Daz install manager suggestion

ShaggeShagge Posts: 74
edited March 2013 in Product Suggestions

One thing I would like the daz software install manager to do is let me just download the files store them where I want to have them saved then let me install them on my own. The application says its downloading to a download folder in the program files folder but if you go there it’s an empty folder so either they are hidden files or its incorrect and will download them and store them in temp directory until installed.

The reason for this request is because some files that are downloaded and installed by the DLM seem to have an error the example of this is the Unshaven Bundle for Genesis or Aiko 4 Cat Girl these files will download and install; but the morphing for the products does not function properly. However if you go in and use the installers as you normally would everything installs and functions just fine. I notice this can happen with random products including regular hair but sometimes everything installs, as it should.

Post edited by Shagge on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited March 2013

There are several ways of using the DIM, and many options

You can download AND install automatically, and DIM will save the ZIP files
    You can download AND install automatically, and DIM will delete the ZIP files for you if you tell it to.
    You can download only, and not install the files, and you can install them yourself, or have DIM do it at a later date.

All of my downloaded ZIPs which were downloaded by the DIM are stored in C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads. I am not sure if you can change that path, but they will all remain there unless you tell DIM to delete them.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • ShaggeShagge Posts: 74
    edited March 2013

When i go to the folder it is empty even if i have it just downloaded a file. I'll check again and see if can change he path.

Post edited by Shagge on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What OS are you using?

If you are using Vista/Win 7/Win 8, then they wont allow these ZIPs to be written into the Program Files area anyway, it is a protected area, and the files will be written of to a Roaming folder probably in Appdata.

There is also a checkbox on the Ready to Install tab which says 'Delete Installer Once Installed', make sure that is NOT ticked if you want to keep the ZIPs.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063
    edited December 1969

You can set the download path to anything you want. The ONLY real restriction on the download path is that you only get one path currently.

Put it on an external, or a second internal drive if you wish.

• ShaggeShagge Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Huh that worked thanks guys I guess windows 7 also did not want to share a couple of other folders other than program files too.