March Madness - the rules of the game

12345679»

Comments

• TwoCansShortTwoCansShort Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

March Madness Is A Total Crock.
    Presently in my cart is toXic Branwen, Base Price=10.95 & Lorella The Elf Maiden, Base Price=16.95...Base Price total = 27.90 for both.
    Both items are from the March Madness Promo and qualify for 50% discount of the base price, so I should be charged 13.95, not 19.54 as indicated in my cart, right?
    The scary thing is I can reproduce this rip-off using any 2 qualifying March Madness items that don't contain a built-in 51% discount.
    When explaining this to Customer Service, I got a canned reply from Britney stating the 50% discount applies to the base price.
    She either didn't read the email or chose to ignore it. From a customer service standpoint, I don't know which is worse.
    >:(

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Fauvist said:
    No. It's not working. It hasn't worked all month. Two Stonemason products that are much older than 60 days, and which are on the 30% March Madness sale today. I add them to the cart, and it takes 30% off, not 50%. DAZ must have lost a fortune this month in people not buying because the sale wouldn't work correctly for them.

It's 50% from the list price, not the sale price.

Yep i was just about to say:
    The streets of Asia 2: full price is 35.95. -50% = $17.98
    City Ruins: Vehicles: full price is 14.95-50% = $7.48
    total: 25.46

50% off is working just as described in the rules of the thread. If you also have aiko 5/garibaldi/skull cove/platea/ iclone 5, you'd get a 10% off of 25.46

You know, maybe so many people wouldn't be so confused if DAZ just put the base price in the shopping cart and then deducted 50%. If you've got 13 items in the shopping cart and some of them are 30% and some are 50% and some are 60% and some are not on sale - or were on sale yesterday, or are less than 60 days old - and this changes every day - it's enough to make you just want to forget the whole thing.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Presently in my cart is toXic Branwen, Base Price=10.95 & Lorella The Elf Maiden, Base Price=16.95...Base Price total = 27.90 for both.
    Both items are from the March Madness Promo and qualify for 50% discount of the base price, so I should be charged 13.95, not 19.54 as indicated in my cart, right?
    The scary thing is I can reproduce this rip-off using any 2 qualifying March Madness items that don't contain a built-in 51% discount.
    When explaining this to Customer Service, I got a canned reply from Britney stating the 50% discount applies to the base price.
    She either didn't read the email or chose to ignore it. From a customer service standpoint, I don't know which is worse.

Works fine. There may have been an issue earlier, but check again, it's working fine here.

-- Morgan

Checkout.jpg
    707 x 485 - 67K
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Fauvist said:
    Ledhead said:
    Fauvist said:
    No. It's not working. It hasn't worked all month. Two Stonemason products that are much older than 60 days, and which are on the 30% March Madness sale today. I add them to the cart, and it takes 30% off, not 50%. DAZ must have lost a fortune this month in people not buying because the sale wouldn't work correctly for them.

It's 50% from the list price, not the sale price.

Yep i was just about to say:
    The streets of Asia 2: full price is 35.95. -50% = $17.98
    City Ruins: Vehicles: full price is 14.95-50% = $7.48
    total: 25.46

50% off is working just as described in the rules of the thread. If you also have aiko 5/garibaldi/skull cove/platea/ iclone 5, you'd get a 10% off of 25.46

You know, maybe so many people wouldn't be so confused if DAZ just put the base price in the shopping cart and then deducted 50%. If you've got 13 items in the shopping cart and some of them are 30% and some are 50% and some are 60% and some are not on sale - or were on sale yesterday, or are less than 60 days old - and this changes every day - it's enough to make you just want to forget the whole thing.

I certainly agree it would be better if the List Price was in the cart and then it showed the discounted price per item rather than down below. That way you could actually see what price you are paying for each product. The discount price below could be for a coupon or store credit rather than for the discounted sale price.

• edited December 1969

I have also received a canned reply. Feels as though they are rushed off their feet dealing with problems, and they are trying to deal with them by quoting lines from a script without even investigating the details of the issue. It just left me feeling both furious and disheartened that I would be fobbed off like this. I am guessing the Daz office will be closed for the weekend, so I am not expecting a result today or tomorrow, but if this is not resolved Monday Daz will have lost a sale. I will simply take my money elsewhere.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Fauvist said:

Fauvist, really. Just look at the picture of your cart that you posted. It has the correct discount applied.

