Lips sync - how to ? will work in unity3d export?

dannykariodannykario Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hi,

new to Dz3d - but asking before spending $$$.
I want to have characters with lips sync animation, and then export to unity3d (with the mapatlas, decimator &fbx; methods).
I'm using Daz 4.5 , unity 4 Pro, and win7 64bit.

Few q:
- Will mimic pro work in this setup ?
- Should it be straight forward to export ?
- Can I use the genesis models ? or else - and if so which ones ?

Thanks for the help, BEst
danny,

Comments

• Artman009Artman009 Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

No, this will not work for several reasons.

Yes, you can export the DAZ Genesis as an FBX file with facial animation already done using the built-in lip sync plugin (note: it's only available in the 32bit version of DAZ Studio) or with just blendshape controllers that have no animation (upon export, you'll have to choose which controllers to export), but Mimic Pro presently has NO support for DAZ Genesis characters. Only Michael 4, Victoria 4, and previous models.

Lastly, Unity 4 (Standard or Pro), at the moment, does NOT support blendshapes (i.e., morphs) natively. Additional plugins are available for this, such as Mega-Fiers (http://www.west-racing.com/mf/?page_id=2).

So you would have to bring your DAZ FBX file into either Maya or 3dsmax (Blender is not an option because it does NOT have a FBX importer) then convert to a Mega-Fiers animation file and bring that into Unity.

So, on paper, it's doable but it will be costly as you have to purchase the Decimator DAZ Studio plugin, the Mega-Fiers Unity plugin, Maya or 3dsmax 3D modeling software, and if you're making a commercial game, you'll have to purchase a commercial export license for whatever DAZ Studio content you're using.

• edited December 1969

There is a blender fbx importer and exporter addon. I can import genesis morphs with that. I apply those morphs to a collada import because fbx importer is still in development, animations seem not to be imported atm.

There are much better decimators outside daz studio, so I would not buy that one. And the atlas tool in daz will generate a new atlas for each material, totally useless to me (so create a single atlas and bake the other materials into that outside daz, e.g. in blender).