Project EYEris - New DAZ Studio Shader and Preset Package *OUT NOW* [Commercial]

124»

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

I just did a render of M6 and I can confirm that M6/G2M and V6/G2F do indeed share eye UV's. Although the render contains only the G2F eye presets from Re-interjection, it does point the way for Project EYEris 2 to be used on M6/G2M, so you do wonder if you actually need there to be a set made for M6/G2M when the current ones will work. I suppose you could do an add on with different iris textures or something, it's up to you.

I might get Project EYEris 2 this week and see how I get on

CHEERS!

M6_AAL_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 238K
  • GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

Project EYEris works just fine on the G2 line - male and female. To be fair, I do have the V4 UV map so that could be why it works for me. Even applying the base EYEris shader to G2M works fine but it shows that it is using V4 maps.

The additional files in this pack are prefixed PES and are AoA subsurface shaders. They only work on the G2 line. If I'm reading the documentation correctly, these shaders use G2's eye surface as well as the iris, sclera, and lacrimal surfaces. Since G1 has no eye surface it makes sense that the files would not work on G1.

edited December 1969

I get what you're saying and I was referring purely to G2F and files made just for them. The render I posted is of M6 using the G2F eye preset from Re-interjection, nothing to do with Gen 4. My bad with the title of the pack, you're right on that one it is a Subsurface Expansion pack for the original. What is clear though is that we don't really need another expansion pack for G2M/M6 as my render has proved that they share eye UV's with G2F/V6 so you can use the relevant presets in the SS pack for either of them. The blurb for the expansion pack only refers to G2F, but, I'm guessing she was all that was out at the time that the pack was being developed.

CHEERS!

• SupernalPhantasiaSupernalPhantasia Posts: 48
    edited December 1969

Wouldn't you be able to use the new expansion with Genesis 1 if you apply the eye surface product by PhilW to Genesis? Perhaps I will try testing this query today and post my findings later today.

edited December 1969

It might work if you apply everything individually, but I wouldn't be sure about presets.

CHEERS!

edited December 2013

Took me more than one day to test all the possible methods I could think of, but here is what I found to work consistently for getting the Project EYEris Subsurface Expansion properties onto Genesis 1:

1. Load both Genesis 1 and 2 into your scene and select all the eye related surfaces of both figures at the same time and restore them to DS Default (just to be safe - may not be needed)
    2. Apply PES iris choice to Genesis 2
    3. Apply PES sclera choice to Genesis 2
    4. Apply PES eye surface choice to Genesis 2
    5. Apply DPTE tear choice to both Genesis 1 & 2 at once
    6. Apply DPTE lacrimal choice to both Genesis 1 & 2 at once
    7. Select Genesis 2's cornea, pupil, iris, and sclera surfaces and save as shader presets
    8. Apply those presets to their equivalent Genesis 1 surfaces
    9. Select Genesis 2's eye reflection surface and save as shader preset
    10. Apply the that preset to Genesis 1's eye surface prop
    11. Test render, adjust if needed, and enjoy!

You will get something like this: (Genesis 1 on the left, Genesis 2 on the right, both V4 shaped and Bree textured for better comparison)

Oh yeah, also, all the full eye presets are DPTE named, and I have found that anything with that prefix will load directly onto Genesis 1 or 2 with no problems or extra workarounds needed. It's only the PES named materials from the expansion that need these extra steps. The PES iris materials apply to the Iris, Pupil, and Cornea of Genesis 2 all at once but require 3 different shader presets to be saved in order to transfer to Genesis 1. Also, this trick works for getting anything to transfer between Genesis 1 and 2 surface-wise, so long as it is something they both have the same UV's for. Because both of my Genesis models have V4 uv's available to them I was able to make these eye shaders transfer. Getting things from Genesis 1 to 2 is easier than vice versa because you can save everything on Genesis 1 as a single material preset and apply it to Genesis 2 no problem, but going backwards requires each individual surface to be saved out as a shader preset instead .

Project_EYEris_Test_-_final.png
    1500 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by SupernalPhantasia on
    edited December 2013

Pretty neat,

Phil will be pleased that his Eye Surface package can be used in this way, of course, when Gen X for G2 comes out you'll be able to transfer all your favourite Genesis characters to G2 and be able to use G2's eyes anyway.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

I don't know anything about GenX sadly. If it makes all of this easier, maybe I should look into it.

edited December 1969

Well, it will when it comes out. The original Gen X was a means of transferring M4 and V4 (and other legacy figure) morphs to Genesis, however, that didn't give you the eye surface back, which was partly why Phil and I came up with Eye Surface for Genesis.

What the G2 version of Gen X will give you is the ability to transfer Genesis and V4/M4 morphs to G2 and of course G2 has the eye surface which Genesis lacked.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Ah, most excellent sounding. Thank you for that information. I didn't have any generation 4 figure morphs to transfer, but for the Genesis generation I have a lot of morphs for. Being able to move them to Gen2 and all their maps and so forth would be especially wonderful - would feel like I didn't lose all that work I put into making those morphs.
    If it wasn't already obvious, I do love that eye surface add-on. Thanks for getting that made too, my renders are so much nicer now =)

edited December 1969

That's cool,

I had the idea, but not the knowledge to turn it into a product, for that the credit belongs to Phil W. Glad it's proving useful though.

CHEERS!

• giovannigiovanni Posts: 11

would these eys work ok in daz studio octane plugin??

if so i go buy them now

• The texture maps would work, the shader would not.

• Hi - will this work inside of Carra 8.5Pro?

• SAme answer, textures yes shaders no.

• I have a Amy Elite V4 character. Will the eye reflections work with this character?

Also, seems http://3dimensiondigital.com is not up anymore. Is there documentation provided somewhere for this plugin?

Thanks for any clarification. 

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited February 2017

It pulled up for me but it is also on the ReadMe page.  Scroll down to Additional Details and there is a link.

Post edited by Digital Lite Design on
  • dale_5e04542c64dale_5e04542c64 Posts: 49
    edited February 2017

@DigitalLiteDesign  - thanks for the readme link. Site still doesn't work for me but I found the great pdf documentation. Seems just like what I'm looking for. 

But, I still can't figure out if this will work for my Amy Elite, Victoria 4 character. Even if the morphs don't work, the eye reflections would be great (if this is possible).

If anyone has had success with V4 with this product, please let me know. 

Post edited by dale_5e04542c64 on
  • Works good with V4. Great reflections. 

• animezx123animezx123 Posts: 1
    edited April 2018

Hi! do you have any way to achieve the look of this eye right here?

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/2ZXxK

He used procedural nodes in Substance Designer/Painter, to achieve the look, and the iris here is kinda oblong'ish,

I already searched lots of procedural eyes, even for many programs like blener, UE4, unity, substance designer, while they're all great but they're a bit on the realistic too much and they're all symetrical, if u take a look at this, https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/003/729/633/large/chang-gon-shin-01-gwendolyn-main.jpg?1476886941

you can see the bottom part of the Iris is brighter

2018-03-26

Post edited by animezx123 on