The Streets Of Asia 2 - base price is $35.95, discounted price 30% off is $25.17 (=listed in cart)
    City Ruins : Vehicles - base price is $14.95, discounted price 30% off is $10.47 (=listed in cart)

And then look at the bottom of the cart, there are 3 numbers:
    Subtotal: $35.64
    Discount: -$10.18 ! ! ! (=this is the rest of the discount up to 50%)
    Grand total: $25.46

Total base price for both items would be $50.90 (35.95+14.95). One half (50%) from that price is $25.45. Which is the final price in your cart, how your own image proves (save for the the 0.01 difference, for which is probably DAZ store software to blame).

So the discount is working fine, has been all the time (except for March 2nd, when it had not been working well). It is just that the rest of the discount shows only in the cart under "discount", not by the respective items. Also, you must have the cart fully opened to see the final price with the correct 50% discount. When you just check from the store without fully opening the cart, you see only "Cart Subtotal" price, which does not show the 50% discount.

I am sorry for you that you missed so many sales because you did not look at the final price in cart properly (sometimes I have a similar problem and don´t see things which are right under my own nose until someone outright tells me, so I understand how this could happen). But then again, your credit card is probably very happy right now, so it is a win-win situation after all.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

(save for the the 0.01 difference, for which is probably DAZ store software to blame).

The difference is because the store calculates the discount on each item individually, rounds each to the nearest cent, then adds them together, whereas you added them together before calculating the discount.
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

For a short time, before midnight, ketch-up sale day 1 coexist with sale day 2, at least in Hot Promotion announcement page. Is functional this coexistence? Is it posible day 2 coexist with day 3?

• UlfrunUlfrun Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

It's weird how Aiko 5 pro & starter bundles both give the same additional discount at checkout. Oh well, will be giving that a miss again this time too.
    For anyone who has the 20% coupon it seems to work on pc items.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I spent nearly two weeks in a back-and-forth with Sales Support after the MM glitch back on the 2nd March. It's becoming sadly obvious that Support is now unable to handle certain types of problem. In straightforward refund requests, I had the usual rapid and complete resolution we've always had. When it comes to explaining messed-up sales due to various store glitches, we get half of our ticket posts ignored, and the rest misinterpreted, canned statements in reply that don't actually relate to what we've said, and total disbelief of screenshots and links to DAZ's own web pages clearly illustrating our problems.

I don't know what's happening here, whether Support is just overwhelmed by the mass of problems from the horribly glitchy new store that's never really worked right, or something else. It's certainly not reassuring.

• edited December 1969

Is anyone else finding that the extra 10% discount for owning certain items is no longer being applied in the shopping cart? I bought Garibaldi earlier in the month and the discount was working throughout the rest of the sale but now when I try putting items in cart it's just applying the 50% discount for 2 items or more.
    I've not seen anything anywhere that says we don't get the extra 10% during ketchup sale, another glitch? >:(

edited December 1969

Is anyone else finding that the extra 10% discount for owning certain items is no longer being applied in the shopping cart? I bought Garibaldi earlier in the month and the discount was working throughout the rest of the sale but now when I try putting items in cart it's just applying the 50% discount for 2 items or more.
    I've not seen anything anywhere that says we don't get the extra 10% during ketchup sale, another glitch? >:(

I see this problem in "My cart", but during checkout, before pay, discount is applied.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It seems to be working for me -- add 2 March Madness items, the Quick Cart shows just the 30% discount, but if you Go To Shopping Cart it subtracts another 36% off that (50%/70%=71%, 71%*90%=64%)

• edited December 1969

Seems to be ok now.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

AUGH.

Apparently, even if you take a cart all the way to paypal, and then you wonder "what would the price be without this one thing?" and you open another window and test the price, your cart at paypal changes too... I clicked the pay button and it only bought the ONE thing, not the two. And now i STILL don't have eyeris.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG.

you'd think if you were in the middle of a paypal transaction, with the cart there, it wouldn't change that without confirming a change first!

