Penelope the Nerd

JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,259
edited July 2017 in The Commons

Has anyone got this. Are the crooked teeth in the main promo included, or was this something done by the promo artist?

Post edited by JOdel on

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited July 2017

Included. They look strangely transparent in the viewport but OK when rendered. Btw, there is also a morph to flatten the lop ears. A quick one:

penelope_teeth.jpg
    600 x 664 - 247K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933

It seems to have disappeared from the store for the moment.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,086

It seems to have disappeared from the store for the moment.

https://www.daz3d.com/fw-penelope-hd-for-genesis-3-female

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,850

She looks very cute, too, for a typical nerdy girl.

• RobotHeadArtRobotHeadArt Posts: 911

The promo says "She also comes with custom sculpted square nails as well as two heads, giving you the option to go for cute or more mature."  I only see one head morph included.  Is this an error or am I missing something?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743

The promo says "She also comes with custom sculpted square nails as well as two heads, giving you the option to go for cute or more mature."  I only see one head morph included.  Is this an error or am I missing something?

There are some nail presets in the folder in the Characters library. As for the two heads, I can't find the second either.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,286

It looks like there whould be a partial shape remove to make her less nerdy...

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
    nDelphi said:

That's exactly what I thought when I saw her. She's too cute or pretty girl, absolutely no nerd to her at all. The artist should have used Drew Berrymore's character Grossie Josie as a reference for the product.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    jaxprog said:
    nDelphi said:

That's exactly what I thought when I saw her. She's too cute or pretty girl, absolutely no nerd to her at all. The artist should have used Drew Berrymore's character Grossie Josie as a reference for the product.

I can't blame them for making her a bit more cute than the average "nerd" - pretty tends to sell better in the Daz store.

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
    jaxprog said:
    nDelphi said:

I can't blame them for making her a bit more cute than the average "nerd" - pretty tends to sell better in the Daz store.

I will admit that you are right. But at the same time if you selling the idea of a nerd, I just think the one woudl sell the theme or genre as opposed to cute and pretty. But again I do agree with your point, pretty and cute do sell big time.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited July 2017
    jaxprog said:
    jaxprog said:
    nDelphi said:

I will admit that you are right. But at the same time if you selling the idea of a nerd, I just think the one woudl sell the theme or genre as opposed to cute and pretty. But again I do agree with your point, pretty and cute do sell big time.

That's why I like the idea of the alternate head setting that is mentioned in this thread. One could make a pretty version and a more geeky version by just tweaking the pretty version a bit. I'm learning to do morphs and I'm learning that it's a lot easier to make an ugly morph than to make a pretty one. lol And it's way too easy to take a pretty face and make her not so pretty with just a bit of adjustments. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,286

Working in a big lab at a big university, I can tell you there is no correlation between looking like a geek and being a geek...

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,414
    nemesis10 said:

Working in a big lab at a big university, I can tell you there is no correlation between looking like a geek and being a geek...

looks don't really define a geek nerd there are a lot of pretty ones and those that are not so attractive doesn't mean they're geeky nerds or if they wear glasses of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Besides if she was made very unattractive there'd be so many complaints hatred for her just look at some of the comments on other characters here think she has an average everday look style which is ok with me and I like variety and am happy to use create characters that are not perfect and use them as pinups I actually like imperfections more but all are good to me like said like variety 

• NathNath Posts: 2,732
    nemesis10 said:

This.

Each to their own of course, but that whole promo got a giant roll-eye and a heartfelt No.Pe. from me.

• The promo says "She also comes with custom sculpted square nails as well as two heads, giving you the option to go for cute or more mature."  I only see one head morph included.  Is this an error or am I missing something?

The file list doesn't show a second head, but it does list an ear morph - perhaps that's the one? I've sent a query in.

• The promo says "She also comes with custom sculpted square nails as well as two heads, giving you the option to go for cute or more mature."  I only see one head morph included.  Is this an error or am I missing something?

The file list doesn't show a second head, but it does list an ear morph - perhaps that's the one? I've sent a query in.

It looks like they updated the promo text by removing this part instead of including the second head.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604
    jaxprog said:
    nDelphi said:

Maybe it's so you can use the old Hollywood cliche where no-one realises that the girl is beautiful until she takes her glasses off?

That's probably very non PC these days, but this isn't a PC+ item so that's OK.