could not open file file does not exist

Hey there i have been using daz3d for sometime now and i recentlly got a new computer so i downloaded it only that every single asset says it could not open the file.   i have purchased several assets from the store as well and everything is showing the same thing. 

its beyond frustrating reinstalling it and nothing is working? what can i do?

Capture.PNG
1201 x 888 - 335K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

How did you transfer your content to your new computer -- copy from your old computer, or install fresh?  If installed fresh, did you install with Daz Install Manager, Daz Connect, or manually?

Are you using the default locations for content?  If not, what is the path to your content?

• snowkiidsnowkiid Posts: 1

Hey there i have been using daz3d for sometime now and i recentlly got a new computer so i downloaded it only that every single asset says it could not open the file.   i have purchased several assets from the store as well and everything is showing the same thing. 

its beyond frustrating reinstalling it and nothing is working? what can i do?

threads merged

How did you transfer your content to your new computer -- copy from your old computer, or install fresh?  If installed fresh, did you install with Daz Install Manager, Daz Connect, or manually?

Are you using the default locations for content?  If not, what is the path to your content?

hey there, so I decided to do a fresh install.  i used the daz install manager

so at first i set the installed path to the secondary "D" drive just like i did on the computer previously.   Then when it continued to have this issue i uninstalled it and put it to the default drive "C" and still get the same issue.   

I reinstalled several times not sure what the issue is ?

thanks for helping

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    snowkiid said:
    so at first i set the installed path

Did you do this in DIM or DAZ|Studio? The two programs do not talk to each other — if you aren't using the default installation location, you must change the content settings in the preferences for both DIM and D|S. If you only change the setting in one program, then DIM is installing to one location, while D|S is looking in another location.

snowkiid said:

Did you do this in DIM or DAZ|Studio? The two programs do not talk to each other — if you aren't using the default installation location, you must change the content settings in the preferences for both DIM and D|S. If you only change the setting in one program, then DIM is installing to one location, while D|S is looking in another location.

how do i do this i couldn't find the settings to change the location in the programs?

snowkiid said:
    snowkiid said:

how do i do this i couldn't find the settings to change the location in the programs?

In DIM:  Settings (gear icon in upper right) > Installation

In DS:  Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager

• Ok, i am having the same problem. Have so many could not find, does not exist. Looks like all the paths are going to the right place and all installed with dim, So i think ill just not use this program. Feels like if there is a program to download and install things this should not happen :((((

• Ok, i am having the same problem. Have so many could not find, does not exist. Looks like all the paths are going to the right place and all installed with dim, So i think ill just not use this program. Feels like if there is a program to download and install things this should not happen :((((

If you find the product in the Products tab of the Smart Content pane does it have a triangle in a circle at top-right of the thumbnail?