Trying to find a product...

icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
edited December 1969 in The Commons

At one time there was a product in the store that allowed you to turn certain models into plastic toy soldiers. It had the materials and the bases for them.

I have tried every combination of words and phrases I can thing of with no luck.

Does anyone remember the product, know it's name and the vendor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

you mean for rendering or for actual creation of a plastic object?

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited March 2013

This? http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/4902/start I can't find it in the store, though...perhaps it got vaulted...

This one is similar...kind of: http://www.daz3d.com/people/textures-skin-maps/generation-4-statues

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

My guess is that it has either been retired or vaulted (amounts to the same thing, right?)...

The Combat Action Poses are still in the store. And it looks, just by the one pic on the wiki page, that some of the poses are the same. The bases and materials won't be there, but using scaled cube primitives and just diffuse colors should get you close...

http://www.daz3d.com/combat-action-poses

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes it was an M3 things afaicr, so quite possibly ended up in the vault.

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited December 1969

It was a few shaders and some props to represent stands.
    It also had more than a dozen products in its requirements (weapons, uniforms and such)

edited December 1969

Here's a render of what I was saying....

The pose one of the Genesis basic male poses. The base is a scaled cube, parented to Genesis. The color is just the same diffuse color applied to everything (I used a color picker and grabbed the olive drab color from the wiki page) with the the it set to Glossy Plastic and the specular color to a light blue at about 75% on Glossines and 50% on Specular Strength.

I didn't bother to add clothes or props...but just apply the same settings to everything...

armyman.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 149K
    edited December 1969

that's a pretty cool shader... shouldn't it be easily recreated?

edited December 1969

To me it just looks like some presets for the default shader...I think what I came up with is pretty close and it's just setting the color and specular settings on the default. Saving it as a preset would apply it more easily.

edited December 1969

Well, here's 5 UberSurface presets to create plastic army guys....

Right now, they are DS4.5 format (duf), will do them in DS3 (dsa) before I put them up.

The first image is Genesis wearing a bunch of Gary Childress's stuff (suspenders, pants, shirt, helmet), ice-boy's workboots and a pistol from somewhere. The base is simply a scaled cube.

The second pic, with all the colors, uses David D'Champ's Plastic Soldier (very low poly and has path issues, but usable once you get around that).

plasticarmy.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 378K
    armyman1.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 323K
    edited December 1969

OOH! You mean I get to get out my firecrackers and blow up Genesis Army Guys like I used to do when I wuz 5?

edited March 2013

wancow said:
    OOH! You mean I get to get out my firecrackers and blow up Genesis Army Guys like I used to do when I wuz 5?

Yeah....

You ever take a big magnifying glass and melt some with it?

Just need to write some documentation to go with them. The Gazer stuff is almost ready, too...so I'll be posting both of them tonight. (I had to redo the Gazer presets, because I put the materials in the wrong place...oops...ran into path/file not found issues...)

It's up...

http://www.sharecg.com/v/67877/view/7/Material-and-Shader/Plastic-Army

Post edited by mjc1016 on