Uber Spot light?

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi.
Just discovered there's something called Uber spot lights in DS4.5.
This is because I bought a package called IInaneGlory Simple Soft Lighting that uses them.
I don't have any idea where they are located in the content.. Only found them by doing a content search.
Is there another way of finding them?

However, they don't work. If I only have the Uber spot light and now other lights, the scene renders totally black.
I suppose this is not what's supposed to happen?

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Did you Purchase Uber Spots as stated on the product page that they are required?

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

No mkeitel, it's not supposed to render black. Some products, like that one, require you to have another product to make them work. That is, they build onto the functionality of another product. To make this product work, you will have to buy the UberSpot from the DAZ store.

Good luck, Inane Glory makes some good products and if you buy the UberSpot I'm sure you will like the results you get from Inane's package. :)

• edited December 1969

Ok, thanks for that. I failed to check the required products this time..
    I'll buy the uber spot and that will do it.

edited December 1969

It's an easy mistake. Hopefully the site will eventually highlight this better, along with links to the required products.

On another note, products like these can really add functionality and/or ease of use to existing products, greatly expanding the usability of the original product for a wider audience :)

edited December 1969

Uber lights are a great investment also imo. They drastically upgrade the results one can get rendering inside of DAZ studio.