How to get DIM to show those products I have already downloaded?

HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,930

Thanks in advance for advice on this, I know it must be simple but I havent found the right menu to click yet.

Post edited by Headwax on

Comments

• What are you wanting to see - installed files (can't be done) or manually downloaded zips (just palce them in the Install Maanger Downloads folder in Public Documents (by default).

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,930
    edited July 2017

Hi Richard, thanks for replying.

I'm using Carrara, I have downloaded a lot of stuff via dim and it's all en masse.

I'd like to download it again and this time change the download location depending on what the content is.

Eg Filter by V4 and then change the download location for that filter to Eg c:/V4Files.

That way I would have more of a chance on finding things. At the moment everything is like the pic - and this is just 'A to D' in the figure section.

Unfortunately Smart Content is a fail in Carrara as far as usability - takes far too long to populate (and requires the beta?).

a-d.jpg
    227 x 1322 - 179K
  • I'm still not sure what you want to do in DIM.

Sorry Richard!

I am moving to a new computer.

I have downloaded lots of things via DIM to my old computer - a computer which I still want to use.

I would like to download some of these products to the new computer - but instead of downloading them all to MyDazLibrary, I would like to filter them and change the default

download destination depending on the filter.

So everything related to V4 would go into a V4 Folder - rather than eg MyDazLibrary.

But to do this I need to be able to view products I have already downloaded.

Hope that makes sense. :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Are you talking about installing products to different libraries, or downloading the zips into different folders?  DIM supports the former, but not the latter.

edited July 2017

Hi Fixmypcmike

Yes I am talking about installing products to different libraries rather than the default.

So anything  that came up in the DIM filter V4 would go to a V4Folder.

I would then for example, make a filter for eg K4 and change the library folder to K4Folder and download what has come up under K4 .

My main question is to:  how see the products  I have already downloaded so that I can re-download them but put them in intelligently organised folders.

At the moment everything is piled up in the default folder eg-  matt poses for Medieval Buildings are in the same folder as Stephanie 4 figure poses.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

For installing to different locations, go to Settings > Installation and click the + sign in the lower left to add a new install path, then switch the "Current Path" to the one you want (I keep the "Shw Details" box ticked on the "Ready to Install" tab so I can see/change the current path easily.

If the products are already installed, you can select them on the Installed tab and uninstall them.  They will then show up on the "Ready to Install" tab if the downloads are still in the Downloads folder, or the "Ready to Download" folder if they aren't.  There isn't, unfortunately, a handy filter by Figure, as that information isn't something DIM has access to, so you might need to construct filters to get them all.

Thanks for explaining that Fixmypcmike .

I'll check that out when I get back to my machine.

Thanks for your patience.

regards from oz ;)