UFO ships

I am a big fan of UFO's, here at Daz you offer some cool ones but I would like to see more maybe a Black Triangle (yea I know there is a poser one over at that other store but its old ) The classic speedster as described by Bob Lazar, or maybe one like the forbidden planet with landing gear that can be raised and a ramp that could be deployed. The options are unlimited. Since there has been a good influx of alien characters thanks to Josh Crockett and RawArt I need something to fly them around in.

Comments

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

A black triangle-style UFO should be able to be created with prim shapes, so long as you can create emissive spheres at exactly the same equal location on the underside near each point, plus the larger one in the middle.

• A black triangle-style UFO should be able to be created with prim shapes, so long as you can create emissive spheres at exactly the same equal location on the underside near each point, plus the larger one in the middle.

Thanks for that tip I was looking for something with a bit more style. Here's an example of the Black Triangle from that other shop with IRay Materials. I guess I have to tweak it a bit more.

a solar warden.jpg
    5100 x 3300 - 8M

I remember seeing that product when it was first listed. The thing is, if you're going for authenticity, there have been no pictures or video with them having a lot of those details, like those extended weapon turrets. They're just smooth triangular shapes, like today's stealth aircraft are (although, clearly, they're not that, as there have been reports of the same design going back to at least the 1950s, if not further). It's not even clear where the four ventral glowing lights are meant to be coming from (they could be physical light, propulsion or simply from part of the hull glowing for some unknown reason), though I think embedded spherical shapes with emissive surfaces should achieve the relevant efffect. Especially with some heat bloom placed on it for Iray rendering.

If you want cluttering over the surface just to make it visually interesting, then DZ Fire's three Nurnies/Greebles sets are excellent for that.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited July 2017

I love the term UFO; obviously any object, which is flying, and is unidentified, is a UFO; as soon as it is deemed to be a 'flying saucer',some sort of alien craft, or named in some way it is an IFO (Identified FO). cheeky Of course there could be levels of identified, or unidentified, but that would just get confusing.

But on topic, yeh more of these would be fun

Post edited by nicstt on

Well, that small percentage of objects which defy conventional explanation is what should be of interest, in regards to this subject. Doctor J Allen Hynek's 'The UFO Report' (republished in more recent years) is still an excellent volume for those who wish to examine it from a more rationally scientific viewpoint. It's disappointing that, even after all this time, the field is rife with sensationalism on one end and mockery on the other, which both work together to keep any legitimate scientific investigation being carried out.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited July 2017

I've been asked if I believe in UFOs; my answer has always been yes, but I have also asked them what they mean by UFO.

I'm not skeptical about the existence of life elsewhere, it seems pretty damn likely; is it intelligent? No clue, but doesn't seem impossible with what we know.

... Would 'they' come and visit us? Perhaps. Would 'they' let us see them (Surely 'let' is the operative word here, as I would guess their technology is far in advance of ours.)? Without an understanding of their psychology, it is impossible to guess, but projecting our own on to them, then yes they would, but if we're projecting our own, we'd be already enslaved or wiped out if that was the case - we don't seem to be a very tolerant species, at least that is my understanding; but presuming that curiosity in some state is present in all higher lifeforms (many animals exhibit it), then they could be just curious.

Post edited by nicstt on