Expression Randomizer for Genesis 3: Now Genesis 8 compatible [Commercial]

Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131

The Expression Randomizer for Genesis 3 has now been updated and can be used with Genesis 8.  I compiled the changes in DAZ version 4.9.3.166, the same as the original, so as long as you have that version or above it should work OK.

Randomizer_popup_3.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 151K
Randomizer_popup_1.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 237K
Post edited by Cayman Studios on

Comments

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666

Thank you for updating Expression Randomizer! I love your product and was hoping that you would come out with a Genesis 8 version. Once again thank you!!

Trish

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131

Thank you for updating Expression Randomizer! I love your product and was hoping that you would come out with a Genesis 8 version. Once again thank you!!

Trish

Thanks, Trish.  I only had to change one line in the script to allow it to proceed with Genesis 8.  The facial bones for Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 are identical, so it would have been a bit cheeky(!) of me to try to pass it off as a new product for Genesis 8.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

I've really missed this while working with G8. Thanks :)

• I did not have yet that product, but, for more clarity I think it is recommended to add this in product page..
    Because actually it state only for Genesis 3 series.

Also, Any chances for Genesis 2 Female/Male (or even first generation of Genesis) ?

• Atanacius said:

I did not have yet that product, but, for more clarity I think it is recommended to add this in product page..

I'll see if I can get the product description changed somehow to reflect the Genesis 8 compatibility.

Atanacius said:

Also, Any chances for Genesis 2 Female/Male (or even first generation of Genesis) ?

There can't really be a Genesis or Genesis 2 version because they don't have the facial bones.  I do it with Genesis 3/8 by randomizing the rotations and translations of those bones.

• Atanacius said:

I did not have yet that product, but, for more clarity I think it is recommended to add this in product page..

I'll see if I can get the product description changed somehow to reflect the Genesis 8 compatibility.

Atanacius said:

There can't really be a Genesis or Genesis 2 version because they don't have the facial bones.  I do it with Genesis 3/8 by randomizing the rotations and translations of those bones.

For 1) The description is now up to date for Genesis 8 series but.. the product title show as "Expression Randomizer for Genesis 3"
    -- So if  you can't update the product title, I recommend you at least to update the first "product image promo" with a text like: "NOW G8 F/M Compatible!"
    -- You perhaps make more sales as it :)

For 2) Oh.. ok.. I didn't know, I will be less dumb now :)

Thanks for answered me :)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Thank you so much for this wonderful update. It makes your product even more flexible and twice as useful!

• Atanacius said:
    Atanacius said:

Atanacius said:

For 1) The description is now up to date for Genesis 8 series but.. the product title show as "Expression Randomizer for Genesis 3"
    -- So if  you can't update the product title, I recommend you at least to update the first "product image promo" with a text like: "NOW G8 F/M Compatible!"
    -- You perhaps make more sales as it :)

For 2) Oh.. ok.. I didn't know, I will be less dumb now :)

Thanks for answered me :)

I think changing product names is not a good idea as it might cause confusion, both for the customer and the Store database!  Most people are aware that many, though not all, Genesis 3 products are Genesis 8 compatible, and so are likely to shop with that in mind.