GRR.

I can't pay for the price of Eyeris alone. If I ask for a refund on the other item, to repurchase it together with eyeris, it'll be too late.

I'm screwed.
    :(

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
    edited March 2013

At this moment Shimuzu's store is supposed to be on sale. I add a $19.95 character Christian to the shopping cart. Look at the shopping cart. There is NO discount applied to it.

I GIVE UP. THERE'S A LOT OF STUFF I WANT TO BUY BUT THIS IS JUST TOO FRUSTRATING.

Screen_shot_2013-03-31_at_12.15_.03_AM_.png
    877 x 698 - 212K
    Screen_shot_2013-03-31_at_12.13_.18_AM_.png
    1006 x 766 - 563K
    Screen_shot_2013-03-31_at_12.12_.30_AM_.png
    1192 x 249 - 130K
    Post edited by Fauvist on
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    For a short time, before midnight, ketch-up sale day 1 coexist with sale day 2, at least in Hot Promotion announcement page. Is functional this coexistence? Is it posible day 2 coexist with day 3?

Like a clock, "coexistence time is here". :DD

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Fauvist said:
    At this moment Shimuzu's store is supposed to be on sale. I add a $19.95 character Christian to the shopping cart. Look at the shopping cart. There is NO discount applied to it.

I GIVE UP. THERE'S A LOT OF STUFF I WANT TO BUY BUT THIS IS JUST TOO FRUSTRATING.

Yes, Daz have messed the PA store sales up. They have not changed the all march madness items listing since Friday but most of those are no longer on sale. The only thing they have changed is the new items that are on sale.

• UlfrunUlfrun Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

I spent nearly two weeks in a back-and-forth with Sales Support after the MM glitch back on the 2nd March. It's becoming sadly obvious that Support is now unable to handle certain types of problem. In straightforward refund requests, I had the usual rapid and complete resolution we've always had. When it comes to explaining messed-up sales due to various store glitches, we get half of our ticket posts ignored, and the rest misinterpreted, canned statements in reply that don't actually relate to what we've said, and total disbelief of screenshots and links to DAZ's own web pages clearly illustrating our problems.

I don't know what's happening here, whether Support is just overwhelmed by the mass of problems from the horribly glitchy new store that's never really worked right, or something else. It's certainly not reassuring.

Where's the like button? :)
    I also had these problems, despite clearly showing the maths and got ridiculous responses. It took a few attempts back and forth to figure out that their explanation was I hadn't been getting pc discount because I was ordering a pc annual renewal. Um.. it's a RENEWAL, and I already explained it was the mm discount that wasn't applying at checkout. I shouldn't need to ask 3 times what the heck they're on about, only to find they've missed the point.
    Got my refund, then had dual accounts, they fixed that, then I lost my pc benefits. I tried to clarify the problems with mm discounts and how I was unable to buy things because of it, but everything kept getting misinterpreted. So I gave up. Anything that didn't work properly got dumped from my cart. Too much hassle.

• edited December 1969

Still... still vainly waiting for an answer to... how does the final(?) 20% semi-exclusive coupon fit into the DAZ Three-Step Shuffle? So I reckon that means I'm not getting one. :blank:

At least my debit card's very, very happy - total MM expenditure... nothing... :-)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Still... still vainly waiting for an answer to... how does the final(?) 20% semi-exclusive coupon fit into the DAZ Three-Step Shuffle? So I reckon that means I'm not getting one. :blank:

At least my debit card's very, very happy - total MM expenditure... nothing... :-)

Takes 20% off the final amount, so instead of paying 45% of the base price (assuming you have one of the bonus items for the extra 10%) you pay 36%

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited December 1969

Well, wrapping up this March Madness I had to say I was rather underwhelmed, and that concerns me.

On the bright side, I filled up my cart with shaders by Mariah, khory and others, bulked out my collection of Dogz clothing, and added some cool new items like Zev/Dragonstorms wonderful new hose/shader packages and Maclean's morphing primitives.

