Little help?

scsprockscsprock Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I am a new user and clearly there is much to learn. But I have been buying content based on the nice pictures they show of the character you are buying. But once you have all that content, isn't there some simple way to load exactly the figure from the pictures you just purchased? As far as I can tell, all you get is all the individual pieces and you have to figure out how to use each of them correctly together to try and get close... which is extremely hard (see: impossible) for a new user like myself. I was hoping to just buy what the picture shows, fully assembled, and then make small modifications as I learn. Am I missing something or does the product not work that way?

Thank-you!

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited March 2013

scsprock said:

I am a new user and clearly there is much to learn. But I have been buying content based on the nice pictures they show of the character you are buying. But once you have all that content, isn't there some simple way to load exactly the figure from the pictures you just purchased? As far as I can tell, all you get is all the individual pieces and you have to figure out how to use each of them correctly together to try and get close... which is extremely hard (see: impossible) for a new user like myself. I was hoping to just buy what the picture shows, fully assembled, and then make small modifications as I learn. Am I missing something or does the product not work that way?

Thank-you!

You have different categories of content that you will need to apply to a figure. So you need:

Base figure (Genesis, V4, M4, etc.)
    Clothing
    Hair
    Character (Morphs and Textures)
    Poses
    Props

First you load the figure. Then you load the other things with the figure selected in order to apply them (by clicking the icons in your runtime or library). Basically, Generation 4 can only wear clothes for themselves (V4 needs V4 clothes, etc) but Genesis can wear clothes made for anything if you convert them in DAZ Studio.

EDIT: Here's the DAZ video tutorial section on Youtube to get you started in more detail. http://www.youtube.com/user/WWWDAZ3DCOM?feature=watch

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited March 2013

Well, no it does not work the way you would want to, you won´t get a fully assembled character with hair and clothing already on, which you could just load and make a picture. The pictures in the store only show off the product, so if you for example buy a dress, you don´t buy the character from the promo pictures with it as well. You have a base human figure (Genesis comes free with DAZ studio 4, older figures are V4, M4, V3, M3 etc., you would have to buy those older figures separately but you don´t need them when you have Genesis, which can wear all their clothing), you have to buy for it hair and clothes (or you can use the free hair and clothes that comes with DS4), and also poses (or you can pose it yourself, but that needs skill too). I think there are some pre-made scenes in the store, but I don´t have them, so I am not sure if they work the way you want, and they are not exactly cheap either.

Post edited by Proxima Shining on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

There are some products called "Ready to Render" bundles, which include the whole batch of products to make a particular scene. They're expensive, but if they are items you want it's a good deal. You can then load this scene and study how all the parts work, make changes to it, etc. There are a few that come built into DAZ Studio that you can try ou to get a feel for how all the pieces fit together.