Bryce 7.1 LAA Win10

Can somebody help me with LAA in win10. I tried the laa_2_0_4 and also the laa_2_0_4_NetFramework version. Both versions do not work.

TaskManager.JPG
676 x 381 - 47K

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,120

Have you had it working on an earlier Windows version? I'm not sure what the problem is you experience from looking at your screenshot. If you are new to it, I have a video how to use it at https://horo.ch/docs/video/horo_en.html (More Videos 19. Bryce Memory Shortage - and what you can do about it). In fact, LAA just sets the flag in the application that it can use all addressable memory and not only half. You might also have to run LAA as Administrator.

• GrapholixGrapholix Posts: 25
    Horo said:

Have you had it working on an earlier Windows version? I'm not sure what the problem is you experience from looking at your screenshot. If you are new to it, I have a video how to use it at https://horo.ch/docs/video/horo_en.html (More Videos 19. Bryce Memory Shortage - and what you can do about it). In fact, LAA just sets the flag in the application that it can use all addressable memory and not only half. You might also have to run LAA as Administrator.

Hallo Horo, I had it running on win 7 without any problems. After installing win 10 there had been a lot more crashes in Bryce with big files. So I tried to find out the reason for that problem. I saw in the Task Manager Bryce is only using 2 Gb RAM. I started LAA as an Admin after reading your comment. It doesn't work. Maybe I have to restart the pc. Is there a need for the LAA_2_0_4_NetFramework version in Win10 ? 

Hallo Horo, I deleted the sttings.sav file and restarted the pc. I started LAA as Admin, but it doesn't work

Sorry to hear it doesn't work. Not many ideas left since I'm not on Win 10. How about running LAA and Bryce in the XP compatibility mode? I think there is such an option somewhere in Win 10.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

I'm a recent user of Win 10, and no problems with LAA.

I had initially downloaded the Zip file (available a scroll down here) back in 2013 on to my Win 7 comp.,, and then transferred (I put it on a memory stick) it over into my Win 10 comp.,. Works!

Jay

One of these days I think I'm running in circles for hours. There was a fault in the *.br7 file. RIP :-(    I only had these kind of crashes long ago without LAA. So this was my thought, it has to do with that. I took a other file and brought it to the limit without crash and the coin falls. Thank you for your help.

Grapholix

Glad to hear you found the culprit, Uwe. Don't tell me about running in circles, I'm quite experienced in that.