Unfortunately, the excitement was all on the PA side, with the DAZ half of the equation being a lot more lacking. While there were a number of new outfits, I can't say that any of them were major standouts, and the fact that I'll be able to get any of the D.O.s for less just by waiting a few months really made most of them non-movers anyway. I didn't even use my Platinum Coupon until the last week of the month, because I kept waiting for something to really grab me. In the end, I used it on a four year old V4 outfit, and my total spending for the month ended up being $162.18... which includes my monthly Platinum Club payment.

Now, that may not sound like such a small amount, but consider that during the same time period, my Renderosity Render Rewards statement shows me having spent over $500.00 there. Even if we hop back and allow my purchase of the A5 Pro Bundle in February to count as part of March Madness, I still spent twice as much at Rendo during what's supposed to be DAZ's biggest sale of the year. And I only use Genesis now.

I don't know... the PAs keep turning out great stuff, and I like the new figures well enough, but I keep wondering if DAZ really has its finger on the pulse of what this market is looking for, or if I'm the one who's marching in a different direction.

edited December 1969

So yea, today is a great catch up sale. Blast it.

Even if i had money, the discounts aren't working right.

http://www.daz3d.com/project-eyeris
    $19.95, base price.
    2 MM items in cart, mega catchup sale, so -50% = 9.975
    -10% from having Aiko5: $8.985

http://www.daz3d.com/sheer-greatness
    $17.95, base price
    -50% = $8.975
    -10% from Aiko5: 8.085

total: $17.07

total in Daz cart: $18.96

Clearly it's not taking off the Aiko 5 10% anymore.

Mistake?

edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I bought 53 out of the 160 new releases during this month. Plus I trimmed my wishlist back from a good bit over 200 down to around 123.

I spent $1200 this March Madness, including Carrara and an annual PC subscription, and I didn't start spending until the 13th, because I was broke the first half of the month. So...yeah. Most was on PA items, true, but that's because the discount on DO items was so steep and the back-catalog so deep.

...the fact that I’ll be able to get any of the D.O.s for less just by waiting a few months really made most of them non-movers anyway.

Look, 68.5% off DAZ Originals is comparable with the best discounts you ever get during the year. There will be no more than pennies difference between the DO prices during MM and the best prices offered during sales during the rest of the year.

Anyhow, I think it was an excellent sale, and my wishlist is vastly leaner for it. As is my pocketbook. ;)

-- Morgan

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

This is getting a bit ridiculous ... poor Alia!
    (I mean it! {hugs})

Grand Total $17.06 For me, but I have Aiko5 and Garibaldi, so maybe it is Garibaldi kicking in for the 10% ...

edited April 2013

Greetings,

So yea, today is a great catch up sale. Blast it.

Even if i had money, the discounts aren't working right.

http://www.daz3d.com/project-eyeris
    $19.95, base price.
    2 MM items in cart, mega catchup sale, so -50% = 9.975
    -10% from having Aiko5: $8.985

http://www.daz3d.com/sheer-greatness
    $17.95, base price
    -50% = $8.975
    -10% from Aiko5: 8.085

total: $17.07

total in Daz cart: $18.96

Clearly it's not taking off the Aiko 5 10% anymore.

Mistake?

Shows as 17.06 for me in cart. You may have been caught in the changeover, the discounts are always wonky the first hour (or so, sometimes) after the changeover.

I have Aiko 5 only, of the 'anchor' bundles, fwiw.

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
    edited December 1969

hmm i think i know "part* of the issue... I keep being logged out. I can add things to my cart, try to check out, log in, go to cart, I'm logged out. I log in, go to my cart, I'm logged out....

system is not seeing me logged in for some reason so it probably not seeing that I bought aiko 5.

sigh.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

{{{more hugs}}}
    Sorry - I can't offer something else than virtual hugs ...

(Apart from clearing the cache and cookies of your browser, closing it and restarting it)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Try deliberately logging out and logging back in - that often, but not invariably, fixes the issue for a while.

• daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459
    edited April 2013

After an initial bit of confusion over seeing discounts applied, I took the plunge and am very pleased that I did! Thank you, DAZ! Now I've got a lot of new 'toys' to play with! :)

Post edited by daveleitz on