Incoming Transmission From Moon Base Zero

vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
edited July 2017 in Art Studio

For about five or so years, Springfield Missouri had it's own local horror host show "The New Uncle Gregory Horror Hour". When he called it quits for good last year, I was gutted. But then I decided to do my own hosting show. Originally I planned on it being live action, but that requires stuff like costumes, and sets, and a halfway passable video camera. So, I shifted focus. Using Daz|Studio and Moho, I went to town. Behold, the pilot episode of Incoming Transmission From Moon Base Zero!

More episodes will be posted as soon as I can make them.

Post edited by vrba79 on

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Very cool!

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Very cool!

Thanks. I realize it looks a bit janky, but we all gotta start somewhere.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Well, speaking as someone who is animation impaired, I thought it was pretty good!

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Well done! That was a lot of fun. It might just be my age but I found the human voices of your animations a little hard to hear. The robot was fine though & the animations were great!  - BTW I lived in Springfield, MO. for about a year a long time ago.

Well done! That was a lot of fun. It might just be my age but I found the human voices of your animations a little hard to hear. The robot was fine though & the animations were great!  - BTW I lived in Springfield, MO. for about a year a long time ago.

I'll keep that in mind and boost the audio a bit in the second episode. Glad you enjoyed it though.

Well, speaking as someone who is animation impaired, I thought it was pretty good!

Thanks. I get the a lot of mileage out of that switch animation feature in Moho.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582

I gotta' admit, your video DOES have that feel of the old local station Saturday night horror host.  Even my local CBS affiliate has one long, long ago, Doctor Speculo.  To save a bit of time, I "jumped" the "serial" and "cartoon" features to focus upon your "host" segments.  I'm betting the henchman/servant (Lothar, was it?) was inspired by "Tor Johnson", a wrestler of the 50s arguably best remembered for his zombie-like character in "Plan 9 from Outer Space".  But your lead, the mad scientist, was he meant to be based upon particular actor?  To me, his voice sounded like a blend of a young Orson Wells and Vicent Price, but you may have had someone else in mind.

Would you mind elaborating?

Sincerely,

Bill

Redfern said:

I gotta' admit, your video DOES have that feel of the old local station Saturday night horror host.  Even my local CBS affiliate has one long, long ago, Doctor Speculo.  To save a bit of time, I "jumped" the "serial" and "cartoon" features to focus upon your "host" segments.  I'm betting the henchman/servant (Lothar, was it?) was inspired by "Tor Johnson", a wrestler of the 50s arguably best remembered for his zombie-like character in "Plan 9 from Outer Space".  But your lead, the mad scientist, was he meant to be based upon particular actor?  To me, his voice sounded like a blend of a young Orson Wells and Vicent Price, but you may have had someone else in mind.

Would you mind elaborating?

Sincerely,

Bill

Thanks for watching, and no I don't mind. Lopar is definitely based on Tor Johnson. In an unused draft of the script the professor explains that they met, when he accidentally clipped Lopar with his car, during a quiet drive through Yucca Flat. ;)

Professor Vornoff is based on two people in particular, VIncent Price being the most obvious inspiration, and John Carradine being the other. His surname "Vornoff" being taken directly from Bride of the Monster. 

edited August 2017

Brand new episode! Well, if you can call something that features public domain serials and TV pilot by Ed Wood "brand new!" X3

Also made some slight visual tweaks, they're the most noticable on Professor Vornoff.

Post edited by vrba79 on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I think you did an amazing job on both of your shows!!!!

edited August 2017

I think you did an amazing job on both of your shows!!!!

Thank you!
    Post edited by vrba79 on