Sticking props to particular spots

bashrag_7b41cbcd6dbashrag_7b41cbcd6d Posts: 71
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm using the Natural Body Morphs to simulate breast movement in V4. The character is wearing pasties, and I always have to move the pasties after I change her pose. I have them parented to the chest, but that only goes so far.

I understand that in Poser you can create magnets that will stick a prop to a particular part of a mesh. Is there a solution that works in DAZ 4.5? I heard at one point that you can create "nipple bones", but I've got no idea what that would entail.

Would anybody happen to know?

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

With Genesis it wouldn't be a problem All you'd have to do is convert your pasties to a conforming figure and they would automatically follow. I don't know that you can do this with V4, I've never tried. I would think you'd have to convert V4 to a triax weight mapped figure, then use the transfer utility... but I don't know that the transfer util will work with V4... but it's something I would definitely try.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809
    edited December 1969

Making them into a conforming figure would work for V4 too, and shouldn't be too much effort.

• bashrag_7b41cbcd6dbashrag_7b41cbcd6d Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

So if I just search the knowledge base for "create conforming figure" I should be able to figure it out?

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited December 1969

For V4 breast movements will be morphs or magnets, and DS will transfer those to conforming clothing (magnets automatically, morphs via Transfer Active Morphs).

edited December 1969

For V4 breast movements will be morphs or magnets, and DS will transfer those to conforming clothing (magnets automatically, morphs via Transfer Active Morphs).

So what's the process? Do I have to convert V4 to a weight mapped figure, and then somehow tell the prop that it's supposed to stick here? Is there a way that I can just do that without converting V4?

Sorry if I'm being obtuse, but this is pretty arcane.

edited December 1969

I'll try to find time to make some screenshots later.

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Wow. You really went above and beyond on this Richard. I'm very grateful!

edited December 1969

Can I get a clarification on "Tidying up the Leftovers"? Do I need to load the object again in order to use the Property Editor on it? If so, do I just import it as an object again from the Runtime/Geometries folder where I placed it?

edited December 1969

No, you use the Property Editor with the figure you created from the pasties selected.

edited December 1969

I finally managed to remove enough distractions that I managed to move through the tutorial and create a figure as shown. However I've had limited success in creating a figure that does what I need.

The figure I've created does a good job of adjusting to size. I can re-size the breasts and after "transfer active morphs" the item will adjust to the new size. However, if I use any morphs that move the nipple, for example any of the Elite morphs like "BreastUp" the nipple is not tracked.

So do I have to somehow add those morphs to the figure?