Preset missing in "Smart content" Help!!

jsmcjsmc Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hey guys, I'm here because in Smart Content is missing "Presets", but strangely it's staying in the "Content library" and by any ways it's impossible for me to move presets to smart content. What's annoying is that I bought products on this site and then I can't use them..
Given that I just started with Daz, I'm getting lost so, pleaaaase, could anyone help me out here? :(
Thanks..

PS: I'm french so sorry if mistakes.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What Preset is it that you are trying to use?

Smart Content is controlled by the CMS (Content Management Service) which must be running, AND by Metadata which also must be supplied for the product. DAZ are going through the many thousands of items that are in the store here, and supplying Metadata for them, there are updates daily.

If you can see your item in the Content Library pane, then you can use it. The Content Library shows everything that you have installed, regardless if the CMS is running or not, and it also does not require Metadata either, that is why I use it. I am becomming more fond of Smart Content now since there are a lot more products with it, but in the beginning, there was only Genesis and it's items in there. It is much better now, but not yet perfect by any means.

• jsmcjsmc Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/10/1362838539-capture-d-ecran-2013-03-09-a-15-15-04.png
    Well, here's a screenshot. See, "Preset" isn't in Smart Content, whereas in videos like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_JlqDxUZ6w , Presets is indeed listed in the menu.. And then it's impossible for me to create any kind of model because I can't access to this item, in order to create skin, I guess.
    In fact, I'm talking for my mother, that doesn't get a word of english, and unfortunately I can't tell you what Preset she wants to use because.. she's gone. >< But I remember, she wants it to appear in Smart Content, so that she can use it. :/ So, if you say that I can use Presets, how, please ? http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/10/1362839078-capture-d-ecran-2013-03-09-a-15-24-07.png

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What’s annoying is that I bought products on this site and then I can’t use them..

If you want to use a Preset that does not appear in Smart Content, then use the one in the Content Library that does appear there, it will load in exactly the same way. If this is a Shader preset, you MUST have the item selected in the Scene pane AND the Surfaces pane for it to apply. You will not see a change in the viewport, you will have to Render to see the shader.

You still have not said what this Preset it, can you please give a link, or at least post an image of the Preset itself in the Content Library?

You do not need to use an image hosting website to post an image here, simply use the Browse button just above where you Submit your post, and browse to the image on your machine. The forum will resize the image as needed.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

The organization of Smart Content has changed. Many products have been updated, and some things that used to show up under the "Presets" category are now found in other categories, like "Materials," "Poses," etc. If you're looking to change the figure's skin, look in "Materials."

If you can provide more information about what exactly you are trying to do, we can guide you through the process. I don't speak French, but someone here probably does, in case it's easier to explain things that way.

• jsmcjsmc Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok thank you for answering. I'm started Daz 2 days ago. I bought several packs like Ethnicity for Genesis Bundle, Eyes maps generation 4 and more.
    Btw, I did like you said and now I can have "Presets" in Smart Content, even if it's empty. The skin I looked for is now in "Materials". And now to get the same "model" (preset and skin in SC) I always have to load it from some file in Presets.. But now it seems that what's wrong is with the kits bought: same, they're in Library but even if I load them, can't find or use them in Smart Content..

I'm sorry, I'm such a mess. x)

Scott: you're totally right, thank you so much for helping me!!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

my advice is forget about Smart Content at the moement and use the Content Library Pane instead until you understand what Smart Content really is.