge.jpg
    Post edited by rduda on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    edited December 1969

Just testing if I can post.

I revision of an old composition using Ptropes bridge prop pieces and various Poser 7 based shader nodes.

Sincerely,

Bill

jpg
    jpg
    Spock-and-B9-J-1.jpg
    edited December 1969

OK, I think I've discovered a pattern. Internet Explorer will let me post but not FireFox...Interesting.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited December 1969

Here is something I wanted to link the other week.

For anyone interested in the "computer" props built for the original series, here's a link to a multi-part article hosted at TrekCore.

http://theomegasector.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-18-the-pc-props-of-star-trek-tos/

Rather than the permanent bridge stations, this 7 part series (6 so far posted) focuses upon the various free standing "boxes" and blinking panels reused as different devices throughout the 3 year production. Vector illustrations and dozens of screen captures provide excellent reference material for anyone ambitious enough to model "screen accurate" digital props.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited July 2012

Redfern said:
    Here is something I wanted to link the other week.

For anyone interested in the "computer" props built for the original series, here's a link to a multi-part article hosted at TrekCore.

http://theomegasector.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-18-the-pc-props-of-star-trek-tos/

Rather than the permanent bridge stations, this 7 part series (6 so far posted) focuses upon the various free standing "boxes" and blinking panels reused as different devices throughout the 3 year production. Vector illustrations and dozens of screen captures provide excellent reference material for anyone ambitious enough to model "screen accurate" digital props.

Sincerely,

Bill

Thank you :-)

have a few more pins/badges up at sharecg and in my mediafire acct.

edited December 1969

For those interested I posted another page to my blog about the webcomic.

The blog can be found here

David

06_Page_06_preview.jpg
    776 x 600 - 425K
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Well, here's a quick WIP - I needed Lazarus's timeship for an image I'm working on, and found a good Sketchup model of it online by Gillman, but it just wasn't refined enough for me (I'm really picky, I guess ;)), so I decided to model it from scratch.

Still need to finish the interior, and this seat is a placeholder from the Sketchup model ...

jpg
    jpg
    Lazarus001.jpg
    edited July 2012

Looks good, Ptrope. How goes the Re-animated Engineering?

This is going to be Nova Trek's verison of the movie uniform- male verison. It uses M2's Space Command jacket from RDNA which, sadly is no longer available. Which is really too bad, because it conforms damn well with just a little poke through and no converison needed.
    I made the belt buckle, shoulder strap and sleeve strip. The shoulder strap uses Patience55's Admiral pin.
    I'm letting it out of the bag, but that's also Wertz' John Wayne morph for M4- but it's NOT the standard Daz face texture. I went a-googling and found a good pic of the Duke that was about 98% full front and worked with it in Photoshop.

Admirals-badge--Shoulder-W.jpg
    588 x 800 - 127K
    Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Looks good, Ptrope. How goes the Re-animated Engineering?

This is going to be Nova Trek's verison of the movie uniform- male verison. It uses M2's Space Command jacket from RDNA which, sadly is no longer available. Which is really too bad, because it conforms damn well with just a little poke through and no converison needed.
    I made the belt buckle, shoulder strap and sleeve strip. The shoulder strap uses Patience55's Admiral pin.
    I'm letting it out of the bag, but that's also Wertz' John Wayne morph for M4- but it's NOT the standard Daz face texture. I went a-googling and found a good pic of the Duke that was about 98% full front and worked with it in Photoshop.

WOW! Looking good!

• murbymurby Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

.pz2 exoscalpel pose for V4 and .daz exoscalpel release 2.0 with reflection maps.
    .zip file in my blog

exoscalpel.jpg
    585 x 543 - 29K
    edited December 1969

Ptrope, that Lazarus craft is looking really good, very clean lines and it even has the notches in the (stabilizing?) fin.

I'm curious; was your reason for making the entrance region a "wedge" shape instead of parallel a conscious choice to allow easier camera positioning? It makes sense if you did; otherwise, it would prove a challenge to zoom the camera upon the Dilithium crystal panels without the opposite side blocking the view.

Though it was never built for the production, I always wondered if (in story) the craft was meant to have a "hatch" of some sort there. But then, how the heck would it open? That semi-circle "notch" in the bubble canopy poses a dilemma. If the whole thing dropped like a "gangway", that section of canopy would be the piecehitting the ground. And it would have to swing all the way down to provide enough clearance to exit. (It would also mean the craft would need to be elevated.) Oh, here's an idea. A "recessed seam" (which we never saw on camera) allows a "clam-shell" arrangement to swing shut (rather like the Enterprise shuttle-bay doors). Once closed, a semi-circle of canopy material rises to seal that last opening (rather like a car door windshield). A "clam-shell" arrangement would work better with the "pie-wedge" opening you've depicted.

Hmm, looks like you're thinking several steps ahead. Pretty clever, Ptrope!

Sincerely,

Bill

This discussion has been closed.