MEC4D HDRI Gardens Vol.1 - Megapack

Hi guys, I just bought MEC4D HDRI Gardens Vol.1 - Megapack which looks great.  In the purchase page it shows some great shots of a stream or small lake.  Can anyone find those?  I din't see them anywhere.

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Hi, that is Stonemason 3D Fern Lake , the HDRI was used for lite it up, it blends so well that why you may mistake it for photo shots ;)

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

I bought this tonight, loaded/installed via DIM, but when I click on the RENDER files (accessing from Content Library / Products), I do not see the HDRI in Render Settings / Environment / Environment Map (the Daz default map is there instead). I tried loading ALL of the RENDER files, but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

You talk about the HDRI Gardens vol.1 ? all you need to do is using the scene files High and Low versions and the Cameras . Do you get any error message ? do you have enough VRam in your card ?  can you locate the HDRI in the folder and see if it is there and try to load any of them manually to see if it load to your graphic card ? let me know so I know more what is going on, I did not noticed any issues yet with this set from nobody so It should load without issues the moment you open the included scenes .

Cath

xyer0 said:

I bought this tonight, loaded/installed via DIM, but when I click on the RENDER files (accessing from Content Library / Products), I do not see the HDRI in Render Settings / Environment / Environment Map (the Daz default map is there instead). I tried loading ALL of the RENDER files, but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

• ThorntoaThorntoa Posts: 22

Mec4D/Cath:  

I have the same issue as xyer0.  I did load the HDRI manually and it worked fine.   As far as I can tell all of the files are present.  Also, I uninstalled and re-installed the package but that did not see to have any effect. If  you would prefer I can load a bug report.

Thanks,

Allan

I am surprised again, I know there was issue with double space in a folder name in early pack but now I have not idea as not everyone have issue , I wonder what it is .. please report bug 

thank you and sorry for troubles

Cath 

Thorntoa said:

Mec4D/Cath:  

I have the same issue as xyer0.  I did load the HDRI manually and it worked fine.   As far as I can tell all of the files are present.  Also, I uninstalled and re-installed the package but that did not see to have any effect. If  you would prefer I can load a bug report.

Thanks,

Allan

• iSeeThisiSeeThis Posts: 552

I confirm the same issue. Don't see any garden. Just default setting.

IMG_1825.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    edited July 2017

I've contacted support but no voice back yet. Anyone got the solution?

What a pity I admire the promo pix of this product much. So disappointed.

Post edited by iSeeThis on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Does it load a default camera and if you check the log file do you see a line about there being a syntax error similar to:

2017-07-15 11:08:16.079 D:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Light Presets/MEC4D/HDRI Liberty Ferry NYC/Liberty Ferry 1/MEC4D_Liberty_Ferry_NYC1_ 10000x5000_Panorama_hdr.hdr (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['

I don't know. Suddenly it works. I just go into it to see and come tell you, SimonJM, what you asked me to take a look. It just work. But there is something to note. This time I load the render first (before this I load characters first) Thanks SimonJM.

• Was there ever a solution to this? I only just now attempted to use the product and nothing happens when I click on it. tx

• The RED CrownThe RED Crown Posts: 247
    edited September 2017

MEC4D HDRI Abandoned Industrial-Megapack

MEC4D HDRI Liberty Ferry NYC - Megapack

why these tuxtures in Light Presets ( out of runtime )

when i click of them show this massage cant find file i use mnually to locate the file HDR .

Post edited by The RED Crown on
  • Bamber said:

when i click of them show this massage cant find file i use mnually to locate the file HDR .

How did you install? Iray HDRs are render settings - that's where the map and its settings are specified - and native content does not go in the Runtiem folder anyway (but textures, including HDR maps, usually do).

• Bamber said:

How did you install? Iray HDRs are render settings - that's where the map and its settings are specified - and native content does not go in the Runtiem folder anyway (but textures, including HDR maps, usually do).

The MEC4D should update these 3 Lights HDR ( put textures in tuntime ) .

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    xyer0 said:

I bought the Gardens and NYC HDRI packs in the recent sale and none of the HDRI's load with the presets. Is it because the HDRIs are in the light presets folder rather than in the Runtime? I'm not sure, but having to load the HDRI maps manually is a pain. :( 

• MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515
    edited October 2017
    Redz said:
    xyer0 said:

I bought the Gardens and NYC HDRI packs in the recent sale and none of the HDRI's load with the presets. Is it because the HDRIs are in the light presets folder rather than in the Runtime? I'm not sure, but having to load the HDRI maps manually is a pain. :( 

Hi Redz,

This problem surfaced in Cath's  (MEC4D) first Hdri release.... MEC4D HDRI Abandoned Industrial-Megapack, and as I recall it was something to do with the script regarding the presets. There was a thread about this, possibly linked by name to the product. Cath issued an update later to correct this. It sounds very much like the same issue is possibly happening again.

smiley

Edited to add....just seen earlier in this thread Cath mentions about the syntax error in previous HDRI pack blush

Post edited by Musicplayer on
  • BrumitDBrumitD Posts: 235

I just bought this product and I am very disappointed. All it does is put a camera in the scene. Render Presets do not change the render settings or load the HDRIs. What a rip off.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

You have to view it in Iray mode or render in Iray before the HDRI will show, they wont show up otherwise.

edited December 2017

I had in the Iray mode and I tried to render it shows and renders the default settings and background. I checked the render tab and the product does not change them from the DAZ Studio default. It creates a camera in the scene and that is all any of the settings do. I tried rendering with camera it created and all it shows is the default Iray background. It did not load the HDRIs.

Post edited by BrumitD on

I found my problem. If you load an object, then try to use MEC4D HDRI Gardens, it will not load the HDRIs and remains at DAZ Studio default image.

• I also bought the package n 1 MEC4D HDRI and several landscapes are missing, images do not come out either. only cameras