How to perform a fresh DS install ?

BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
edited July 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have ruled that due to this happening on my new tower and not my ROG laptop   https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/182631/vanishing-script-and-custom-categories#latest

This is only happening when I try adding scripts and the DS portion of my custom categories. Everything shows up in my content listings.

I have tried re importing my custom categories and re installing DS. Tested 2 external HD. This has me thinking that something has gone sideways with the directories or paths. I know one can remove all the files including program files, app data and registry. Would I need to remove them all to refresh my paths? Where are all those files located again (Win 10) it's been a while.

Post edited by Bobvan on

Comments

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652

Should I be posting in the commons? Seems like here and the technical help forum not getting much of a response..

• Have you tried, with DS closed, removing the customactions.dsx file from C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Daz 3D\Studio4? That will kill all custom actions (so I'd remove rather than delete) but you could then see if you were able to add new actions.

edited July 2017

That's what I was asking I did a fresh install once but it was over 8 years ago. If I remove that will the new one takes it's place once I re import? Will it affect any other functions as you say I can simply move the file..

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • If you move the file DS will not know any custom actions, but will otherwise be as before.

Im just hoping removing and refreshing will fix the problem if not I would just remove the whole DS4 folder from app data along with the folder in progrm files (after un installing DS) where is the file in regedit again? In case all fails and I want to do a fresh install.. that would be all I would need to remove from what I can recall..