[Released] Peeled Orange Skin Shader for Genesis 8 & 3 Female(s) (commercial)

PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
edited August 2017 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hey guys,

Just another little product coming down the pipeline. 

Hope you enjoy it. And as always, your comments and inputs are appreciated, smiley

-P

DESCRIPTION:

Wanting to get more into abstract art? Looking to reproduce that "Dali" look, or simply mix up your style a bit more? Well, the Peeled Orange Skin Shader will surely get your creativity juices flowing again.

Simply apply the shader to your Genesis 3 or 8 characters, then change the skin material as desired. This shader can stack with any other material or shader products in your library (as long as they do not require opacity maps). Also included are 6 sample materials to get you started with, as well as displacement map options.

01-MAIN-Peeled-Orange-Skin-Shader-Daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 628K
02-Peeled-Orange-Skin-Shader-Daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 811K
04-Peeled-Orange-Skin-Shader-Daz3d.jpg
2000 x 800 - 997K
05-Peeled-Orange-Skin-Shader-Daz3d.jpg
1600 x 900 - 773K
06-Peeled-Orange-Skin-Shader-Daz3d.jpg
1599 x 900 - 727K
03a-Peeled-Orange-Skin-Shader-Daz3d.jpg
1385 x 900 - 798K
03b-Peeled-Orange-Skin-Shader-Daz3d.jpg
2000 x 900 - 1M
Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited July 2017

Oh, man... that is not at all what I envisioned when I read "orange peel skin!" LOL (I was thinking it was something to add pores to skin... How, I have no idea... you PAs do remarkable things...)

But I love what you can do with this product! What a cool idea...

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • L'Adair said:

Oh, man... that is not at all what I envisioned when I read "orange peel skin!" LOL (I was thinking it was something to add pores to skin... How, I have no idea... you PAs do remarkable things...)

But I love what you can do with this product! What a cool idea...

lol, well maybe I will have to nix the "orange" part of the name, if it gets to be confusing to people... I was deliberating about the title for a while... lets see what others say about it.

-P 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Not what i though either although it does fit once I made the connection.  This would be awesome for mummys or ghosts as well. Would it work on a geo shell? To do like layers?  Just curious, this would be awesome to overlay onto a characer as well, like a second skin... Sorry, I can be a bit weird at times lol.

• PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited July 2017

Good question. I had to test it to get an answer for you, but I am happy to report that it does work with Geoshells. So yes, you can use it to layer things on top of the skin (instead of cutting out the skin itself).

Liking your creative thinking there,

-P

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,955
    edited July 2017

hmmm looking at this I see more of a peeled apple look than an orange peel ,ya know how ya try to get a nice even ribbon of apple skin off in one long piece .... oranges not so much you just take chunks until the fruit is free ..unless you cut them into 8ths and eat the fruit out of the skin ......

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • Peeled apple could work too. Googling "peeled orange effect" and "peeled apple effect" renders similar results.

Lets see what QA comes back with. Even just "Peeled" could suffice.

-P

400-04220974c-Masterfile-nndemidchick.jpg
    774 x 500 - 38K
    apple-peel.jpg
    849 x 566 - 44K

Good question. I had to test it to get an answer for you, but I am happy to report that it does work with Geoshells. So yes, you can use it to layer things on top of the skin (instead of cutting out the skin itself).

Liking your creative thinking there,

-P

oh that is awesome!  This will be a fun one to play with...Being able to use it on geo shells, will be able to make some cool masking effects and body armour kind of things with the right shaders (of which I have many lol).

• added one more promo; 

03b-Peeled-Orange-Skin-Shader-Daz3d.jpg
    2000 x 900 - 1M
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,955

must be me with no patience with oranges!! looks really cool

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

This is an incredible idea! I know the title doesn't suggest this, but the description indicates it can also be used with Genesis 3? If so, I have a very good use for this.

• This is an incredible idea! I know the title doesn't suggest this, but the description indicates it can also be used with Genesis 3? If so, I have a very good use for this.

Yep. yes It works with G3 too, since they both use the same UVs. 

-P

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,778

I, too, expected a skin pore product based on the name. "Peeled" should be sufficient.

• I can see me using this, I do weird enough stuff already ;).  I think if you made the subject "Orange Peel Skin" it would be less confusing.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,832
    edited July 2017

I thought of sunburned orange people. 

Can this be used on a geoshell to make weird aliens or zombies?

Edit is it iRay or 3Delight?

Post edited by Sfariah D on

haha great minds think alike!  I asked about the geo shells too and he was kind enough to test it out.  The happy answer is yes, it works on geo shells.  Have no idea if it works in 3Delight though

• PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited July 2017

haha great minds think alike!  I asked about the geo shells too and he was kind enough to test it out.  The happy answer is yes, it works on geo shells.  Have no idea if it works in 3Delight though

It should work in 3DL just fine. The core of this product is opacity maps (and secondarily displacement maps). So all you would have to do is set the opacity maps in your 3DL shader.

Or what about something like; "Peeled like an Orange: Skin Shader for G8F"?

-P

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

Me too! I thought it had to do with spray tans and certain country leaders. I'm glad it's more a-peelin' than that!

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Now that is released any chance of a separate produduct to give the effect to clothing :)

I've got to dig up enough pennies to pick this up before it goes off the new product price.  I can't wait to try this out with the geo shells...

• dkgoose said:

Now that is released any chance of a separate produduct to give the effect to clothing :)

Unfortunately, there is no way to add this effect across multiple clothing items, since it is based on the UV maps, and each UV map is different for each set of clothing. If it is done, it would have to be on a per-item basis.

-P

Gotcha makes sense, maybe using it on the geoshells and add fabric shaders to make them into shredded clothing :)

I purchased it yesterday but on vacation away from home so sadly can't play with any of the new toys till Sunday or Monday 

• NathNath Posts: 2,735

I'm trying to give up buying things at only 30% off, but I'm glad I made an exception for this...

Does anyone know where to find an 'orange' texture? (or any other citrus fruit)

stars 2.png
    961 x 982 - 425K
  • dkgoose said:

Gotcha makes sense, maybe using it on the geoshells and add fabric shaders to make them into shredded clothing :)

Yes, that is definitely possible. Simply create a Geoshell over the G8 character. Then you can apply any cloth material to it and you will have an instant mummy-wrap effect around the body.

-P

Nath said:

Does anyone know where to find an 'orange' texture? (or any other citrus fruit)

I think this is the one I used for my promo above.

-P

• NathNath Posts: 2,735

Thanks!