What happened to the Toon shaders in DS 4.5?

Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I was playing about in DS (yeah, I know... what a surprise), and thought I'd give the Toon Rendering option a try. I did, and I liked what I got. Nice, with some improvements over previous versions.

Then I thought I'd try one of the Toon DS Shaders in the Shader Presets folder. I did, and rather than giving me the many options we used to get, I got a very truncated set that only allows for Diffuse color. No possibility for a Diffuse texture, no Bump Map options, Specular options, or even ramping options to change the number of changes in color from Diffuse to shaded.

What gives? Is this a new thing?

Comments

• TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

Did they work before ? I seem to remember discussing this before toon shader problem , I have not installed 4.5 yet but it does not surprise me :)

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

Oh! Thanks, TapiocaTundra. I didn't realize this was already a thing. Any idea on what Bug Report this was reported to DAZ? I'd love to add my confirmation that it should be looked at.

• TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

No. sorry. as I said in that old post I do not believe it is a bug, the stuff was missing, well in studio 4 it was. Takeo.Kensei said that he made some new presets for them for 4.5 in the same thread Takeo's post the link is there but I got a "You are not authorized to view this forum"message) do not know what that indicates.