Clothes An Average Person Would Wear

dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

This is the sort of thing that would make me go mad for March madness. Maybe a decent shirt with material zones and morphs to create appropriate seams to go along with transparencies? A pair of mid-length pants a man might reasonably wear? Or maybe SUPER PANTS with material zones and such!

Super pants... Maybe someday... Someday...

Actually, this is less about March Madness and more about clothes in general. I can find all manner of corset, no problem, but the hunt for an appropriate t-shirt can often be elusive. I guess I just keep hoping for more generic, but high quality, clothing. Same goes for props and furniture, but maybe I'm just bad at finding what I want.

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited March 2013

With the right fabric shader presets, the Genesis Supersuit can easily be a pair of regular (or super?) pants. It even comes with presets to make it look like regular pants (hiding the rest of it, and if desired, making the pantlegs not hug Genesis's legs or even form cuffs). Similarly, you can make it into a regular T-shirt and many other regular types of clothing.

Thread with more information: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8116/
    Example (not mine): http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/5487/

Note: I'm not trying to argue with your overall point that there aren't enough regular clothes in the store. :)

Edited to add: maybe you're already aware of this, but for anyone who isn't...wilmap has some excellent free clothing at sharecg, including a lot of everyday-type items: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Wilmap

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • FuselingFuseling Posts: 242
    edited December 1969

You should also check out Sickleyield. She makes good pants, whether here or in her Renderosity store, and I know her classics packs over there have some good shirts in them.

(I do not benefit commercially from the sale of Sickleyield's classics packs at Renderosity; I just wanted you to know since you asked.)

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

dan.shive said:
    This is the sort of thing that would make me go mad for March madness. Maybe a decent shirt with material zones and morphs to create appropriate seams to go along with transparencies? A pair of mid-length pants a man might reasonably wear? Or maybe SUPER PANTS with material zones and such!

Super pants... Maybe someday... Someday...

Actually, this is less about March Madness and more about clothes in general. I can find all manner of corset, no problem, but the hunt for an appropriate t-shirt can often be elusive. I guess I just keep hoping for more generic, but high quality, clothing. Same goes for props and furniture, but maybe I'm just bad at finding what I want.

Some items like you suggest would be welcome. A 'super' skirt could be really useful, too, if it had the kind of morphs and material zones the super suit has.

• Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344
    edited December 1969

4blueyes also has tons of great "every day" clothes, like the Real Feel shirts... and that store is in the madness sale right now.

I agree with your sentiment though, there are very few options for modest "every day" wear clothing products on the market — way too many vendors focus on how much cleavage or skin can be shown, or how unique the designs they make can be, rather than making them the most practical or plain looking.

At least we aren't seeing new miniskirts being released daily any longer. :coolsmirk:

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think vendors want to stand out and avoid making the everyday items, but those are potentially the most universally useful items a person could possibly make. A vendor could stand out by making such everyday items well, with morphs, material zones, props properly to scale, etc. Heck. if I was a better modeler, I would be filling this void myself.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited December 1969

I guess that with all Everyday wear for V3/M3/D3/V4/M4 they probably see the market for ordinary everyday clothes as party saturated.
    But I do agree, more regular stuff is always welcome. I know RealmsArt makes some great everyday clothes available both at Cornucopia and YURDigital.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I just would love some normal clothing for genesis males that are detailed without the 'doughy' look. Pants with seams, pockets and zippered fronts. Morphs so that I can put whatever shoes I want on the legs of the pants. Layerable shirts and tops. Cloaks that don't conform to the body when posed so I can actually use em.

Some practical sci-fi wear including tunics, trousures made for genesis. Please no bikinis or holes showing navels or cleavage. Accessories lilke belts, jewelry and sashes that fit and adjust for different outifts.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited March 2013

dan.shive said:
    I think vendors want to stand out and avoid making the everyday items, but those are potentially the most universally useful items a person could possibly make. A vendor could stand out by making such everyday items well, with morphs, material zones, props properly to scale, etc. Heck. if I was a better modeler, I would be filling this void myself.

This is a good topic., I have found there is tons of normal everyday wear at renderosity.com for both genesis and poser.
    But here at Daz3d.com I'm just happy if the venders make their products work for gen4 in.Daz , PP2 or pz2 file formats so the product works in poser without having to use dson. :)

Post edited by Ivy on
  • dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Some practical sci-fi wear including tunics, trousures made for genesis. Please no bikinis or holes showing navels or cleavage. Accessories lilke belts, jewelry and sashes that fit and adjust for different outifts.

Or, if you ARE going to have holes for navels and/or cleavage, use material zones instead. This will have the added bonus of making it so there are good and evil versions of clothes, as we all know that women who turn villainous always wind up wearing skimpier clothing due to their rage raising their body temperatures.
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I just would love some normal clothing for genesis males that are detailed without the 'doughy' look. Pants with seams, pockets and zippered fronts. Morphs so that I can put whatever shoes I want on the legs of the pants. Layerable shirts and tops. Cloaks that don't conform to the body when posed so I can actually use em.

