Aiko 3 eye bug? (Solved)

TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
edited July 2017 in The Commons

There seem to be a problem with the Aiko 3 Side-Side right eye parameter, it rotates instead of going side-side and the zrot parameter is missing. I've tried to re-download and reinstall the package in DIM, doesn't help.

a3_eye_bug.jpg
739 x 881 - 117K
Post edited by Taoz on

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited July 2017

Just checked Hiro 3 and Stephanie 3, same problem. Seems to be a general generation 3 problem. Or maybe a DS problem (using 4.9.4.117)?

Post edited by Taoz on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,925

DS problem probably not looked, they work fine in Carrara ....

• Singular BluesSingular Blues Posts: 737
    edited July 2017

The (2) in front of Side-Side is telling that there are two properties in your selection with the label "Side-Side"

You have one node selected, which means the two live on that one node. You can't have two properties with same name on a node. So the fact that you have this display means they don't have the same name. Name is what Studio uses to track stuff. Label is what you can read. There's no limit to how many props can share a Label, but only one per name.

Further, all the <?> properties window are saying, "Hey, I have more than one value here, and they don't match, so I don't know which to display."

Finally, the Bleeding red color, rather than the normal red blue or green is saying, "These properties have the same label, but are not the same type." It typically only happens with basic node properties, Rot, Trans, Scale. Up down is basic red, so that one is X rotate. So, process of elimination says Y rotate and Z rotate have same label "Side-Side."

Right click the Parameters tab. Uncheck "Consolidate Properties." If that option doesn't appear, you need to upgrade your Studio to fix the issue.

After doing this, the two props should no longer appear as one. There will be two, distinct "Side-Side" sliders. Relabel the blue one zRot.

You'll need to save the figure to avoid doing this every time. I don't know how to save Gen3 figures in their native formats. Hopefully someone else will come along and explain. However, this will at least allow you make these usable until someone does.

Post edited by Singular Blues on

Right click the Parameters tab. Uncheck "Consolidate Properties." If that option doesn't appear, you need to upgrade your Studio to fix the issue.

Thanks for the explanation, the fix worked. But it happens to freshly loaded figures loaded into an empty scene, so it must be a problem with either the figures or DS as far as I can see?

• It is in the figures. I'm not sure why, but that's what it has to be. 

The only way to fix it is saving the figures again, as I doubt there'll be a lot of priority on pushing updates for Gen 3 characters.

OK. Thanks again!

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,585

Are we sure it's "Aiko 3 Eye Bug" and not "Aiko 3 Bug Eyes"? wink

Hey, I can tease as A3 and Melody for A3 are my favorite figures.

Sincerely,

Bill

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311
    edited July 2017

Ah, you mean this problem?  Bejaymac provided with a solution. Strangely, this bug does not appear in Poser....

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/29715/problem-with-the-right-eye-of-generation-2-and-3-figures

Post edited by glaseye on
    glaseye said:

Ah, you mean this problem?  Bejaymac provided with a solution. Strangely, this bug does not appear in Poser....

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/29715/problem-with-the-right-eye-of-generation-2-and-3-figures

Yes, it's that. Think I'll try to edit the cr2 and then update the zip so it's fixed even if I reinstall. Thanks!