Deep Space by Oskarsson

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,562
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hey, I really love Deep Space by Oskarsson. This is a very nice set for generating space backdrops. I hope there is an expansion! This is just what I've been looking for quite a while!

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I love this product myself. EXCEPT for the texture mapping. Explain to me WHAT Earth that is. Past, Future or what. It's has no map I've ever seen before on it. And I'll never get a REAL map on it the way its UV'ed.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,562
    edited December 1969

I noticed the UV very interesting. One thing I would really like which is not included is a black starry background suitable for deep space.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited March 2013

not to take anything away from Oskarsson's nice work but you can#t get better than freeeeeee http://blackraven3d.com/ I think Salashin's Space Enviro Kit it a great piece of kit.

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

That's a nice set Szark, however, it doesn't say it is available for commercial use.....At least that I can find.

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 882
    edited December 1969

Black starry background, earth texture ... might be I am working on something you`ll like ;)

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Black starry background, earth texture ... might be I am working on something you`ll like ;)

Excellent!! I rather like the product. Would love the black background.

edited December 1969

That's a nice set Szark, however, it doesn't say it is available for commercial use.....At least that I can find.
    As far as I tell commerical use is ok in regards to using it in images. I will go and check and report back when I get up in the morning.
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    That's a nice set Szark, however, it doesn't say it is available for commercial use.....At least that I can find.As far as I tell commerical use is ok in regards to using it in images. I will go and check and report back when I get up in the morning.

Thanks Szark. The readme was sort of unclear to me.

Me too! would buy it for sure. I love anything space, and would really love to render from within daz and not venture into the world of vue or Bryce....But would love a black background with stars....Maybe a nebula or a few asteroids.... Hmm... Wonder if I can import those into it from heart of space... I can see I'll have to try it.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Flipmode said:

perk Easy Environment: Space?

It's the final frontier, don't'cha know? ;)

Anyhow, just a guess... You do good stuff, so I'll be looking forward to it, one way or another.

-- Morgan

edited March 2013

Szark said:
    As far as I tell commerical use is ok in regards to using it in images. I will go and check and report back when I get up in the morning.

Thanks Szark. The readme was sort of unclear to me.
    Yeah me too. There are two permission readmes, one JPL http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/imagepolicy/ and the other from the maker which say free personal use and Redristribution is ok if it remains free. No mention of Commercial at all sorry..

Post edited by Szark on