For male clothing have you tried dzheng's stuff on Rendo?

I agree completely about everyone. I've even download Hexagon so I can learn how to make myself some of that stuff.

• Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344
    edited December 1969

Dynamic clothes are helpful for that sort of thing, but a little technical to set up at times.

• FuselingFuseling Posts: 242
    edited December 1969

Sickleyield has made items that fit most of your criteria. Her clothes always have extra movement and style morphs and are very easy to layer; I often use them with other, less layerable items because they have enough extra morphs to make up for what other clothing items may lack. Most of her pants have seams, pockets, and zippers (depending on whether they are a modern or fantasy look) and include morphs to open the zippers if so desired. :)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    edited December 1969

dan.shive said:

Or, if you ARE going to have holes for navels and/or cleavage, use material zones instead. This will have the added bonus of making it so there are good and evil versions of clothes, as we all know that women who turn villainous always wind up wearing skimpier clothing due to their rage raising their body temperatures.

I stay away from transparency zones when possible. I like pure mesh, with details and seams as opposed to simple mesh with trans maps, displacement and such .

it's funny, i spend lots of time looking thru the marketplaces and while i don't want any "normal" boring outfits, I see plenty. For example, female jeans and T-shirts, with added textures you can make yourself, Hongyu or 3D-age, even kobamax at renderosity have this covered for the most part and the mesh is quality enough to work on gen 4 or genesis. then again, my characters don't dress like homeless bag ladies though, LOL You also have the baggy jeans and shirt/tank that come with bad guy for genesis and M4 from Smay

I rarely use male characters, but this is my goto outfit for none scifi/fantasy wear for M4 or genesis as the style is what I wear at times and the mesh is quality.
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/casual-wear-for-m4/95009/

I see threads like this often and I get the impression many just don't take the time to look at what is out there or just have very picky tastes

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

fuseling said:

Sickleyield has made items that fit most of your criteria. Her clothes always have extra movement and style morphs and are very easy to layer; I often use them with other, less layerable items because they have enough extra morphs to make up for what other clothing items may lack. Most of her pants have seams, pockets, and zippers (depending on whether they are a modern or fantasy look) and include morphs to open the zippers if so desired. :)

Yes, this is correct. There isn't a void. Check out the Morphing Business Suit here, which SickleYield and I did. It has every morph you could possibly think of in both pants and jacket and there's a shirt in the expansion with multiple material zones. There's Flower Power as well.

I think there's lots of every day wear in the Daz store. You just have to look for it.

edited December 1969

I admit I don't go to Rendo so selling here on DAZ would be great. I like SickleYield's clothing. Very nice.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

I used to complain about this regularly, but I don't find much cause anymore. There's a lot more choice in this area, here and at other stores, than there used to be. I'm another SickleYield fan, and there are also sets like "Town and Country" for Genesis that fill this role nicely.

Sharp edges are still a bit hard to manage for Genesis clothing with smoothing turned on, but vendors are finding ways around that as well. We might need an enhancement for smoothing weight maps before we see a good sharp pleated skirt for Genesis, though. ;)

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited December 1969
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    edited December 1969

I admit I don't go to Rendo so selling here on DAZ would be great. I like SickleYield's clothing. Very nice.

Really? talk about limiting your options. I spend double there than I do here and I am a genesis user mostly..

SickleYield's work has tons of options, but to me also has that doughy look to the mesh you talk about.

edited December 1969

Dough is tough to avoid with genesis clothing. . Rendo has lots of talented vendors, and stuff I would love to buy, but I just decided not to shop there for personal reasons, although I would buy from vendors if they sold off site, but yeah, I agree it is limiting.=-)

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited March 2013

Has Wilmaps stuff been mentioned yet?
    http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Wilmap

She's the single most prolific clothing creator for Genesis... and most of it is contemporary every day stuff.

Post edited by wancow on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited December 1969

And today we got some basic stuff ;-)

• Paula SandersPaula Sanders Posts: 321
    edited December 1969

I would like some torn and threadbare clothing. I do modify some textures either in Vue or DAZ but it would be nice to have some clothes that don't fit. I do work itch them as I work or in post work. I am also a Sickleyield fan and have found her clothes the most adaptable.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

DogZ has some good everyday clothes. His clothes have lots of morphs to adjust them for mix and match and layering.
    http://www.daz3d.com/dogz

• Paula SandersPaula Sanders Posts: 321
    edited December 1969

Thanks, barbult - .

I went to the store even though he was not listed for March Madness and added the jersey and extension to my cart and I got the March madness discount of 50% total. I usually do not get these lucky breaks cause I remember seeing these items earlier.