Fantasy Bath queries

SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Okay, I finally trusted the new store enough to buy DM's Fantasy Bath (or is it DM's Prompt Fantasy?) before it went off sale. All went well, downloaded and installed, but...

I'm having problems finding some of the things listed on the product page. There's supposed to be both Poser and D|S scene files. Can't find the D|S .daz files. There's supposed to be D|S materials presets in both .dsa (D|S3) and .dsf (D|S4) format. They're all .dsf except the bath water presets are .dsa — a bit of a problem for me as I still work mostly in D|S3.

Is there an extra download I missed? I'm fairly sure I got just four (for the PC) — for Poser, D|S, and the respective metadata installers. I've looked at the readme, and it's a bit confusing. Anyone else got this and figured it out? Help, please?

Comments

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Okay, I finally trusted the new store enough to buy DM's Fantasy Bath (or is it DM's Prompt Fantasy?) before it went off sale.

It was on sale? I could never guess what the actual price was. It changed a couple of times. I was going to buy it with my coupon (voucher or whatever it is called), but have yet to receive the coupon.

:-(

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

The .daz scenes are in \Presets\DM Scenes\DM PromptFantasy\ (the Presets folder which is in the same folder as Runtime). I only use DS 4 now, but in that program they are in DAZ Studio Formats\My Library\Presets from the Content Library tab.

I only installed the DS file (and I'm sure there are only two installers, not counting metadata files, DS and Poser). In the DS files the only .dsa files are the bath water mats. The DS installer does not install anything in the Runtime (Poser Formats) user-facing library from what I can see.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Ah, got it, thanks. I never bother with that presets folder because everything so far that the installers put in there either belong more logically somewhere else (usually as a subfolder of a Genesis Character or Clothes folder) or, like this case, aren't presets.

Ooh, these scenes render very nicely! A pity I can't use them in D|S3, but I am gradually beginning to use D|S4 more.

This is getting confusing — I really don't want to convert my huge existing content collection to Smart Content or Categories, partly because I'm not too impressed by what I've seen of them, partly because it would take a ridiculous length of time to do the switchover from my current manual setup that I've been happy with for several years. But it looks like we're getting the old problem of items being put inconsistently into different places, from one product to another. Something like materials for a prop to go with a character set — so far I've found these in at least three or four different places after installing something. Ah well, at least my manual installation method makes stuff like this a bit easier to find than if I'd just installed straight into my live content, where half of it would vanish without a trace.

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

I'd say you're the lucky one. I bought it yesterday and my download status still says "pending."

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Does anybody know what the price is supposed to be?
    What was the sale price?

• Fille123Fille123 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Zaarin said:
    I'd say you're the lucky one. I bought it yesterday and my download status still says "pending."

If your order status is said to be complete but your download status says "pending", reset the item from your itemized order history and you should be able to download it (happened to me yesterday).
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    What was the sale price?

It is/was on sale for 30% off - my PC discount wasn't working, and I kept seeing it with just the sale discount.

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited June 2012

tsarist said:
    What was the sale price?

It is/was on sale for 30% off - my PC discount wasn't working, and I kept seeing it with just the sale discount.
    Same here. I bought it on June 1 at around $13. Although this is still a good price, I should have been charged about $10 (the price now showing to me as a PC member) but I didn't realize that my PC membership had not been renewed (my PC membership has now been fixed).

Spottedkitty, I'm glad you found the scene files. I wouldn't have known they were there if I hadn't checked for you, so thanks for that! They are very useful, and as you say, the set renders very nicely with those setups. I've always liked DM's sets—Talca is a particular favourite. I like semi-open, stage-like, sets as I don't keep bumping into walls with them. Another one I like is Stjarna by Forbidden Whispers, which was also on sale recently, I think (but not now it seems). I did a render with it here (hope the link works). You can't see a whole lot, but I think you can tell that the set is quality.

Post edited by Hiro Protagonist on
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

Fille123 said:
    Zaarin said:

If your order status is said to be complete but your download status says "pending", reset the item from your itemized order history and you should be able to download it (happened to me yesterday).
    Thanks, I'll remember that for the future. I logged on today with my d/ls working. I think DAZ support helped me out...